A national general contractor specializing in healthcare, commercial and industrial projects seeks an experienced CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT.
This position requires the candidate to direct and monitor the progress of construction activities while maintaining safety, schedule and budget requirements.
This position requires technical and administrative skills along with the ability to be organized.
Candidates for this position must have a construction education and/or verifiable construction experience in commercial construction and have ability to travel nationwide.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in project start-up
- Orchestrate a plan from the beginning of construction to completion of the project, including accurately project construction activities for scheduling purposes.
- Advise Project Manager of circumstances and issues that will have a significant impact on the project schedule
- Work with the project management team, track job progress and job costs
- Document issues and problems that have developed along with identification of the person(s) responsible for their resolution
- Document issues that impact the project schedule or will impact project budget and assign resolution to appropriate individuals in attendance
- Maintain daily reports in accordance with company policies and procedures that accurately describe project status
- Verify accuracy of drawing plan measurements of floors, walls, ceilings, etc. Identify discrepancies and take corrective action with Estimating or Project Manager
- Ensure schedule takes into account any potential obstacles
- Establish effective working relationships with client, architects, building manager, building engineer, foremen, sub-contractors and others
- Chair weekly project construction meetings with subcontractors, architects, engineers, other vendors and owner to discuss project status
- Meet daily with subcontractors to ensure daily schedules and task lists are understood
- Assist in the assembly of Pay Applications
- Schedule and coordinate work crews consistent with project demands and schedule. Supervise work of crews to ensure work is completed as contracted with a minimal punch list
- Continually enforce safety policies and procedures. Attend relevant courses on safety programs and stay up to date on latest trends
- Actively enforce all building regulations regarding noise, use of elevators, security, etc.
- Identify potential sales opportunities and communicate the opportunities to senior management
Required Education/Work Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree or a High School Degree or equivalent work experience is a plus
- 10+ years of field experience as lead superintendent in commercial projects. Experience should include some supervisory responsibility as a General Foreman, Field Engineer or Assistant Superintendent
- Experience with project $50,000 to $10 million
- Verifiable experience in a medical/healthcare projects
- Knowledge of ICRA
- Knowledge of construction Project Management/Accounting-related software applications
- Storm water management experience a plus
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Preferred:
- Ability to travel nationwide at must
- Ability to satisfactorily identify conflicts and address project and performance concerns.
- Duties require good judgment, initiative and ability to deal with last-minute changes or critical issues.
- Strong focus on client service.
- Ability to work in a faced passed environment on multiple projects
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Strong knowledge of project management and accounting principles relating to construction industry.
- Solid proficiency in all Microsoft Office Products; knowledge of project management software (Prolog, Procore, etc.) and project scheduling software (Suretrack, Fastrack, Project, etc.)
Qualified candidates must provide resume with salary requirements and completed project list with project value.
ALPA Construction, Inc. is a national full service general contractor and construction management firm specializing in the health care and...