API Technologies Employee Reviews

Productive, fast paced
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 23, 2017
Everything was done in a fast paced manor, you had to stay on top of task or the whole entire production day would be off and it makes for a stressful day
Pros
Paid lunches, good salary, paid holidays
The company is closing
Quality Inspection (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYNovember 17, 2017
Can't really say much about this company because it is closing it's doors in Fairport to go to PA. I worked here for 4 years and am dissapointed that this facility is closing. Very close to where I live for commuting. Will miss the short drive.
Pros
lunch
Cons
depressing place to work, horrible Management
API Technologies
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wesson, MSSeptember 29, 2017
The company merged with another company and then was closed for business. Career advancement was not possible and pay scales where different depending on your gender.
Good place to get some work experience
Rapid Response Assembler (Current Employee) –  Fairview, PAJune 24, 2017
The summary of this review says all that need be said about this small electronics shop in Fairview PA. It is a great place to gain some work experience. There is the benefit of flexible work hours, and weekly earned paid time off.
However, as far as chances for meaningful job advancement, or competitive wages those are unlikely.
Pros
Felxible hours
Cons
Poor wages, bad management, no future
good work environment
- AR Supervisor- (Former Employee) –  Fairview, PAMay 18, 2017
I enjoyed my employment at API Technologies.
The people that I worked with were very professional
the benefits package was good and all employees were very personable.
Productive workplace
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  State College, PAJanuary 27, 2017
Great people to be around. Nobody really bothers you when you are doing your work and keeping up production. I come in on a set time and able to leave at a set time.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Quality lifetime employer
Laser Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Iron Ridge, WIAugust 21, 2016
Fair, safe employer inside metal fabrication production in the area. Employee benefits have been depleted over time.
Aged manufacturing equipment.
Pros
Safety program benefits
Cons
O.T. only after 40 prod. hours physically worked.
Fast paced production
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  State College, PASeptember 8, 2015
Declining business. Expectations of overtime more that occasional. No returning customer orders that are driving a drastic decline in he workforce. Past board members making poor decisions have not allowed growth for the company. No research and development to stay competitive with a selective market.
Pros
overtime
Cons
Poor benifits
Mixed bag but overall pretty good
Adninistration (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MADecember 17, 2014
I worked here for less than a year. Culture was pretty good, people are overworked but who isn't these days. Peter principle is firmly in place for people supervisors. Medical benefits are horrible and expensive. Otherwise, the place seems to be on a good road with good management now in place. Takes a while to recover from poor management and poor leadership through multiple acquisitions.
Pros
Opportunities for people who try hard and know their stuff
Cons
Old technology, medical benefits are expensive and poor
Great Job
Electronic Assembler I (Current Employee) –  Windber, PAApril 23, 2014
Coworkers are great and easy to get along with and the job is very easy but sometimes can be very frustrating due to the size of the parts.
Productive enjoyable work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Windber, PAOctober 3, 2012
Building circuit boards for government contracts enabled me to learn how to soldier, the specifics of operations in the boards and what they are used for. Management was generally supportive and co-workers were always willing to lend a helping hand. Hardest part of the job was waiting for the day you were told you were being laid-off due to company buy-out.
Pros
overtime was always offered
Pretty fun and easy job
Document Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windber, PAJuly 3, 2012
Really nice people to work with. Managers are pretty much hands off and just let you do your job. I liked pretty much all my duties. I learned a lot about Defense Manufacturing and keeping info secured and controlled. The hardest part was learning some new things quickly without much training. I hated when I didn't know the answers to people's questions. The most enjoyable part was I liked meeting all the people and helping them as much as I could. When I first started my days were pretty much all the same work and the same routines but after a year I got to experience a big variety of tasks in my days and learned lots of new things.
Pros
$5 lunches, some free lunches, some leave early days, lots of pto right away, benefits right away
Cons
short lunch, only one break, high co-payments with the insurances, doesn't pay as much as some other places