AJC International is the undisputed leading marketer of proteins produced around the globe, driven by a seamless international network of the most talented professionals in our industry. Our success is defined by the quality and scope of our customer and supplier relationships, our product and market knowledge, the ability to build long term value with proprietary food products and services, and the efficiencies we achieve throughout the value chain of global food distribution. We are one team with one vision. We are AJC International.
We do more than just simply offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. We tailor them both to meet the demands of the countries and local communities our offices operate in.
Our commitment to diversity is evident in our presence. You will find us serving more than 130 countries, speaking more than 25 languages, providing an array of products and services specific to our global procurement and selling markets.
AJC is a global company and our employees understand and respect our customer’s cultural environment. We speak their language and understand their needs while our customers trust our expertise. Together, we make a difference throughout the globe.
We are seeking an experienced logistics professional that can lead a team by example. The ideal candidates will be able to fulfill a dual role where they will be required to perform logistics & documentation duties while analyzing and directing a group of logistics professionals for a specific business region at the same time.
- Resolve complex logistics issues.
- Manage the logistics team and information systems.
- Inventory process management.
- Facilitator of interoffice communication and establishes processes between offices or groups.
- Responsible for local user proficiency on systems, super-user of corporate computer systems, local needs analysis for system enhancement and development, and business process management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Builds interpersonal relationships
- Attention to detail
- Decision making
- Negotiation skills
- Strong leadership, organization and time management skills are essential to the success of this position.
- Effectiveness in coaching, motivating, and developing staff as well as ability to mediate all departmental employee relations.
- Composure - Can handle pressure, confrontation, conflict, and stress very well.
- Result Oriented- Sets goals and conducts activities to reach the goals.
- Persistence and Tenacity- Sets and manages activities to reach top priorities.
- Self-motivated, independent thinker.
- Ability to exercise strong judgment to make difficult decisions.
Education & Experience:
A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree and experience in the food industry are desired. Candidate should have at least 2 years of management experience and 3 to 5 years’ experience related in an international and export logistic environment specifically with ocean transportation and with the understanding of current trends in the international transport industry along with extensive documentation experience. Also, candidates should have a high proficiency with Microsoft Office 2003; Word, Excel, Outlook, and working knowledge of ATIS and Oracle.
Candidate is required to speak English fluently while fluency in a second language especially Spanish, Russian, or Mandarin is preferable.