AIG Employee Reviews in United States

Technical lead and Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 23, 2016
Great place to work at which involved a lot of learning experience.
Have worked on multiple projects and grown with the firm.Involved and managed multiple roles and responsibilities.
Before I got laid off
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 21, 2016
I started at AIG FN and three months later they closed the North America opperation. But before it closed, my experience their was not too bad. The pay was good, the freedom was good, and the people were. I would have chosen to stay if I could have.
Great fast paced exiting place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New YorkAugust 17, 2016
Great learning experience, friendly atmosphere. Challenges included many office relocations. Hardest part was to keep up the demand of end users.
Good Company that could be great with better communication and training
Retirement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2016
The investment and retirement divisions of the AIG companies offer a vast assortment of client solutions and some unique tools that are available to help advisors reach clients. The problem is the internal communication. At times it feels like the company is too big and departments that rely on one another to optimize production are not interconnected in a way to get help get things done.
International Insurance Company
Supervising Property Underwriter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2016
The company has changed in many ways since I have worked there, however, at that time, AIG was a leader in it's field for all aspects and areas of insurance.
Nice workplace
Financial services representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2016
It was an amazing experience for me to be part of the family of AIG, there was a nice workplace, great environment, a typical day at work was very enjoyable so many things to learn everyday, I learned the base about life, accident and health insurance; the marketing knowledge was very helpful,
Pros
It was nice place and great environment
Cons
They close the financial Network in my area.
Productive workplace
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2016
Typical day full of duties and time lines. Always something new to learn. Benefits are good. Large campus good for exercise and healthy eateries near by.
Pros
Gym
Cons
Easy job, but horrible management and unorganized HR
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INAugust 1, 2016
The job itself wasn't hard, pretty typical call center stuff. Management was terrible, very unorganized, never wanted to help with questions or concerns. I had a harassment case that I was filing on another coworker for threatening to assault me, and instead of handling it, my manager chose to ignore it. I left not long after because of it. There is ONE payroll department for this multinational corporation. My checks were wrong 4 times in the 4 months I worked there. I got overpaid, then underpaid, and paid wrong amounts, and always had to sit on the phone for ridiculous amounts of time when calling payroll to get it fixed, which always took another week, so my check would be late all the time. Trying to move up was a joke. We were told we would be trained in a new book of business every 4 weeks - I was there for 4 months and NEVER got even one training class. You had to be trained in multiple areas before being considered for advancement. Salary stays the same, unless you move up. There are no pay raises. Unless you choose to take on 3-4x more work, you will make the same hourly rate regardless of how long you work there. Most people do not stay for more than a year in this position. They leave the company, 90% of the time. "Paid Holidays" are on a rotating schedule. They put your name in a cup, and if it's drawn, you HAVE to work that holiday, even if you volunteered to work the last.

Coworkers were great, and are the reason most people stay as long as they do. PTO can be a hassle because it is rarely approved, but there is a lot of it, which was a plus. Other than that,
  more... this job was terrible.  less
Pros
Set schedule, great coworkers
Cons
Disorganized, lack of care in management, no training, no pay raises, etc.
Great co-workers
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 31, 2016
My job was very busy, always meeting new people. Workplace, it was great to work with AIG until company decided that there was no place for our offices and let all go. I enjoyed working there, people were great and would still be working if this did not happen to me and all my co-workers
Poor Management, unrealistic expectations
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2016
I would not recommend working for AIG what so ever. This place is going down hill fast. The management is a joke. I work in the Houston office and the management over L&C, and New Business have no clue what they are doing. You cannot ask them for help on your calls because they have no idea anything about what the department does. They have no backbone to stand up for us and try to get us the systems we need and the so called "goals" set for us to meet out requirements for bonuses are unobtainable. Our call volume does not allow us on any given day to meet the "goal" that is set of 70 calls/day per person. The Manager refuses escalations, is unavailable more than half the time, leaves early, gets here late, and when she is here she doesn't return calls that have been escalated to her in the first place. We constantly get agents calling us back complaining about how she was supposed to call them back a week ago and never did. They want to micro-manage but are not worried about giving us the proper tools to accomplish what they are micro-managing. The Director is just as clueless as the Manager. And so is the site director. Forget customer service, it is about the numbers. Everything is becoming outsourced to save a dime, but is in turn ruining the company. The pay is a joke, and there are no raises, so as the cost of living goes up we are stuck making crummy wages.
benefits
Cons
unorganized, poor management, lack of proper training and resources, poor pay
It was a great experience to work for AIG.
