AT&T | Spring Mobile Employee Reviews

Management is horrible.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNOctober 19, 2017
You can be the top seller in the company, and management will have absolutely no loyalty to you. This place definitely is not a meritocracy. Management is inept, to put it nicely. The money is not worth the headache, as there is not enough money and a whole lot of headache.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Everything else
Not my cup of tea
Retail sales (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 15, 2017
Typical retail. pay structure changes to much and for the worst. To many authorized retailer changes which cause a lot of confusion in pay and tiers for employees. Nothing ever stays the same and you loss money while the company gets rich.
No matter what you do, it's never enough
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Paragould, AROctober 11, 2017
My store manager is amazing! She is the only reason that I've been there as long as I have, but with that being said, I start my new job next week. It doesn't matter if you hit your goals or not, you're always getting "feedback" about something. Even when you exceed your goals, they always want more. I understand you're in business to make money but life is about more than money. The hours are horrible, you never work the same hours week to week. I was an assistant manager and only made $9/hr and let me tell you, that is not enough pay. Especially with all the bs you have to put up with. Wouldn't recommend this job to ANYONE!!
Pros
phone bill discount, accessory discount
Cons
everything else
Good place to begin
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 9, 2017
It is a good place for a high school student or a college kid looking for beer money. If you are a professional in the industry this would be the last place you would want to work at. Pay is low, commission structure is probably the worst in the market and the hours are long and grueling. No work life balance. Best thing about it, maybe the discounts on service and accessories and interacting with so many people.
ever-changing demands
Current member (Former Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 8, 2017
Month to month threats about write-ups if you don't make quotas, even if you do - that quota is likely to change next month. Rule book is written to make you struggle, never exceed.
Income is ALWAYS Much lower than advertised.
Pros
lots of down time if you like napping
Cons
changing quotas
Management can ruin a good employee and also the money
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCOctober 8, 2017
I loved my job and my customers but never had the help I needed, managers never available for help. No work/family balance and upper management was not any better. Base pay was ridiculous and goals even when met was not enough to live on
Benefits
Cons
Management, hours, pay, commission terrible
To make our employees and customers genuinely happy..... what a joke
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZOctober 5, 2017
So the company changes things constantly, training is confusing and not streamline. And as for making their employees happy that’s a laugh. They expect you to sell but yet do training videos rq activities ssw forms and know every deal offered by spring and Att core. And good luck getting a commission unless you hit all goals set and you sell directv.
DIRECT TV is the focus. Not Att services or devices.

On top of that expect to reset passwords constantly, and be put down for not knowing what direction to go with anything. The training process is long fast and not consistent. And if you want to be treated like you don’t matter by the company and your customers this is a great place to be.
Pros
57% off your Att rate plan
Work place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 3, 2017
Worked here for almost 3 years and I have had some decent days but overall management needs to be improved. Turnover rate is high due to cut throat higher ups
Just not what they say it is...
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Benton, KYSeptember 24, 2017
The pay is a straight lie! $45,000 in a sellable area of about 30,000 ppl with other competitors... come on. I made a fourtune as a sales rep. That was untill Springmobile puchased the company i worked for. I was a true top seller in all catagories but thanks to their horrible pay structure and minmum wage hourly pay i lost somr months over $1000. To the point that i could pay my house payment and was forced to make a change.
Pros
Discount training while a lot is good.
Cons
Minimum wage. Poor commission structure. Terrible sales structure.
Educational
Entertainment Consultant/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 24, 2017
The management lacked compassion and communication skills. There was not a professional balance between the care for numbers and the care for an employees well-being.
Other than that, I enjoyed the job
Pros
Scheduling, education
Cons
management
Great job if you LOVE sales and always want to be on your toes
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, ILSeptember 20, 2017
If you're great at selling you'll love this job. My only concern with this career is that you serve two masters, AT&T and Gamestop. Commission is always changing based upon what AT&T is willing to payout. You can tell that your boss' boss is feeling stress from upper-management and it definitely trickles down to the reps. You're do occasionally get pulled from your home life to meet at rallies with your coworkers. This Job is great for those who don't have hobbies or don't have family.
