Gunsmith II/Small Arms Repairman
Camp Atterbury, IN
These positions will provide support maintenance services to satisfy the Pre-Deployment Training Set Equipment (PDTE) operations objectives of the Mobilization Station, Camp Atterbury, IN. The primary objective is to provide repair and maintenance services to Reserve Component tactical equipment to appropriate maintenance standard.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will perform field (unit level and direct support) level maintenance tasks primarily on Army Weapons Systems associated with tactical vehicular and ground support equipment (including wheeled and tracked vehicles) used for pre-deployment training in accordance with equipment technical publications. May work on other equipment as needed.
- Perform detailed assembly and disassembly of foreign and domestic small arms weapons including small arms inspection, maintenance, and minor repairs.
- Will also perform support functions for the shop to include bead blasting and preparing metal parts for refinishing.
- Other support functions include, but are not limited to ammo inventory, and residue turn-in, publication and catalogue updates, tool and capital equipment maintenance, calibration control, weapons cleaning and organizational level weapons maintenance.
- Will accomplish all applicable gauging, diagnostic testing and road testing as prescribed in all appropriate equipment Technical Manuals (TMs), Maintenance Advisory Messages (MAMs), Modification Work Orders (MWOs) and Safety of Use Messages (SOUMs).
- May complete reports, forms and other documentation manually and via computer.
- Minimum 3+ years armament maintenance experience, preferably with the Army.
- Must have a working knowledge of a variety of military weapons systems associated with tactical vehicles.
- Must have working knowledge of the tools (i.e. hammers, punches, files, stones, etc) and gauges needed to perform assigned duties.
- Some knowledge in the operation of gun-smiting machinery such as lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, etc, as well as knowledge of tooling used with those machines is also required.
- Must have knowledge of basic shop safety procedures needed to work in a small arms environment.
- Candidates must have a valid state drivers license and must have, maintain and provide proof of an acceptable driving record.
- Must pass pre-employment requirements.
Work shall be performed in a maintenance shop setting, both indoor and outdoor. Will be subject to a moderate amount of noise and vibration from shop equipment and to a variety of weather conditions. Physical exertion may result from prolonged standing, climbing up and down ladders and scaffolding.
Work will sometimes be accomplished in cramped and awkward positions while installing items and reaching lifting and bending while using hand tools and power tools. May occasionally be required to lift weights exceeding 75 lbs. and will occasional work in confined spaces in close proximity to grease, oil, fuel, lubricants and solvents.
Rate of Pay: $20.53 per hour
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7am to 3:30pm
To apply for this position, please send your resume to FAX 757-499-3972. For more information, please call APT at 1-800-499-6802 or 757-499-6802.
APT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
APT participates in E-Verify.