AIG Employee Reviews in United States

Reputable company with good product
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 11, 2016
Cold calling was not necessary. Worked from established list and mailers. Management team was excellent. Since my area was quite far from the office, I was able to work from home 2-3 days a week. Weekly goals were attainable.
Pros
Work from home.Relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
Company decided to dissolve all field offices, reps and management
Vice President
Vice President and Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 11, 2016
It is a tough environment to work in but those who are self reliant and goal oriented will do well. It is an environment an entry level person will learn a lot in a short period of time.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
management are financially focused only
Positive Experience
Head of Global Vendor & Business Partner Services (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2016
My experience working for AIG has been a postive one. The experience that I have gained working there has advanced my career and has helped me achieve my overall goals.
Pros
International Exposure
Cons
International Exposure
Different and educational work place
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 6, 2016
A typical work day for me is coming checking my voicemail and emails for my daily task

I have learned a lot about the products offered by VALIC and what the industry has to offer me and their client.
Excellent place to work
Senior Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2016
Everyone was very helpful. I used my experience to enhance my career and I learned a lot. I was required to fulfill my duties at a steady pace.
Great company to work for
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 3, 2016
It is a very good company to work for, has very competitive salaries and PTO. Very big company so you must work with a lot of people to become successful. Great growth opportunity as well.
Stable, Employee focused company
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 2, 2016
I have worked at since I graduated college. I am approaching 8 years. I believe that is a testament to how much I enjoy being an AIG employee. I work with a team of people and a very helpful manager on a daily basis. I have a book of business & brokers that I have built very good relationships with. AIG allowed me to work from home. However, working from home can sometimes be very difficult. I have slowly moved up in the company through my 8 years which means I have gained knowledge of several areas within the company.
Productive and fun place to work
Actuarial Systems (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 28, 2016
Laughter creates a bond that brings others together; people like to be with employees who are having fun. Creativity, intuition and flexibility are key to successful operation of organizations today. In stimulating environments, employees enjoy their time at work and they will also excel at work. Attracting customers is easier in an environment of hospitality. A fun workplace is not only more productive, but it attracts people and profits.
Just like any other sales job
Financial Adviser (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 27, 2016
Bit hard since you work with teachers, and they are out of office for about three months every year. It's hard to get them to agree to meet with you, and discuss their retirement, while they are on vacation.
Eagar to have a variety of employees
New Business Processor (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 27, 2016
Long hours and could improve on appreciating dedicated employees for their worth, value and skills.

Too many managers and the lack of communication between the team and different departments.
Pros
Benefit plan is flexible
Cons
No recognition
Good Job Good Benefits
Release Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 26, 2016
This is a decent company to work for. Flexible options with nice people. Most days are very busy and full of meetings. Convenient work location.
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  LondonApril 20, 2016
A typical day of work involved speaking with clients about property losses, both building and personal property. I enjoyed management as I was not micro-managed and was given flexibility to resolve losses and trusted to do so.
Good Work, Great People
Sr PEGA Developer (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 20, 2016
Indeed has a good work life balance. It is uncommon to see people spend more than 8 hours at the office. There is never a "crunch time"; the workload is pretty consistent.

All the employees are intelligent, fun to work with, and passionate about their work. I think this is the most significant factor that makes Indeed a great place to work.
Pros
Great people, daily catered lunch
Cons
NONE
Don't recommend
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2016
Unless you had prior working relationships with the group leads e.g in EFT you will be ignored.
They are not interested in long term solutions only quick turnarounds
Goals = meet timelines regardless
Amazing Co-Workers very hard working
IT Infrastructure Project Manager/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJApril 19, 2016
My co-workers are amazing. Most of them are from the LAC region and they are very hard working and want to get the job done right. I am very fortunate to have this experience.
Good Site
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2016
I really enjoyed working with AIG. I learned a lot of the insurance industry. I would recommend anything interested in working there.
Great team, great leadership
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 11, 2016
The highlight of my journey was traveling to Argentina, Ecuador, and Colombia. The team's down there were so hospitable.
Great benefits and time off..
Project Manager I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2016
No work life balance, work work work & now the simplify AIG.
Best business trips, overseas, and NYC, however due to Simplify AIG, the per diem has been reduced as well as the number of employees still working at AIG.
Pros
5 weeks off...
Cons
NO work life balance
No room for advancement
Payroll and Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
Great company overall, but depending on what area you work in not much room for advancement and the pay is not good! Would be better company if advancement was possible.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Unable to move to other higher paying positions
Productive and challenging place to work
Financial Representative/Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 5, 2016
Sales and Business Development as an Independent Insurance Agent. The management team was very knowledgeable and helpful with generating new business opportunities. I enjoyed the high pace work environment, and the support from my co-workers.