APi Construction Company (www.apiconst.com) proudly traces its roots back to 1926. Today APi Construction continues to be a nationally recognized insulation and lagging contractor. Our organization is committed to our employees, and it is no surprise that our long-standing success is built on the teamwork of our workers. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Safety Manager position at our New Brighton, MN location, also the Corporate Headquarters for our parent company, APi Group, Inc. This position reports into the Safety Director.
This visible position is responsible for implementing the company’s health and safety policies in the maintenance and small scope project arena and taking the lead in creating a loss prevention culture in these areas. This leader must identify, eliminate, and control hazardous conditions that may lead to injury and/or property damage using safety standards, best management practices, and analytical techniques with the goal to be the best among our peers and customers in our industry. This position should bring a high level of energy and sense of urgency to the business and purposeful creativity is expected. Approximately 25 -50% travel is required.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Degree in Industrial Health & Safety or equivalent safety related degree with five or more years of safety/risk experience.
- Industrial construction industry experience.
- Approved OSHA 500/501 trainer.
- Professional registration/certification (CSP, ARM, and/or CIH certification preferred)
- Ability to review, analyze and discuss safety/risk information and/or data.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a team; demonstrated leadership skills.
- Effective verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and complex situations.
- Availability to travel 25-50%
Responsibilities will include:
- Setting direction of the company’s Maintenance Services Health and Safety Program. This includes implementing APi Group, Inc. Health and Safety programs and/or company specific programs unique to the business.
- Establishing risk management goals and objectives and incorporating into annual business plan(s).
- Communicating with and involving management with respect to risk management goals, objectives and key performance indicators.
- Exploring, researching, and adapting new products, programs and/or technology that will further enhance the company’s risk management performance.
- Engaging field population in assisting and monitoring loss prevention efforts.
- Developing field leadership through coaching, feedback, and continued training activities to assist in building the skills necessary to execute loss prevention activities.
- Maintaining regulatory compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
- Creating and delivering training opportunities to all levels of employment.
- Performing frequent job site evaluations to determine employee exposure(s) and institute acceptable work practices.
- Investigating losses – inception of loss through building defense strategy.
- Claims management – Workers’ Compensation, General Liability and Auto Liability. Essentially this person is responsible for handling the day-to-day internal claim function.
- Assist management in contract reviews, deciphering contract language, service work orders, purchase orders and negotiating equitable contract terms.
- Monitoring and measuring loss performance.
- Schedules and conducts claim(s) reviews with appropriate management personnel.
- Interacts with company’s insurance carrier, state specific loss control groups and APi Group Risk Management.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including Health & Dental Insurance, 401K Program (including company contribution), ESOP, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Vacations and Holidays, and Educational Opportunities.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click on the button below and forward your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
No phone calls please.
APi Construction Co. is a division of APi Group, Inc. (www.apigroupinc.com), an energetic organization providing leadership to a diverse family of companies dedicated to delivering innovative solutions to the construction industry.
APi Group Inc. and its subsidiary companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer and part of the Drug-Free Workplace Act.