APi Construction Company (www.apiconst.com) proudly traces its roots back to 1926. Today APi Construction continues to be a nationally recognized insulation and lagging contractor. Our organization is committed to our employees, and it is no surprise that our long-standing success is built on the teamwork of our workers. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a CAD Design Technician position at our New Brighton, MN location, also the Corporate Headquarters for our parent company, APi Group, Inc.
This position is responsible for producing drawing packages for customer approval and on-site use utilizing CAD system. Packages include standard details, plan views, elevations, and cross sections. The individual in this role must gain knowledge of projects specifications with regard to the insulation requirements and develop and maintain bill of materials for material ordering and shop manufacturing. General knowledge of construction is required. This position will also assist with estimating and preparing proposal packages.
This position spends approximately 60% of the time developing drawing packages, 10% creating and updating bill of materials, 20% estimating and performing material take-off, and 10% of time on miscellaneous activities. Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare drawing packages representing insulation systems.
- Prepare proposal drawings for bid packages.
- Maintain project knowledge with regards to project specifications.
- Develop and maintain bill of materials.
- Produce status drawings.
- Represent concepts and ideas on paper utilizing industry standard drafting techniques.
- Keep organized files on each project.
- Serve as an overflow Estimator/Project Manager as needed.
- Two-year degree in drafting design, construction management or construction related field or equivalent.
- Some construction experience preferred.
- Strong working proficiency of the most current AutoCAD software.
- Ability to handle several tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Proven ability to perform accurate and timely quantitative take-offs.
- Working proficiency of MS Excel and computer skills required.
- Must have exemplary communication skills – oral, written, and presentation.
- Requires highly developed interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including Health & Dental Insurance, 401K Program (including company contribution), ESOP, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Vacations and Holidays, and Educational Opportunities.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the button below and forward your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
No phone calls please.
APi Construction Co. is a division of APi Group, Inc. (www.apigroupinc.com), an energetic organization providing leadership to a diverse family of companies dedicated to delivering innovative solutions to the construction industry.
APi Group and its subsidiary companies are equal opportunity employers and part of the Drug-Free Workplace Act.