Indiana Sales Agent- Job Description
The Indiana sales agent will be responsible to acquire new business accounts in the Public Safety Communications industry, which are not currently doing business with AMK Services, LLC. As well as spending some time following up with current customers.
- Responsible for developing sales in the designated target market(s) by identifying new sales opportunities with prospective customers in the region by premise visits, networking, lead generation, proposal submission, and customer appointments.
- Develop and implement sales plans that provide clearly defined strategies, tactics and timeframes to maximize revenue. Take ownership of the geographic territory designated by management.
- Continually learn and develop knowledge of new technologies and selling points including enhancing expertise in the company's products and solutions.
- Keeping well informed of competitors, sales trends, and new technology or needed products.
- After winning new business, manages customer relationships in order to gain strategic positioning with decision makers, retain existing revenue and obtain additional business
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
- Ability to create customized sales tools for key prospect.
- Understand customers' needs and help them discover how our products meet those needs. Educate and engage customers through product demonstrations.
- Interact with customers in a professional manner and provide prompt and courteous customer service to all customers.
Maintenance and other roles
- Participate in training and / or customer support activities as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Bachelors Degree in business or marketing preferred.
- Moderate, 1-3 year’s industry experience required. Will consider recent graduates.
- Verbal / Nonverbal – Convey easily and quickly any message; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens attentively and seeks clarification; Responds well to questions; Maintain professional nonverbal communication analogous to situation
- Written - Writes clearly and informatively with a high level of sophistication; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret complex written information.
- Presentation - Presents clearly and informatively, easily maintaining audience attention and responding to audience needs; Able to facilitate discussion, progress effectively, and manage audience as needed.
Indeed - 16 months ago
AMK Services' mission is to provide first responders with the most effective communications equipment available. We ensure the safety and...