Summary Develops long-term industry relationships resulting in continued, profitable sales growth. Responsible and accountable for meeting the individual and team sales and marketing goals agreed with their sales manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Obtains, updates, and demonstrates detailed industry, company, competitor, and product knowledge.
· Active in the CSI, AIA, and other relevant trade and industry bodies.
· Establishes lasting relationships to maximize sales / customer contribution. Specifically, develops long-term relationships with contractors, architects and trade organizations.
· Searches out and decides on appropriate bids to be made. Acquires sub-bids where necessary.
· Determines the best scope of work to provide on each project.
· Follows up on all pending and ongoing projects regularly.
· Designs and implements a sales plan that will achieve assigned sales goals.
· Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads and updates into CRM.
· Makes outbound lead calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and email to qualify leads and sell products and services
· Handles in-bound sales lead calls to convert calls into sales.
· Provides product demo's to qualified customers upon request, including appropriate pricing information.
· Emphasizes salable features, quotes prices and credit terms, and prepares sales orders for orders obtained.
· Organizes time and activities to maximize time in front of customers.
· Informs customers and potential customers on a timely basis of business changes such as product offering, pricing, or assembly options.
· Completes accurately and submits in a timely manner all documentation necessary to ensure that product can be ordered, and materials and installation scheduled.
· Provides pro-active after-sales follow-up to ensure positive and acceptable CSR scores.
· Investigates and resolves customer enquiries and complaints, escalating to the Commercial Sales Manager when necessary and appropriate.
· Complies with company policies on pricing, discounting, credit and collections to ensure profitability.
· Able to use electronic software (PQM, CRM, MS Office etc.) to quote, sell and order products and assist in providing prompt and on-time delivery.
· Represents the organization at all times in a professional, competent manner, in keeping with the high ethical and cultural standards of the organization.
· Prepares and submits periodic reports (verbal and written) as determined by management.
· Utilization of Dodge Lead Service and others as applicable.
· Compliant to CRM Utilization and requirements – Daily Calendar, Activities entered, Quotes captured, Dodge leads followed through, Projects quoted in PQM associated with customers in CRM for all quoted generated and opportunities.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a high proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Annual salary will be $40,000.00
Commission will be paid at 3%, based on the gross value of sales shipped.