Interviewing in Charlotte N.C. / Fort Mill S.C. for a position that will be located in Pittsburgh PA. Possibility of position returning to the Carolinas in the next couple of years.
ASCC Inc. - Cranberry Township, PA
ASCC is a communications integrator located in Cranberry Township, PA. We are seeking technicians to travel to customer sites in Western Pennsylvania. to establish communications systems by installing, operating, and maintaining voice and data telecommunications network circuits and equipment. This individual will be required to interface with existing and prospective customers either alone or in a Sales Engineering support role. Recognize opportunities for Hosted services including, wireless, IP Telephony, Data backup.
Mitel Telephony Experience a Plus
- Associates degree, two (2) year technical degree, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Relevant product and industry knowledge.
- Varied working experience with VoIP telecom systems, data networks in an enterprise environment.
- Strong understanding of networking technologies including; Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)/IP, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP), Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN), Quality of Service (QoS), VoIP, various Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies, MPLS, VMware, etc)
- Design experience with LAN/WAN technologies, VoIP, wireless and PBX Systems
- Must have valid drivers license and good driving record
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at heights to 35'
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to distinguish the full spectrum of colors to work with color coded wiring
- Must pass Act 34 PA Criminal Records check and Act 151 Child Abuse Check
- Must pass drug test
- Must be willing to work in tobacco free environments
Job Description :
- Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables.
- Installs telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, firewalls
- Programs multiple vendor switches, HP/3Com, Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Juniper.
- Provide as built drawings in Viso or Autocad.
- IP protocols TCP, UDP, RTP
- Configure systems and network devices.
- Install, configure and administer a Windows, Windows Server and Linux operating systems.
- Understand and troubleshoot PRI and analog PSTN connections.
- Trace cabling, data, fiber optic multi conductor twisted pair.
- Terminate twisted pair copper on 110 or 66 blocks and copper jacks and connectors.
- Recognize different types of fiber optic cabling.
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
- Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
Indeed - 14 months ago