We are looking for a couple of talented engineers to develop a cloud based platform using technologies such as Play, Kafka, Storm and other great open-source projects. Our language of choice is Scala and/or Java.
What you need for this position:
- Extensive multi-tier server-side experience and understanding of design patterns
- Advanced understanding of Java/XML/Web Services/standards
- Deep understanding of distributed computing, including queues and threads
- Solid experience in SQL and database design (MySQL experience is a plus)
- Hands on experience on database and schema design (RDBMS and NoSql)
What you'll be doing:
- Architect, design, and implement large-scale realtime system and key pieces of company platform backend infrastructure
- Evaluate new technologies and bring relevant new technologies into the company platform
- Work closely with other developers, subject domain experts, and project managers
- Work in flexible hours and deliver under pressure
This position is full time and based out of our Cupertino, CA office. You will work with a team of talented product managers, product designers, and software engineers to deliver a world class product that will "wow" the customers.