Pros
Commission, Great Benefits, Discounts, Work Environment
Cons
Inconsistent hours, Stressful, slow months
Great starting point for sales
Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 18, 2017
This company will provide you with basic skills in the sales industry. Nothing more. The upper management of spring is lacking at best, the growth of the company happened at an exponential rate and now the company is left with shifting targets for commission, ridiculous turnover, and an inability to keep quality employees to represent their company. The "benefits" are nothing more than what the laws require, don't be fooled. The only extra perks they offer are 401(k) matching (a total of 4% from them) and paid time off. Also, the number of meetings and constant viewing of emailed reports is insane!
Pros
Paid time off, 401k
Cons
Excessive hours, high turn over, poor mamagement
Do not recommend
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 17, 2017
Upper management does not care who is better qualified, good ol boy system. Compensation is a joke. You are told you will get paid so much, but do t be fooled you are payed minimum wage then when they decide to randomly change to unattainable goals you will make a 200 commission check.
Pros
40 hr a week
Cons
Pay, no advancement if your not kissing ...
Poorly ran Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 17, 2017
The hourly pay is extremely low for everything that you have to do during the day. The goals are unattainable. Communication is poor with the upper management (DM, RM, and so forth).
The turnover rate at the stores is high. Store Managers have trouble keeping good teams. Commission checks are low. If you still live with your parents, this job might be the one for you.
Pros
Discount on Cell Phone Service
Cons
Pay, Hours, Poor upper management
Fun environment fast paced
Business Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North Riverside, ILSeptember 13, 2017
I really like the company. It’s a fast paced and good environment to be in. Customers will be customers so you just need to make sure you have that great customer service to flip a frown upside down.
Great Cultute
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Bluff, ILSeptember 11, 2017
The company has great culture that is really beneficial for those looking to get into Retail. Spring shows how working as a unit or family can help create stronger bonds with other employees and customers.
Work work work
Sales (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 7, 2017
EXTREMELY CUT THROAT! They go around toting their "pledge" like its a cult, seriously this company operates like its 1970 and thinks that cold calling is the answer to everything in order to increase their revenues.
Pros
For my division its Monday through Friday so that's a plus
Cons
long hours, poor PTO, low wages
Fast paced
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  SCAugust 31, 2017
With transitioning to Spring Mobile, my pay dropped at the minimum, $500/month. Their motto is "protect the family" but they only protect their pockets. Had several problems/complaints about my DM to the HR Dept and nothing was done. Lack of communication with employees as well.
Spring Mobile isn't worth your time for the little you get paid
Bam (Former Employee) –  MissouriAugust 29, 2017
Spring mobile doesn't care for its employees. After they hired me they didn't do one interview until I gave my two weeks because they didn't see a problem with one person and a manager running the store. Spring Mobile claims they give you the "tools to succeed", that's BS, you have to bull through sales and act like you know what you're doing. The training is all online and if you don't keep up with classes they deduct what little commission you get. How can you keep up with classes when you're busy by yourself? If you're a BAM, might as well call yourself a scum sales associate. They leave you by yourself after a couple weeks of training and a store full of people waiting nonstop, you can't even go to the bathroom or eat when you have to serve people for 10-12 straight hours. If the place got robbed they'd still leave you by yourself and not offer anything until you found out what you're supposed to get. Manager got two stars just because she was nice and helped when people were nearby after that it's cut throat, the manager will take your dtv sale after you asked for help or ring in CRU(business lines) under their name when you're the business assistant manager and supposed to ring those up. Empty promises along with low ball commission. District manager is ok but don't ask him how to do anything he's in that position to be a dick and run orders but that's it. In the end every one here is greedy and all about themselves and money hungry.
Pros
Cons
very little pay and commission, no lunch breaks or bathroom breaks, by yourself a lot with little training and help.
Poor management
Assistant Manager Retail (Current Employee) –  Kitty Hawk, NCAugust 27, 2017
Even cooperate has management issues company fires store managers and district managers without replacement and leaves employees with no help for months
Pros
In store accessory discount
Cons
Commission structure is ridiculous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T | Spring Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7