- Unload tanker loads of liquid plasma, take samples, and clean tanker and related equipment. Operate and fill clotting tanks.
- Operate the ultra-filtration system, adjust valves, monitor gauges, record accurate readings and keep all U/F system equipment in sanitary condition according to USDA regulations.
- Operate micro-filtration equipment, take readings, keep room and equipment in sanitary condition using chemicals (caustics, acids, and sanitizers).
- Operate reverse osmosis machines, monitor gauges, take solids readings, monitor and control lactic acid, clean outside of equipment using chemicals (caustics, acids, and hot water).
- Pump plasma to fractionation room, hook up pipes, adjust valves, operate electrical pumps and clean equipment using chemicals (caustics, acids, sanitizers, and hot water).
- Operate spray dryers, monitor intake and exhaust temperatures, monitor and sample powdered plasma, check operation of spray nozzles, and sweep down dryers.
- Operate bag house, make sure air is on, check on moving parts, and help with removal/ replacement of bags.
- Load product tanks and silos.
- Bag and blend finished powder, weigh samples, seal and palletize product and move pallets.
- Sample product according to established sanitary methods and procedures.
- Perform elementary mechanical and carpentry repairs throughout plant, prepare surfaces for painting, and paint where needed.
- Assist maintenance with wiring/welding projects and repairing/replacing motors and pumps.
- Maintain a clean work area including proper care and storage of tools/equipment.
- Ability to prepare and operate all machinery in plant.
- General knowledge of production/manufacturing methods.
- Ability to read gauges and record data in a legible manner and in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to learn handling of food grade materials in accordance with established sanitary procedures.
- Ability to understand/follow established work procedures, including mandated sanitary and safety guidelines.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions and effectively communicate in writing and orally.
- Ability to operate forklift/pallet jack.
- Ability to work daily shift, overtime as needed, and varying work schedules
- Ability to perform basic math skills
- Ability to move freely throughout plant with sustained physical/mental effort to climb, sample, and clean equipment and work areas
- Ability to troubleshoot malfunction and situations as they arise, notifying appropriate staff of problems beyond scope of normality
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to follow all USDA requirements
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of the job duties and requirements associated with this job, but it is intended to represent an accurate reflection of the current job.