AIG Employee Reviews

Found 1,320 reviews matching the search
Good company overall
VP, Business Intelligence & Data Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2017
The environment encourages entrepreneurial thinking especially as budgets are continually reduced. This is one of the most challenging environments I have ever worked in. The people are smart and committed and are the primary reason I have stayed at AIG. Opportunities to advance are unfortunately few and far between.
Pros
Great company overall
Cons
Constant cost cutting below realistic thresholds
Design & Development IT tech Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 20, 2017
Could have been a still better place to work. Company should ensure proper mentoring is in place for new joinees. I felt proper tracking on most initiatives is sadly not in place! employee compensation and benefits are excellent!
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Yelling Managers
Provided training to provide good work ethics
Associate Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2017
AIG is a great company to work for. Enjoyed the in house training provided to ensure better knowledge of what my job duties were. Provided handbooks to reflect training.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
The atmosphere was positive and so were the staff, I was a team leader and was awarded compensation and comps for my efforts to succeed
INSURANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 19, 2017
he atmosphere was positive and so were the staff,I learned alot of techniques and selling of insurance products, and enjoyed my tenure of 11 years with this company
Pros
The atmosphere was positive and so were the staff, I learned alot of techniques and selling of insurance products, and enjoyed my tenure of 11 years with this company
Cons
There were no cons I could state, again this job was a milestone in my work career, I made many co-workers and staff who I still are in contact today.
Productive great place to work.
Advisor Group (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
This is a great Company to work for. The benefits are very helpful to
your family. The work place good working with other cultures. Management is helping when needed. The Company does a good job communicating about changes or decisions that affect employees.•I have enough information to do my job well.I have enough information to do my job well I feel encouraged to come up with new and better ways of doing things. •My workgroup looks for ways to change processes to improve productivity •My skills and abilities are utilized effectively by the company.•Having a clear corporate "culture" (a clear set of values, a clear style of management. The hardest part is to make the commissions are paid on time for the brokers to get paid.
My job is enjoyable and challenging.I am happy to encourage friends and colleagues to work at the Company
Overall environment is tough
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2017
Constant threat of lay offs. With only a few exceptions, no salary increases since 2010. Those you work with day-to-day are wonderful and supportive.
Great Place to work
Client contracts and Project Management support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2017
Very Professional staff I worked for in the Corporate Real Estate Department. State of the art Facility and equipment. Loved the work I did via Autocad
Pros
Salary
Cons
Wasn't hired full time do to budget
Hardest part of job
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 15, 2017
Company's upper management was not watching the active management of company's assets which led to the collapse of the US economy. I grew to the top 3% of annuity producers in a tri-state area within the first yr. Company went bankrupt after which I decided to get out of the financial services industry.
Pros
great experience in management
Cons
Had no control on owners decision which led to losing license.
Productive and Fun Work Place
State Reporting & Compliances (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 13, 2017
Experience with AIG was exciting enjoyed job but unfortunately company hired for new position then two years later decided they wanted to move position to another State.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Traffic bad in area
Good place to build a career
Sr. Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJApril 13, 2017
AIG is a very good place for someone who wants to build their career. The team there is a very well guided team and will help you in every single topic
Not the worst place to spend a few years
Head, Americas Sourcing (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 13, 2017
The company has come a long way since the financial collapse. Lots of strong talent, but there have been significant leadership changes and it has made it a somewhat difficulty culture to work in.
You cannot cut your way to excellence
Senioer Finance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2017
AIG has been reorganizing and reorganizing for a long time and they continue to have job cuts at lower and mid levels... and more are due to come after April 2017.

The management did a good thing in reducing senior staff but, they continue to cut jobs while the same amount of work remains. Some, few departments are sane but many are not.
Pros
Good Pay and benefits
Cons
No quality of life, lots of folks leaving and work piles up.
productive
CLAIMS EXAMINER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2017
A typical day working at AIG was calm and stress free. We had to process claims and meet a certain quota, but it was easy. The manager was understanding and very helpful.
Pros
Free lunches, fun training sessions
Cons
parking
Experience at AIG
DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTApril 12, 2017
Good team and management
Cordial relationship with employees
Best place to work
Good benefits.
Workculture is good.
Friendly Company policies and work benefits.
Transformation
National General Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 11, 2017
AIG is currently going through a major transformation - 7 CEO's since 2005. Major asset divestitures with shedding of may countries and businesses. Massive lay offs across all platforms and businesses.
Daily work routine
Marketing Support Staff (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAApril 10, 2017
Dealing 85% of emails with customer service related issues, coordinate with home office personnel in different departments to solving issues.

Reviewing policies when they arrived at local office and distribute to agents.

Run daily report and convert statistics into excel work sheet and email the final report to operation manager and GM of the firm.
Working there was okay.
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJApril 8, 2017
It wasn't until I was put on a team that I really felt like part of the company. I did learn how to use new software and went over my skills in Excel.
Pros
Free lunch on Wednesdays.
Cons
Little interaction with people unless you walked around.
horrible place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 6, 2017
rude co workers... rude managers... EVERY ONE was just rude even the trainers that train you were rude. glad i do not work there anymore. goodluck to the ones who do get the job earlier
spoke to contractors about work that was done through the company
Vendor Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 6, 2017
I loved working for this company until they laid off half of the people and wanted the current staff to take on another position and no pay. this became very stress full.
Pros
I learned alot about the 1099 Misc form and to work in differnet systems
Cons
Stress full invironment and not enough training, each person that trained you had a different way of showing you the systems ver confusing.
Team matters
Senior Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2017
Your experience really depends on your team and your boss. Some co-workers are not willing to learn new stuff and just want to secure their jobs. Not a good choice to work here if you really want to do something in your career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIG. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval