- Work with an IT team supporting and troubleshooting Windows Server 2003/2008 and SBS 2008-2011-based IT networks.
- Lead a small team of help desk technicians to maintain process compliance.
- Install and manage VMWare ESX infrastructure.
- Manage daily IT tasks and follow up with engineering manager regarding daily tasks.
- Assist in implementation and management of Exchange-based system infrastructures.
- Knowledge of Cloud based Systems such as Collaboration/Business Social Networks/Managed Exchange.
- Provide phone and onsite support to a variety of specialized business network infrastructures
- Assist with new client network facilities and system audit projects.
- Perform network troubleshooting, diagnose and resolve network problems.
- Management and testing of new software and patches in Lab.
- Responsible for setup of router, firewall, switch, network reporting, and network policies at different client sites.
- Perform technology research in the field of networking as required.
- Assist in creating an ongoing documentation of client network as it evolves.
- Manage monitoring alerts to clients by keeping them informed of all updates and/or changes.
- Recommend changes to policies and procedures pertaining to operation and design of network. Assist in maintaining current IT Standard Operating Procedures for clients.
- Be available for after hour work to provide support, when and as needed.
- Familiar with Medical Device/Pharmaceutical companies environments.
- Have great leadership skills.
- Customer service Extraordinaire with excellent phone skills.
- Must have excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Excellent Documentation Skills.
- Strong sense of professionalism and work ethics.
- Microsoft Certified System Professional, with strong troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Working experience in documenting and preparation of Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Experience with Symantec Backup Exec.
- Working knowledge in managing Firewalls (Cisco, Juniper, Sonicwall), SSL VPNs and Site-to-Site VPNs.
- General understanding and some skills in telecommunications such as adding/relocating phone for end users.
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA/MA, preferably in technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years in IT experience and customer service.
- Certifications (MCITP, ACSP) are highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of ConnectWise PSA Software
- Additional Apple Certifications are highly desired.