Marketing Manager, New York
Argo International, a distributor of motors, drives, controls, pumps and parts, headquartered in the greater New York City area is looking for a Marketing Manager. This position will report directly to the President and CEO.
We are seeking an outstanding professional who will develop and maintain the marketing activities of the company. This position reports to the President & CEO with dotted line responsibility to the Group VP’s.
The professional we seek will possess a proven track record of marketing management, Master’s degree preferred and a combination of at least 10 years of sales marketing management experience. This position requires a person with strong business acumen, (industrial distribution experience preferred), and must have an extensive background in sales, marketing and social media.
- Accomplish marketing objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion program.
- Develop and market the Argo brand throughout the industry, on the corporate website, through trade magazines and the internet.
- Work with IT to optimize the company web site. Tracks and distribute web leads to branches.
- Manage all aspects of tradeshow administration, identification, booth display and content, etc.
- Provide marketing materials to branches including: Line cards, sales PowerPoint’s, etc.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Continue to drive new products, new service offerings and new ideas to enhance customer service and goodwill.
- Work with Finance and IT to develop a plan (and tools) to improve margins and hit rate.
- Conduct market research for new product identification.
- Analyze market data to assist the branches in developing prospecting lists (I/S and O/S).
- Perform special projects as assigned by the President and CEO.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Strong understanding of the following is a must: Marketing Concepts, Positioning, People Management, Territory Management, Competitive Analysis, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Client Relationships, Creative Services, Web Site management.
- A minimum of 10 years of related marketing and business development experience.
- Master’s degree in Marketing or related field is preferred.
- Well-developed analytical skills indicative of an ability to understand the competitive marketplace and opportunities for product differentiation, industrial customer market trends to leverage new product development ideas and to enhance revenues and profitability.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and oral.
- Outstanding computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite as well as Social Media expertise is highly desired.
- Personal qualities which include a focus for continuous improvement, being quality driven, having a high energy level and being collaborative.
- Experience in the Industrial Distribution field is mandatory.
Indeed - 23 months ago
Argo is committed to leverage its global presence and dedicated people, who provide outstanding customer service, market knowledge, and...