ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- This position will develop and verify CNC programs for 5-axis CNC machining cells.
- Use SolidWorks 2010 and Surfcam V5 to analyze customer provided blue prints, drawings, sketches and 3D Models.
- Surfcam experience highly desired!
- Must be able to work with complex structures and handle plastics.
- Analyze drawings, sketches and 3D models to determine dimension and configuration of cutter paths.
- Provide machine shop support during the tool proving process of new N/C programs and daily support for problem solving and process improvements.
- Maintain CAD data to ensure up-to-date accuracy.
- Create operator shop documents on set-up procedures, cutter lists and machining sequences.
- Experience with a variety of material types, plastics preferred, and CNC machines.
- Ability to meet frequent short timeline goals and deadlines
Must have excellent computer knowledge, including strong command with Microsoft Office Suite and MRP/ERP software systems.
- Must be highly accurate, have good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- CNC programming experience to include multi-axis and complex parts.
- Writes instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machine.
- Writes program of machine instructions in symbolic language to encode numerical control tape or direct numerical control database to regulate movement of machine along cutting path.
- Compares encoded tape or computer printout with original program sheet to assure accuracy of machine instructions.
- Revises program to eliminate instruction errors or omissions
EDUCATIONS and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Ideal candidate will have experience in a high precision machining environment, such as tool/mold making.
- Ability to design jigs/fixtures.
- Ability to create and edit G&M code programs at the machine if necessary
- Office based CNC programming.
- Create tooling.
- Create setup and job process instructions.
- Programming and edit at the machine.
- Setup and operation of CNC
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 10 years CNC programming experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. BSME preferred.
- Working in a team environment with good leadership & communications skills
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects. Items carried include laptop & papers.
Indeed - 4 months ago
Ajax offers a wide range of thermoforming capabilities to serve our customers' needs, be it a thin gauge packaging part, a stylish and...