API Technologies Employee Reviews

Fast paced production
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  State College, PASeptember 8, 2015
Declining business. Expectations of overtime more that occasional. No returning customer orders that are driving a drastic decline in he workforce. Past board members making poor decisions have not allowed growth for the company. No research and development to stay competitive with a selective market.
Pros
overtime
Cons
Poor benifits
Mixed bag but overall pretty good
Adninistration (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MADecember 17, 2014
I worked here for less than a year. Culture was pretty good, people are overworked but who isn't these days. Peter principle is firmly in place for people supervisors. Medical benefits are horrible and expensive. Otherwise, the place seems to be on a good road with good management now in place. Takes a while to recover from poor management and poor leadership through multiple acquisitions.
Pros
Opportunities for people who try hard and know their stuff
Cons
Old technology, medical benefits are expensive and poor
Pretty fun and easy job
Document Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windber, PAJuly 3, 2012
Really nice people to work with. Managers are pretty much hands off and just let you do your job. I liked pretty much all my duties. I learned a lot about Defense Manufacturing and keeping info secured and controlled. The hardest part was learning some new things quickly without much training. I hated when I didn't know the answers to people's questions. The most enjoyable part was I liked meeting all the people and helping them as much as I could. When I first started my days were pretty much all the same work and the same routines but after a year I got to experience a big variety of tasks in my days and learned lots of new things.
Pros
$5 lunches, some free lunches, some leave early days, lots of pto right away, benefits right away
Cons
short lunch, only one break, high co-payments with the insurances, doesn't pay as much as some other places
Productive enjoyable work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Windber, PAOctober 3, 2012
Building circuit boards for government contracts enabled me to learn how to soldier, the specifics of operations in the boards and what they are used for. Management was generally supportive and co-workers were always willing to lend a helping hand. Hardest part of the job was waiting for the day you were told you were being laid-off due to company buy-out.
Pros
overtime was always offered
Great Job
Electronic Assembler I (Current Employee) –  Windber, PAApril 23, 2014
Coworkers are great and easy to get along with and the job is very easy but sometimes can be very frustrating due to the size of the parts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at API Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8