Job Title: Driver
Reports To: Distribution Manager
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The driver is responsible for making deliveries to customers on assigned routes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Delivers and sells ice and related products
2. Reconciles inventories to product quantities sold.
3. Delivers exceptional customer service to all of Arctic Glacier’s customers.
4. Operates all models of delivery vehicles in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
5. Ensures neatness and accuracy of all paperwork submitted at end of day.
6. Ensures cleanliness of delivery vehicle (interior and exterior).
7. Maintains professional appearance (ie. hygiene, cleanliness of uniform, etc).
8. Ensure accurate cash counts of cash collected from deliveries.
9. Accountable for cash discrepancies (i.e. cash vs. invoices).
10. Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
Deliveries carried out in a timely manner meeting established timelines.
Maintains cleanliness and neatness of merchandisers during stacking process.
Excellent communication with customers measured through customer feedback.
Consistently communicates all maintenance issues relating to delivery vehicle(s).
Follows all Safety Policies and Procedures while representing Arctic Glacier.
Beginning and ending inventories are accurate compared to daily sales
Regional Admin Support staff
Physically able to carryout job duties (ie. heavy lifting min – 40 lbs)
Ability to operate heavy equipment (ie. truck, pallet jacks)
Ability to operate hand held units
Accurate counting of cash
Basic math skills
Basic knowledge of use of cell phones, pagers
Excellent communication skills - verbal
Positive interaction skills with fellow team members and customers
Able to work well in team and individual environments
Able to work with minimum or no supervision
Patient and persistent
High level of initiative
Strong organizational and time management skills
Ability to work without supervision
Dependable and reliable
High level of professionalism
THIS IS A SEASONAL POSITION THAT WILL RUN BETWEEN EARLY MAY AND LABOR DAY.