AIG Employee Reviews in United States

Working as a Data Analysis
DATA ANALYST (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCFebruary 19, 2016
I work 7.5 hours a day.
I learned Tableau and R.
I am team leader so learned to manage and assign work.
My co-workers are very creative and we have friendly atmosphere
Finding Data
Short term goals
Large Company with Multi lines of Business with Professional Staff
AIG - Manager Financial Reporting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2016
I start each work day with a fifteen minute team meeting. In this fast pace enivronment I learned to focus on what matters most and be thoughtful and decisive. I support and invest time in maintaining an appropriate level of knowledge related to business, industry and regulatory topics.
Pros
Professional work enivironment.
Cons
Too many meetings
This was really a great company to work for and it really groomed me to be the kind of employee I am today
Business Analyst - Operation Business Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2016
A typical day at work was working on the tasks at hand and assisting other team members and other areas.

Management was okay.

My co-workers, at least some of them is why I enjoyed going to work after 15 years.

The hardest part of the job was trying to find excitement in it when it had become redundant.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping team members and other areas
Pros
Working with a great group of people
Cons
No financial increases
Productive and Supportive Work Environment
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 11, 2016
AIG is transforming in to lean and Agile company. It is a very interesting work environment with lot of projects to support various BU globally.
Pros
Free lunches on Wednesdays
Nice people.
PMO Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 11, 2016
This is a good company to work for. Good Corporate environment. Culture is focus on sales. People are helpful and supportive.
Very Good
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 8, 2016
Enjoyed working in the Life and Retirement branch at AIG. The Financial Network idea was sound, the fact seems to be that it didn't take off quite fast enough to become sustainable.
Best Job I ever had
Claims Analyst Intern - Commercial Property Lines (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2016
I absolutely LOVED interning here as a junior in college. I would recommend this company to anyone, young or experienced. They offer great pay and management was amazing
I loved working here. We are like family
Marketing Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 4, 2016
My job ended with any notice or anything. I gave them 16 years of my life. I grew with this company. I learned a lot working here. I didn't want to leave but I had no choice. Everyone is nice and the office environment is relaxing and enjoyable. We worked together as a team.
Pros
30 min lunch break, benefits are great
Cons
No warning or notice just shut office down
It was a great place to work! My manager, team, and co-workers were amazing!
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 29, 2016
It was a great place to work! My manager, team, and co-workers were amazing! I was afforded the opportunity to work with Managing Directors across the company to help fill management positions within newly created agency offices.
Pros
My manager, my team, and my co-workers!
Cons
Corporate Lay-Offs
Good company but too big to be visible
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2016
In general, it is a good company. working hours are flexible. Tuition reimbursement plan are nice. But the company is too big, therefore your visibility is very low.
productive and fun work place
QA Tester (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2016
Good to work with the colleagues and excellent team co-ordination.
Management is good.
I've learnt how to work in peak situations.
Great Job
Director of Training South Florida (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Had the chance to work with a lot of good people and learn a lot about the company. Initially, the group I worked with had a chance to be part of something that could have been a great success but AIG had other plans and we all were let go..
Pros
Benefits, PTO
Cons
Lines of communication between departments
Good company to work with
technical lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2016
Working as Onsite Coordinator,Managing a team of 5 member is responsible for Estimation, Design, Development, Training and delivery of the product for project and overall quality of the deliverable by the team.
Job eliminated
FINANCIAL REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 23, 2016
Unfortunately, AIG Corporate did not do a good job managing AIG Financial Network and after 2 years dissolved the company. There are many good agents that are out of a job. I am sure we will all land in a better position.
Ability to manage own career
director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2016
No micro management from management for day to day assignments. Need to be self driven and good working with virtual teams
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Constant reorgs
great team
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 11, 2016
I loved our team. Great management & training. A lot of opportunity to succeed. Unfortunately AIG in New York made the decision to shut down the AIG Financial Network.
Great place to work!
Director of Marketing and New Business Development (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 11, 2016
I loved working here, however, our division has been eliminated. The culture was great, and the only reason I'm leaving is because they have shut down production. I would recommend a job at AIG to anyone.
Family Environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 10, 2016
This was a great place to work. Fast paced environment but everyone I worked with cared about each other. It was definitely a family based environment. I grew a lot as a professional through coaching from members of management and courses provided through a couple of different providers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help all customers even if they were irate. It was very satisfying that you could help them with their issues and calm them down.
Used to be a great place to work......now, not so much
Director of Strategic Analytics (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 8, 2016
Changing the business model and threw the baby out with the bath water. Effect was bad enough that senior mgmt decided to shut down employee agent operation. Bad hiring decisions by senior mgmt came home to roost, but unfortunately impacted lower level employees and not those responsible.
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 8, 2016
None- Office closed locally. no job available as a W-2 employee.
company was great while I worked there. The company decided to eliminate positions for a better strategy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIG. Our community is ready to answer.