AIG Employee Reviews

Professional Environment
REGIONAL SERVICE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 2, 2016
All aspects of my employment during my tenure with AIG was positive even during the rocky times of the government bail-out. It is a professional atmosphere with a large team of positive and helpful co-workers.
Pros
flexible work schedule, excellent benefits, good environment
AIG Claims
Customer Service/Claims Analyst/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 5, 2016
I enjoyed working with schools to problem solve issues and assist students. Training co-workers, pharmacy help desk, Tech support with website were also enjoyable parts of my job.
benefits
Cons
policy issues
Good Place to Work
Call Center Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 8, 2016
Fairly good place to work, people are friendly, benefits are good. However, would like to have worked there longer to really get a good handle on the job they had me doing.
Pros
Nice people to work with who show concern for your family.
Cons
Very short breaks, they expect you to be at your desk for all except 6 minutes out of a typical day, not physically possible for me and I believe they let me go because of this.
Poor Management, unrealistic expectations
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2016
I would not recommend working for AIG what so ever. This place is going down hill fast. The management is a joke. I work in the Houston office and the management over L&C, and New Business have no clue what they are doing. You cannot ask them for help on your calls because they have no idea anything about what the department does. They have no backbone to stand up for us and try to get us the systems we need and the so called "goals" set for us to meet out requirements for bonuses are unobtainable. Our call volume does not allow us on any given day to meet the "goal" that is set of 70 calls/day per person. The Manager refuses escalations, is unavailable more than half the time, leaves early, gets here late, and when she is here she doesn't return calls that have been escalated to her in the first place. We constantly get agents calling us back complaining about how she was supposed to call them back a week ago and never did. They want to micro-manage but are not worried about giving us the proper tools to accomplish what they are micro-managing. The Director is just as clueless as the Manager. And so is the site director. Forget customer service, it is about the numbers. Everything is becoming outsourced to save a dime, but is in turn ruining the company. The pay is a joke, and there are no raises, so as the cost of living goes up we are stuck making crummy wages.
benefits
Cons
unorganized, poor management, lack of proper training and resources, poor pay
Good Business, Great Customers, Good Company to work for.
Field Office Manager/New Business Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN/ Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2016
AIG Financial Network also known as AGLA was a great company to work for.
Great hours, strong customer service skills were required for this position/company.
Management while the company was AGLA was remarkable, new management was the turning point for this company which caused it to ultimately close. New management had no understanding of the companies processes, procedures, accomplishments not was there any interest to learn.
I loved working for AGLA, the help we could provide our customers was inspiring and fulfilling.
Pros
Great hours, good pay, benefits
Cons
New Management under AIG.
Exciting place to work, people friendly
Ledger Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77019September 2, 2016
Learned a lot over the number of years of service with the company. Enjoyed the on-line classes and working with the people,
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Friendly people
Great to employees and oppurunity for advancement
Distributions Processor (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 6, 2016
I work at AIG part time and enjoy my team and team leader very much. I've learned a lot about insurance and retirement benefits while being here. Although sitting at a desk all day is hard, there are many activities that AIG likes to do with their employees on a weekly basis.
Productive workplace
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2016
Typical day full of duties and time lines. Always something new to learn. Benefits are good. Large campus good for exercise and healthy eateries near by.
Pros
Gym
Cons
Easy job, but horrible management and unorganized HR
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INAugust 1, 2016
The job itself wasn't hard, pretty typical call center stuff. Management was terrible, very unorganized, never wanted to help with questions or concerns. I had a harassment case that I was filing on another coworker for threatening to assault me, and instead of handling it, my manager chose to ignore it. I left not long after because of it. There is ONE payroll department for this multinational corporation. My checks were wrong 4 times in the 4 months I worked there. I got overpaid, then underpaid, and paid wrong amounts, and always had to sit on the phone for ridiculous amounts of time when calling payroll to get it fixed, which always took another week, so my check would be late all the time. Trying to move up was a joke. We were told we would be trained in a new book of business every 4 weeks - I was there for 4 months and NEVER got even one training class. You had to be trained in multiple areas before being considered for advancement. Salary stays the same, unless you move up. There are no pay raises. Unless you choose to take on 3-4x more work, you will make the same hourly rate regardless of how long you work there. Most people do not stay for more than a year in this position. They leave the company, 90% of the time. "Paid Holidays" are on a rotating schedule. They put your name in a cup, and if it's drawn, you HAVE to work that holiday, even if you volunteered to work the last.

