Part Time Position, about 20 hours a week
Need High School/GED; Certified Medical Assistant
This is a fast-paced medical office environment involving contact and interaction with patients, physicians, and other clinical and clerical personnel. Main focus will be administering allergy injections and Front Desk.
- Service Orientation: Ability to anticipate, recognize, and meet the needs of patients and their families.
- Oral Communication: Able to listen, provide direction, relay information in a professional manner that is appropriate to audience and respond to questions within scope of his/her knowledge.
- Attention to Detail: Able to keep track of patients and activities and provide accurate and succinct charting and messages.
- Interpersonal Skills: Conveys a warm, caring, and approachable demeanor. Displays unconditional respect toward others. Able to sense others feelings and perspectives.
- Team Work: Works effectively with others to accomplish objectives and goals. Offers assistance to others in need.
- Multi-tasking: Able to properly perform multiple duties at once.
- Resilience: Effectively manages stress in a fast-paced setting.
- Procedures: Demonstrates sufficient techniques in performing medical procedures.
Patient and Appointment Preparation:
Checking patients in and out for appointments and shots, Answer phone calls, & Schedule Appointments.
Main focus will be administering allergy injections. Upon request may assist the Provider (Physician, PA, NP) with examinations and minor office procedures.
Assists nurse with pharmacy callbacks after demonstrating an understanding of medications. Performs patient callbacks as instructed by Provider or Nurse. Call patients with lab, x-ray, and other test result, follow up on tests /labs ordered but not received. Answer Phone calls, make appointments, Process Documents
Documents patient information into their EMR record, including current medications, reasons for the visit, and patient vitals. Assures that lab, x-ray, and other test results are placed correctly in the patient record.
Other Duties as Assigned:
Provides office coverage during vacations, absences, and/or breaks and lunches. Cleans, disinfects and/or sterilizes instruments and equipment following safety and OSHA standards.
Education and/or Training Required:
Medical Assistants: High school diploma or GED and completion of accredited Medical One year training in medical office/recent ambulatory care experience preferred but not required.
Certified Medical Assistants: High school diploma or GED and completion of American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) accredited program. Current and active certification through the AAMA or AMT (governing body of the RMA).
Experience is preferred but not necessary.