A.L.P. Lighting Components is looking for a plastic injection molding process technician at their Dickson, TN facility. The job includes the following:
Perform duties to assist supervisor to maintain the flow of work and to ensure product quality and quantity is achieved in plastic injection molding department.
Request, evaluate, and monitor mold and fixture modifications and repairs.
Monitor production to ensure customer specifications and established quality standards are maintained.
Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders. Monitors and confers with supervisor to update all processing parameters on Bill of Materials, cycle sheets, etc.
Selects and audits products during processing to ensure adherence to quality standards such as dimensions and performance.
Supply approved first shots to production staff to ensure current quality standards are met.
Perform moisture analysis of material as needed, taking into account shift usage and available dry resin.
Sets up machines and equipment and assists with mold and material changes.
Recommends measures to improve production efficiencies, equipment optimization, scrap minimization, and quality improvements.
May supervise machine operators to ensure quality production of parts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCED REQUIRED:
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or comparable work experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in plastic injection molding production environment.
- Forklift experience.
- Knowledge of variety of production equipment, power tools and hand tools.
- Knowledge of plastic materials
- Applied mathematics
- Knowledge of injection molding processing