Coworkers were great, and are the reason most people stay as long as they do. PTO can be a hassle because it is rarely approved, but there is a lot of it, which was a plus. Other than that,
  more... this job was terrible.  less
Pros
Set schedule, great coworkers
Cons
Disorganized, lack of care in management, no training, no pay raises, etc.
good company
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 2, 2016
great environment, friendly co -workers/management, assured job security, compensation/benefits work well with life balance not too stressful and good company.
Needs to Change
Global Access Control Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2016
Overall my experience at AIG was not good. Not clear who your reporting to. 3 changes in management in a 6 month period. Overwhelming tasks, Work/Life balance almost non existent.Head of Department resigned 3 months after I resigned. Good for a single person who is a workaholic.
Pros
Cons
Management, Work/Life Balance, No direction
Great Benefits
Claims Review Specialist, Claims Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 21, 2016
Management sucks, but job is good and benefits are excellent. Paid time off is great, benefits and PTO start day 1.
After moving to new location, cubicles had shrunk immensely, although double screens were automatically part of the desk system..
Senior Environmental Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2016
start at 8:00 AM (at latest) and finish around 5 PM... Staff and Management were great to work with. As in any Office Operation, there are some people that make it challenging. But, they were in the minority. Local and Middle Managers were very reasonable to work with. It was nice to learn new things as an Environmental Underwriter.
Pros
We knew what we had to get done, but Management was very supportive in our efforts. regardless of hurdles.
Cons
Worked thru a BDM, Business Development Manager, who just got in the way of trying to build personal relationships with Brokers/Clients.
Great learning opportunity
Licensed Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2016
Good opportunity to gain experience working in financial services for a great company. Best part of the job is the benefits that AIG offers its employees.
Amazing place to work, great co workers and managers.
Customer Service Support (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 13, 2016
AIG is amazing place to work, with its easy to understand managers and guidelines as well as its payment and benefits i would strongly recommend that anyone should work there that are decent with computers.
Pros
Benefits, co workers, pay
Cons
Hours
Insurance Giant has international footprint
Independent Consultant/Contractor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Although this is a large corporation the corporate culture is very entrepreneurial and individual accomplishment is highly valued. The challenges of working in distant countries with the corresponding risks provide great opportunities for career growth and experience.
Friendly Work Environment
AIG, Talent Acquisition Partner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2016
I enjoy working at AIG. Awesome teamwork environment. The work life balance is great. The management style is very open and laid back. The most enjoyable part of the job is finding great talent to join the organization.
Working at AIG
Business Analyst- Risk Control Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2016
Really depends on the department you work. During my time there, the company was going through a lot of restructuring which involved a lot of lay offs. So as you can imagine, that environment wasn't really the greatest to work in as many people were worried about Job security. My favorite part about working there though were my managers. Their open door policy, honesty, among many other things made working there quite pleasant
Finest co-workers' I have ever had the pleasure of working with
Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 4, 2016
The highest caliber of individuals I ever worker with & I sincerely care about each and every one. As a result, the overall working environment is wonderful. The local management is made up of strong, but caring people.
Pros
co-workers, good benefits, laid-back professional office and caring management
Cons
company currently restructuring
Job Insecurity
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2016
There is no job security, and no employee loyalty. There were no salary increases for over four years. It was once a good place to work, but no more.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Ongoing employee lay-offs occurring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIG. Our community is ready to answer.