AIG Employee Reviews

Found 1,373 reviews matching the search
Corporate position
Senior Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2017
Corporate America insurance position. Room for advancement, laid back environment. Reviewed claims for marine losses to determine coverage. Friendly environment.
Could be better
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 23, 2017
AIG could be awesome. But as with life, a few bad apples ruin the bunch!!!!!

It was fun, we had a great team with all different types of people!
The bosses boss, was not a good time. He has very difficult to please and was always after you!

Keep your nose clean here!
Pros
Bonus Checks
Cons
Upper management
Good Pay
Manager of Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTMay 23, 2017
Good Pay and benefits. Management always infusing uncertainty down the line of employees. Poor decision making and everyone like to pass on the bug to the Otherside. Taking ownership and feeling the pride in it is lacking heavily.
Pros
Benefits, Generous 401k
Cons
Uncertainity all the time kills the morale and performance of the employees.
productive and fun workplace
VALIC Associate (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 23, 2017
When I interned here last summer, my typical day at work was the shadow other employees in different departments to see what they do on a regular basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was that each and every employee that I came into contact with, made me feel welcomed each day. The hardest part of the job was being able to take in all information even though I knew I was just interning. Workplace culture was balanced.
Pros
Positive attitudes, traveling opportunities, down time at appropriate times, working with caring individuals, workplace balance
Cons
Job was only for the summer :( Would love to come back!
Great place to work ....
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2017
Pros
Work Life balance; Encouraged to improve professional qualifications; Compensation, benefits, etc

Cons
Looking for new challenges, options & direction
drab
Imaging Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2017
Management was horrible in the second floor department, it was completely unorganized. The managers would be upset if you weren't into gossiping with them.
Being boiled in oil would be more enjoyable.
Systems Engineer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 22, 2017
Overcrowded. Zero management abilities. No help from others. Everyone to fearful of their own longevity
In order to help you and the company succeed.
Pros
Ok coffee.
Cons
Good company to learn the insurance business.
Zonal Underwriting Support Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 21, 2017
Generally, it is a well-managed organization with high standards for employees and it does provide areas for growth. My tenure ended due to workforce reductions nation-wide.
First job ever
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 21, 2017
Great first job! I learned so much and met amazing people and I loved my supervisor! I really took my customer service experience from here and expanded it .
Benefits
Cons
short breaks
American General AIG
Market Support Staff Sr. /Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCMay 20, 2017
This was a great company to work for, before several managmement changes which led to the closing of all offices. Most representatives now are brokers, and there is no longer any offices in our area.
you basically work for yourself
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 20, 2017
good leaders are very hard to find and the pholosiphy the company has to Train advisors are pretty poor. all in all, you eat what you catch, so if you can't fish, you will die, they don't know how to train you to fish, so you will die if you can't already. they also lie about how much interest the actually pay on IUL's. and because the cost in insurance goes up, IUL's can implode and customers can actually end up owing money.
Pros
work your own schedule
Cons
poor training
Productive and relaxing
Cashiering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2017
A nice company with a good work culture and benefits. The work place was made to feel relax and not stressful. It was not your usual corporate atmosphere with every Friday being jean day.
Productive and fast paced workplace
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
AIG is a fast paced environment full of very hard working people. When you join AIG, you join a family. There is tons of room for growth and learn new skills.
Management will destroy this company
CSR/FCR/CR Agent/TOPS Agent (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMay 17, 2017
AIG would be a great place to work if the people that put the time, and the work were recognized and allowed advancement. The upper management encourages cliques and in groups that blatantly do less work to thrive and expand further within the company, causing morale for the people doing everything they can to move up to drop immensely. Co-workers are nice and respectful, but management does not fix issues that remain present for months that effect every single rep on the call floor. Mismanagement and disregard for real issues within the company that effect both customers and employees go untouched for far too long.
Pros
great benefits, relatively lac workplace
Cons
cliques within management, blatant favoritism
Good People, Bad Politics
Head of Commercial Data Governance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2017
AIG has undergone a tremendous amount of change over the course of the last 2 years. While some of the changes were needed, layoffs have been ongoing since Q3 of 2015. A lot of people, especially within IT, have joined from the outside and brought a "smartest person in the room" attitude with them. This has created a political struggle between new IT and legacy IT that is preventing groups from collaborating or making any significant progress.
Pros
smart people with some great ideas
Cons
low employee morale; poor management culture
Eyes wide open
Senior Manager, Consumer - Retirement (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2017
This is VALIC. It is owned and operated by AIG. Culture here is divided between longtime VALIC employees and those funded by AIG Corporate. There is a BIG "us" vs. "them" mentality and this place couldn't spell collaboration if it tried.

AIG has a new CIO, let's hope this one knows how to build bridges...
Pros
The large campus allows me to get plenty of steps on my Fitbit
Cons
Welcome to the best technology and work environment the 80s had to offer
Executive Assistant to President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2017
Scheduled meetings, appointments, conferences and travel agenda both Domestic and International.
Heavy International travel, lodging and coordination of Corporate Jet to President.
Interacted and provided Executive support to international travelers visiting New York office.
Prepared Travel Training presentations.
Preparation and submissions of Executive expense reports.
Maintained Accounts Payable for Travel Team.
Sort, read and annotate correspondence and/or documents to facilitate necessary action; determine routing and signatures required and maintained follow-up.
Distribute paychecks, keep attendance and vacation records.
Maintained President’s office and files.
Gatekeeper.
I learned Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) while on the job; they offered classes in house. Management was supportive. Workplace was corporate and dealt with high end executives on a daily basis. The people were supportive and enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Medical, 401k, stock options, days paid off (sick, vacation, discretionary)
Best Place to Work
Hadoop Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2017
I am responsible for overseeing my teams as they progress on various tasks
Problem solving, Manage Pressure
Cool and Calm
Every Day I enjoyed My Work
Great Company
Sr Underwriting Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2017
AIG is a good company to work for with great benefits you will need to get hired with the right department and I think you would love the job and company.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Great company
Private secretary's (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 13, 2017
Very trustworthy people great location in the green tree area. Very serious about customer service and they will be honest to you for you to feel safe when investing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIG. Our community is ready to answer.