- Unload tanker loads of liquid plasma, take samples, and clean tanker and related equipment. Operate and fill clotting tanks.
- Operate the ultra-filtration system, adjust valves, monitor gauges, record accurate readings and keep all U/F system equipment in sanitary condition according to USDA regulations.
- Operate micro-filtration equipment, take readings, keep room and equipment in sanitary condition using chemicals (caustics, acids, and sanitizers).
- Operate reverse osmosis machines, monitor gauges, take solids readings, monitor and control lactic acid, clean outside of equipment using chemicals (caustics, acids, and hot water).
- Pump plasma to fractionation room, hook up pipes, adjust valves, operate electrical pumps and clean equipment using chemicals (caustics, acids, sanitizers, and hot water).
- Operate spray dryers, monitor intake and exhaust temperatures, monitor and sample powdered plasma, check operation of spray nozzles, and sweep down dryers.
- Operate bag house, make sure air is on, check on moving parts, and help with removal/ replacement of bags.
- Load product tanks and silos.
- Bag and blend finished powder, weigh samples, seal and palletize product and move pallets.
- Sample product according to established sanitary methods and procedures.
- Perform elementary mechanical and carpentry repairs throughout plant, prepare surfaces for painting, and paint where needed.
- Assist maintenance with wiring/welding projects and repairing/replacing motors and pumps.
- Maintain a clean work area including proper care and storage of tools/equipment.
- Ability to prepare and operate all machinery in plant.
- General knowledge of production/manufacturing methods.
- Ability to read gauges and record data in a legible manner and in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to learn handling of food grade materials in accordance with established sanitary procedures.
- Ability to understand/follow established work procedures, including mandated sanitary and safety guidelines.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions and effectively communicate in writing and orally.
- Ability to operate forklift/pallet jack.
- Ability to work daily shift, overtime as needed, and varying work schedules
- Ability to perform basic math skills
- Ability to move freely throughout plant with sustained physical/mental effort to climb, sample, and clean equipment and work areas
- Ability to troubleshoot malfunction and situations as they arise, notifying appropriate staff of problems beyond scope of normality
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to follow all USDA requirements
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of the job duties and requirements associated with this job, but it is intended to represent an accurate reflection of the current job.
Indeed - 16 months ago