- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vice.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Assist CNC Operator I and II with setup and troubleshooting as required. Train and instruct other employees when requested.
- Programs CNC machines using Surfcam
- Confers with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel in order to exchange technical information.
- Conceptual Skills,
- Process Improvement
- Verbal Communication
- Functional and Technical Skills,
- Controls and Instrumentation
- Attention to Detail
- 7 or more years of experience
Must be able to speak and understand English
EDUCATIONS and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate
- Knowledge of G-codes and sub macros progra
- Must be self-motivated, organized and able to work in fast pace environment
- Proficient with all MS Office products,.
- Possess strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize a rapidly changing set of objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Ajax offers a wide range of thermoforming capabilities to serve our customers' needs, be it a thin gauge packaging part, a stylish and...