The Art Director is responsible for the development of APMEX communications including but not limited to: Website, Email, Banners, TV and DRTV, CRM, Print, Collateral Materials and Business Stationary. This position will also provide graphic design and art direction subject matter expertise to the company, and help drive results – all in accordance with the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) as may be updated and adjusted from time to time.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- In accordance with the AOP, and in conjunction with the Creative Director and VP of Marketing– design, art direct and update graphics for the website, banners, landing pages, emails, print ads, as well as web and video content.
- Participate in the development of a corporate style guide
- Help design template sets for web/emails/print/sales collateral and corporate materials.
- Collaborate with all members of marketing, sales and technology teams, plus work with outside agencies in the development of advertising, web content, and direct response marketing materials.
- The Art Director will hire, manage, and direct Junior Art Directors and Designers.
- The Art Director will hire, manage, and direct outside vendors such as: Photographers, Production Companies, Web Site and Banner Agencies, as well as Print Production Services.
- Creativity/Innovation – Generates new ideas, challenge the status quo, take risks when appropriate, and solve problems creatively.
- Communication - Requires the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing, share information and ideas with others, while also having excellent listening skills.
- Initiative - Success in this position requires initiative, the ability to tackle problems, generate new ideas, and continually seek to improve their skills.
- Computer Skills - Skilled in the use of computers, adapts to new technology, keeps abreast of changes, learns new programs quickly, and uses computers to improve productivity.
- Dependability - Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, says focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Integrity/Ethics - Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
- Internet Savvy - Makes good use of web tools and on-line industry resources, can implement and manage web projects, has on-line marketing knowledge, aware of industry trends.
- Listening Skills - Listens attentively to others, asks clarifying questions, actively listens, stays open to other viewpoints, and manages distractions and interruptions.
- Organizational Savvy - Operates within the organization’s formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, understands others’ roles and perspectives, can sell projects and ideas across the organization.
- Sense of Urgency - Prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to opportunities, instills urgency in others, and meets deadlines.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of design, typography, photography, and video development are required.
- Deep understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design.
- Basic knowledge of html, web technologies and html
- Basic knowledge of Flash timeline animation, After Effects and Final Cut Pro.
Bachelor’s Degree in Design, or Graphic Arts, or Fine Arts
- Portfolio that demonstrates talent and skill required.
- 3 to 5 years working experience in design related field
- Experienced in direct response driven graphic standards
- Experience in e-commerce and/or consumer retail
Indeed - 8 months ago
As one of the nation’s largest precious metals e-retailers, APMEX strives to deliver quality products, outstanding customer service,...