Do you want to have a role in technology that can impact millions of users? We have a fun collaborative environment that brings out the best in people. And did we mention that we equip you with the latest MacBook Pro, keep our fridge stocked with drinks and snacks, and that we have a 9 hole putting range?
About our Data Specialist Position:
Are you a Data Specialist that wants to work on a bleeding edge Standard Development Kit that will re-define how voice-enabled mobile applications are built? We are building out our Virtual Assistant SDK with a Suggestion Engine that will work in close tandem with our voice-activated natural language processing Engine. Thus, we are looking for team members with dual experience in database programming and statistics/machine learning. Duties of this position range from improving data quality to utilizing and optimizing Machine Learning systems for real-time data retrieval.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, creative in solving problems, works well in a collaborative environment, and can communicate ideas effectively.
- Develop systems using database programming and statistics for optimizing real time search on large data sets.
- Managing analytics projects throughout entire development lifecycle: concept, design, production, testing and release of projects.
- Delivering data solutions optimized within and across industrial verticals and domains.
- Driving innovation and intellectual property through creative application of data analysis expertise to messy problems.
- BS in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or related fields. Concentration in one of Database or Machine Learning; expertise in both is a huge plus.
- 3+ years work experience or equivalent coursework in database administration, data science, or data analysis with work on large real-world datasets.
- Ability to work with big datasets with minimal engineering support.
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up environment.
- Experience with large data sets using statistical or machine learning software (R, SPSS, S-Plus, Matlab, Mahout, or similar) and large databases (SQL).
- Proficiency in one of C, C++, C# or Java.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics and related, or a BS with extensive experience in the field.
- Experience with one or more of these methods: Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Boosting, Neural Networks, Bayesian Belief Networks, Support Vector Machines, Ensemble Methods, Association Rules, Singular Value Decomposition, Principal Component Analysis, Clustering, Latent Dirichlet Allocation.
- Familiarity with one of: Apache Mahout, Weka, RapidMiner, Knime, Orange, SQL Server Analysis Services, OLAP
- Experience in one or more of: Operations Research, Online advertising, search, commerce.
- Experience in forecasting, time-series modeling, and advance logistic regression and/or hierarchical linear regression models.
- Experience in some of these applications: Collaborative Filtering, Personalization, Consumer Segmentation, Text Analytics, Information Retrieval, Search Relevance
Indeed - 17 months ago
Ask Ziggy is a young tech startup based in Rocklin, CA. In December 2011, the CEO Shai Leib developed a "Siri"-like app for...