AIG Employee Reviews

Found 1,565 reviews matching the search
Great company
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTSeptember 20, 2017
I worked for AIGFP prior to AIG bankrupty resulting from AIGFP's creating a liquidity crisis for the parent AIG. Regardless of the bad press, AIG was and remains a great institution. It was brought down by the bad judgment of one man.
Aig
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Job is wonderful. There is a lot to learn on the job. Workplace culture is great. The hardest part of the job is to learn all of the applications that AIG supports.Meeting new people the teamwork is wonderful.
Pros
Learn a lot about different systems
Good company
Pension Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2017
this is a wonderful company to work for. I work there when it was American General. I work for this company for 21 years. If I was able I will go back and work for them.
Industry Leader with a Vision
Global Innovation Architect & Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 18, 2017
Every day includes interesting work and routine work. Interesting work includes understanding business opportunities and how we can apply technology to create real business value. Focusing on a few things that make a difference has worked well in moving things forward. The biggest challenge is getting buy-in from all the stake holders which requires creating relationships and explaining business value in non-IT terms. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your hard work pay off and doing something that makes a difference.
Pros
Good benefit package, global company, leader in their field
It was fun place to work. Good systems, good friendly people
Special Risk Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2017
My review of this company and claims department is good. We had a good group of folks that worked together. Was sad to see the claims processing area in which we worked moved to the Washington DC area leaving us without jobs.
It was good while it lasted.
Sr. Business Analyst Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Business restructuring and outsourcing plans get people laid off.
I wish I could continue working for the company I called home for 18 years. I was challenged and I learned a lot.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Work from Home
Clerk / Switchboard Operator / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 18, 2017
I previously wrote my review about the company as I only changed positions with the same company, for more advancement and exposure to the inter-workings of the company to expand my career opportunities.
Pros
learing the various departments
Cons
Difficult customers
Good company
IT - Manager (Former Employee) –  NJSeptember 18, 2017
Busy days. Learnt management, vendor management, technical issues as the main area of expertise. Great workplace culture. Hardest part is less job safety. Enjoyable part of good working relationship with colleagues.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Lack of advancement
A constantly changing environment
Business Analyst- Life Assets (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2017
AIG is going through a transition period with a new CEO so change will be coming. Layoffs are not uncommon so the hardest part is always wondering if you will have a job tomorrow. I work with a great team of people who are very supportive of me. I'm on a project so my hours have varied. It's not uncommon for me to work 10-12 hours a day.
Not Fair
Sales Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2017
Company didn't pay me what I was worth. They also had me doing multiple jobs. I would have continued if they compensated me, but they instead chose to let me quit and hired 2 people to do my job and paid them more money.
Stressful place to Work. No Job security
Underwriting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2017
Stressful, not family oriented and no job security. Difficult to know who to contact within any given department and no real cohesiveness between home office and the branch offices.
Pros
Large company many departments
Cons
Large company, difficult to maneuver
Hard working talented people. You learned how to be a manager.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was the was always the great people I got to work with. I also enjoyed working with people all of the world as well as get exposure to senior management.
The workplace culture is work hard. I didn't know anyone that worked 9:00-5:00. There were too many projects with tight deadlines to leave at 5:00.
In my position, we really learned accounting. You had to know your stuff. You had to ask questions and research what you didn't know.
Pros
A lot of talented, hard-working people
Cons
Statutory Reporting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJSeptember 14, 2017
Learned a lot in 16 years at the company but the problem is that they keep outsourcing the positions overseas. Once you learn a position at AIG the management has the habit of constant restructuring the department or groups and not always for a different position. There are too many managers and supervisors for a small group of people.
Work at AIG
Underwriter Technician (Former Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 13, 2017
Every big company has their good ways and uncomfortable ways of
handling employer/employee relations. From the lower - paid employees up to the highly compensated ( whatever that means )
no one is equal in dollars on any level. In many big companies today
employers are looking to cut back. They call it: hard decisions:All in all, big and small companies today, are making more demands
on would be hires that simply are not realistic to the cost of living and the wages and the wages that they are offering. $45,000.
sounds like a lot of money but not in today's world.
Pros
I was employed.
Cons
Answers sometimes take too long for a required resolution.
The company is still recovering from the bail out...
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2017
A lot of changes in upper management and the desire to cut costs is what led me to leave. Many employees were laid off and the ones that weren't were stuck with the work load with no compensation. The company stopped giving out raises and gives a "performance bonus" which is a complete joke.
Pros
my manager was great as were the benefits
Cons
very toxic work environment
Worst Manager I have ever Worked for
Consultant - Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkely Heights, NJSeptember 12, 2017
manager Not understating what I was hired for and always Deviated from the original Plan. Not knowing what a real Project Manager does, but instead though a Vendor Management PM was right. The Vendor Management PM didn't even know how to create a Project plan...
Pros
Being able to work from home
Cons
Manager
Political environement
Underwriter / Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York StateSeptember 10, 2017
The place was very poltical when I was there. Things went downhill once the Financial Crisis hit. Mass layoffs and job insecurity.

People were more focused on competing internally than cooperating to beat competitors.
good company
Sr. Operations Analyst/Sr. Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 10, 2017
Ity was a good company to work for but my last managerr was not very nice to his workers. He would yell at them in front of their co workers. He was not very well liked by people in other departments
Excellent productive environment
Change Management Group, Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 8, 2017
One of the best jobs held. Excellent environment with strong Management support. Typical day consisted of providing expert support to controlled environment and training new resources.
Pros
excellent career advancement
Cons
extra long unplanned hours during release cycles
Aig work
Director of Global Messaging (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 8, 2017
Very Busy and challenging Projects.
Needs to be self starter and manage the projects efficiently
Management was friendly
Need to be an excellent team player
New Projects with minimum direction.
New Technology, many things to learn,
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Tight Schedules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIG. Our community is ready to answer.