AIG Employee Reviews

Found 1,486 reviews matching the search
Company cutbacks
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJJune 7, 2017
Currently the company is experiencing numerous layoffs so I would not recommend applying since there is no guarantee as to how long your position would be needed.
Pros
good vacation package
Cons
managers are inexperienced
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 7, 2017
Great place to work but not much opportunities to learn and grow. No program for employee recognition and career growth. Sometimes it depends on your direct manager.
great experience, great management
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2017
Great team focus. High net worth clients, good broker relationships. Enjoyed the independent general agents and BGA's, exciting NYC atmosphere where you were allowed to be yourself and nuture your region and business partners. a serious player with great products and comp plans.
Enjoy working with the underwriting team
Insurance Underwriter Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2017
Interesting. All the changes in insurance each day. marvelous management. Working with Underwriting team. Knowing about the changes in the insurance field.
Pros
A great company to work for
Great place
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 7, 2017
Started my career with AIG. Learned the industry from entry level marketing position with ample opportunities for advancement. Most management has turned over since leaving in 2007.
Its Good place to work
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 7, 2017
Work Environment is good and a very fun place to work and to gain knowledge and also experience and the environment is very friendly and people love working here.
Operational
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 7, 2017
There are many of benefits for working for a large company like AIG. Fully vested employer 401k/Roth IRA matching of 6% and additional 3% is outstanding. Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance. Immediate 24 days of Vacation/PTO. Its matching contribution to charitable organization and 2 employee volunteer days to allow employees to take part and volunteer in their communities is really neat. There are the typical flaws you'd expect from a company its size but those are trade off one has to make on his/her own. The opportunity for growth is available. Work hard, do your best and someone will notice.
Sample
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2017
A typical day at work. What you learned. Management. Workplace Culture. The hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job. Give us your opinion about the following.
Mixed
Investment Analytics Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2017
Very talented + dedicated Production Team of Investment Analytics Dept. Constant reorgs + downsizing made getting work life difficult. New CEO now + optimism in the new era
Worked there long time ago
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 6, 2017
It is unfair to give an opinion about AIG considering that I worked for them almost 17 years ago. Right now, AIG's management is totally different compared to my time in the organization.

Want to know more about AIG?

Ask a question
Even though a bit stressful, I learned a lot.
Auditor Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2017
This company provided excellent training in auditing and insurance topics. My co-workers and manager was always willing to help to satisfy deadlines.
Pros
Great training provided for auditors
Cons
Left little time for volunteering
Productive and enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2017
Managers and staff are great to work with and are always willing to help you. Enjoyed assisting Underwriters and Clients.
Learned their applications.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Decent Pay, Job Security, Extremely competitive culture
Internal Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 4, 2017
Typical day at work involves making/taking 40 to 50 calls. All calls are recorded and some are reviewed weekly. Everything you do is documented: calls, emails, etc. There's a lot of opportunity for advancement if you want to go into external wholesaling. There are many layers of management, which can result in disorganization and confusion.
Pros
Great benefits, external sales opportunities, decent salary, lots of vacation days
Cons
There are too many layers of management and it can feel overbearing at times, too many inefficient and ineffective meetings
worked hard
Complex Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  NYJune 4, 2017
Pushed to fit 10 hours of work in a 8 hour work day. Felt like the class ceiling was hit - needed more understanding from management. Liked some parts of the job.
Difficult Environment
Actuarial Professional Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2017
The environment is difficult to work in given the amount of layoffs and the lack of motivation given that raises are very rare. The benefits are decent.
Wrongful and unfair termination
Team processor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 4, 2017
I was wrongfully terminated for following the directions of a manager who instructed me to alter dates on a spreadsheet for audit last week. At this time, I do not have any positive feedback for the company due to the situation I was put in which caused me to lose my job of 19 years and the reason was CERTAINLY not my job performance nor production numbers.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Claims Repesentative
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYJune 2, 2017
Accident claims, setting up adjusters & rental car. Took many online courses for advancement, made team leader, worked long hours, enjoyed working w/ all
Pros
hour lunch
Branch Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 1, 2017
Good place to work. Don't have too much more to say. AIG seems to be coming back. Stop forcing me to write more. You're making me type so I can move on.
Typical office environment. Quiet. Sectioned in cubicles.
Scheduling Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 1, 2017
Easy workload. Repetitive work. Work closely with financial advisers and their clients. Given a weekly list of clients to call and schedule them to meet with their financial adviser to review their financial and retirement plans,
Pros
Short hours, light workload.
Cons
Only part time. Repetitive work.
11 years gets you nothing.
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJJune 1, 2017
Like any big company, the RIF's come regardless of tenure.

Loved the co-workers. Good feeling of a job well done. No rewards or recognition programs, they are too expensive. Management is very mixed from the over qualified to never managed anyone. I feel bad for the co-workers I left behind, always fearful of the next blood letting.

You take your chances with this big company, the branches are falling off this tree very quickly.

I would go back if only there was better job security, but the company is a reflection of the times, there is no such thing as job security.
Pros
Good work life balance, benetits and PTO
Cons
You never know when the hammer is falling on your head.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIG. Our community is ready to answer.