Network Management Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 25, 2016
Working at AIG was very enlightening. They invested a substantial amount of money in my education; I will always be grateful to this company. Popular opinion notwithstanding, AIG is a company with deep insights in its market space and storied past. As with every large organizations, there may have been instances of a less than artful execution of the corporate mission; by a few. Overall, it is a good company with a tremendous human capital.
Extremely large company
Agency Director (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 23, 2016
Although an Industry giant in the Insurance/Mortgage Financing, the company is overburdened at the top of management. It probably needs to be split up to be more efficient.
Pros
Wide variety of resources, good local leadership
Cons
Several levels of top heavy over compensated management
Company culture
Legal Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 14, 2016
I love that the company allows schedule flexibility by implementing virtual work at home opportunities. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with my co-workers while the most difficult being I (along with many others) have not gotten a raise in 5 years and this tradition will continue unless one transitions into another position.
Pros
Work remotely
Cons
No annual raise
Good
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2016
good and liable infrastrure which enables candidate to work comfortably.Working here is a great oppurtunity for starters as they help in building our interpersonal skills and confidence.
Great Place to Expand Skills
SharePoint System Admin & Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 13, 2016
Grew into the job of SharePoint System Administrator as I pushed for document security in my role as senior technical writer - terrific opportunity offered to me by management!
Pros
Greta staff and management
Good Place to Work
Call Center Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 8, 2016
Fairly good place to work, people are friendly, benefits are good. However, would like to have worked there longer to really get a good handle on the job they had me doing.
Pros
Nice people to work with who show concern for your family.
Cons
Very short breaks, they expect you to be at your desk for all except 6 minutes out of a typical day, not physically possible for me and I believe they let me go because of this.
No consistent direction of company vision.
Project Manager, Lexington Systems and Operations (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 5, 2016
The company has had turnover in senior management over the last decade. This unfortunately has created an environment of chaos with regards to having effective management in place. Many managers typically stay in their office and it is up to the employee to approach the manager vs. the manager actually setting clear and direct communications. This leads to the overspending of funds for system enhancements and/or projects. A number of the Project Managers hired recently don't seem to know how to manage a project as those project managers from years ago. It is unfortunate this company gone from being a great company (with some issues, needless to say) and many, many dedicated employees to a company of counting $$$, which it is wasting on an immense basis.
Pros
Worklife balance, benefits
Cons
Lack of good management and company vision/direction
Contact Center
Contact Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2016
The Management team over the new business, customer care, licensing & commissions department is the absolute worse! There's high expectations yet nobody (CSRs) has all of the proper tools/training to do the job "efficiently & effectively," as management calls it. Access to the systems that were provided, was not given until the end of training. Callers are constantly escalating & demanding managers to speak to but guess what? The managers & site director Lisa can't assist, they have no clue on how to do the job! Talk about having people with titles just there to collect a check! Keep in mind, these are the same individuals that determine how much of the annual bonus that is offered. There is no opportunity for growth because they find a way to block you from other positions. There's no resources available and the managers never answer questions. It's ridiculous that escalations are passed to the manager & the manager will ask another rep to call the caller back to fix the issue! Beware when getting accepted into one of the positions above.
Pros
Benefits, weekends & holidays off, PTO
Cons
Management, pay and no raises
Wonderful Company
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 25, 2016
Such a disappointment that the company went under. Management was great! They were always pushing their employees to better themselves and to advance in the company. Enjoyed my position!!!!!
managers inexperienced. constantly micromanaging, cannot even talk to your peers
Processor I (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 23, 2016
Worst place I have ever worked......Treated like a little child. Watched constantly for even talking to your peers. If you get up from your chair to talk to someone you are reprimanded. This place is a sweat shop.......It's like a maze of people all around you in little cubicles. Dirty environment. 4 small bathroom stalls for at least 75 to 100 women. Disgusting...Managers are incompetent and are still there because they know someone or related to someone in the company. Daily stress is terrible. Constantly being told you have to bring up your production or you will go on probation. Very stressful. Would not recommend this company to anyone I know and have not done so......
Pros
free drinks
Cons
micromanagement....treated like children....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIG. Our community is ready to answer.