AM Communications is a leading provider of residential and commerical fulfillment services to the telecommunications industry. We are seeking a Training and Safety Manager for our corporate office in Galion, OH. The Training and Safety Manager will ensure safety compliance by focusing on field installation training, up-training, safety training, driver training, job site observations, and accident investigations. This position is responsible for developing, coordinating, administering and tracking the AM Communications Field Training and Safety Programs.
- Work closely with the Director of Technical Operations and the field management team to identify training needs and potential safety risks.
- New and on-going development of safety, technical and other company training programs. This includes practical and hands-on training modules along with necessary documentation and testing.
- Work with local trainers to ensure the company training program is being administered consistently and properly in all operations. This includes both classroom and hands-on instruction of all approved training modules.
- Certification of all AM Communications Local Trainers and Field Trainers.
- Organize and track all related training documentation and test scores. This is done both electronically and with standard filing of hard copies. This documentation will be audited and pulled for use as backup for certain situations.
- Work directly with local management to provide directive and support to Local Trainers and Field Trainers.
- Create and track weekly safety meetings; ensure that all operations are in compliance with company policy.
- Conduct quarterly and as needed PPE (safety) and facility inspections. The PPE inspections must be done on 100% of field employees and included a signed inspection form.
- Ensure that employees and operations follow and are in compliance with all AMC safety practices and procedures. Any infractions must be document electronically in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure that AMC is in compliance with all local, state and federal safety guidelines.
- Oversee and track the on-site safety inspection reporting tool. This includes monitoring safety risks by employee and ensuring that follow-up coaching is being conducted on safety infractions. Create necessary reporting and provide to management.
- Assist with on-site safety inspections and field quality inspections.
- Works closely with the Human Resources and Fleet departments on safety related incidents to include vehicle incidents, bodily injuries and damage reports, documentation and investigations.
- Involved in developing, coordinating and administering post incident retraining for employees in all operations.
- Oversee, update and administer the online company testing system and other related tracking systems.
- Identify and anticipate safety and health concerns and hazards by surveying environmental, operations, and occupations conditions, rendering opinions on new equipment and procedures; investigating violations and recommending preventative programs.
- Guide and promote safe work performance by abiding by and promoting safety systems, policies and procedures, safety campaigns, communications and recognition programs.
- Comply with federal, state and local safety regulations by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; interpreting standards; enforcing adherence to regulations; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain a positive image of AM Communications to its associates, customers and the general public.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Ability to prioritize and organize and multi-task effectively.
- Must present a positive, professional image to employees, customers, and clients in all interactions.
- Follow company policies and procedures at all times. Set examples for technicians.
- Must have strong communication skills, a positive attitude and a high energy level, and work extremely well with people.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet AM Communications MVR qualifications.
- Must be able to pass a nationwide background check and drug screen.
- Must be able to travel to field markets as training and safety needs dictate.
- Must be able to carry 80’-100’ lbs, to include a extension ladder.
- Must be able to work at heights of 28’ feet
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to bend, stand, sit, crawl, climb and left throughout work shift.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- SCTE or NCTI Membership and/or Certificate are preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year cable or related industry experience required.
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, web-based applications, and email.)
Indeed - 8 months ago
AM Communication Services (AMCS) has been providing structured cabling solutions since 1995.
AMCS was previously known as the cable and...