AT&T
5,535 reviews

AT&T Employer Reviews

Great company good benefits
Wire Technician (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJanuary 23, 2015
Was a great company I just was going through some family issues at the time that I resigned. They weren't understanding of that so I had to resign.
AWESOME Company
Credit and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Cerritos, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits, salary
I started years ago working for them, when they were Pacific Bell. It was nice that they reimbursed me for my college expenses. The nice part about this company is that it has always been the company I could rely on. I have worked for Pacific Bell, Pacific Telephone and AT&T. My biggest regret is working for other companies. If I would have stayed with them from the beginning to this date, I would have had over 30 years with the company. In fact the Director of my previous position started working for AT&T as a customer service representative years ago.
So many opportunity within
Sales Lead Consultant (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Extremely stressful job but very well paid and you are rewarded for pretty much every goal you reach. A lot of reason to be motivated to work there.
Productive, very demanding workplace
MicroStrategy Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2015
AT&T is a huge company, with teams spread across the country. You may never meet your some of your coworkers in person. Sometimes chaotic, very shaky middle management, demanding Leadership are some adjectives to describe the workplace. Nevertheless, you get to meet great people and a very relaxed work culture are reasons to choose to work here.
High Paced
(WavSys) Project Manager (Current Employee), LAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: no free lunch
Great people.
Good management
Always new Technology to learn
Time line pressures meeting POE's
Team relationship
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Care customer issue, Phone sale and accessories, take payments,
re-stock shelves, customer fallow up.

Learned about product, sale technique, customer service

Management they are be involve in help us to achieve are goal, training.

Co-worker environment are good we help each other with customer service and sales.

The hardest part, We are too many salesman in the sale floor at same time make harder to achieve our goal.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship we have as a team and the benefit and compensation.
Excitig but flawless place to workj.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: high pay, ot
Cons: scheduling
Was a very exciting happy place to work until it came to balancing life. Family emergency could help loose your job due to the strict availability policy.
Good place to work, but poorly managed
Outside Plant Technician (Former Employee), Anniston, ALJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good working environment, good work life balance.
Cons: layoffs are common, workers get discouraged from lack of upper management leadership.
The work reporting system left much to be desired as it was easy to manipulate and most workers could get away with not doing very much work if they knew how to manipulate the system. The work environment was very safe, the project managers were very good, but I heard there were a few that could be hard to work with. My observations were that AT&T is very wasteful with their money and didn't care much for their customers. They tended to overspend a LOT on projects and that could have been easily avoided. If they don't correct their ways soon I see them going bankrupt or the victim of yet another government "bail out."
Want ethical sales, but provide unethical interviews.
Customer Sales and Service Rep (Current Employee), Cerritos, CAJanuary 21, 2015
I interviewed for a customer service position, was told light sales. turns out to be a complete sales job, and if your not good at sales, will get fired within a couple of months. So if you want to go on unemployement after 4-6 months of being there, this is the place for you...if you want a sales position apply.
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bedminster, NJJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: flexibility when needed
Cons: many changes over the years movement not as accessible.
Very diverse work environment, work schedule flexible to meet personal needs.
Awesome Company
DISTRICT STAFF CLERK (Former Employee), CAJanuary 21, 2015
Very good place to work and grow in your career. I enjoyed my 30 years at the company.
good start for someone in 20's or 30's
Premise Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2015
you know when your day starts but never know when it may end. You don't get to leave until they release you. Not a real positive place. Continually reminded about what can get you fired.
AT&T Sales Representative
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), San Diego Ca.January 21, 2015
Pros: livable wage and benefits
Cons: mangements unrealistic expectations of sales and service within time allotted
In an AT&T's call center culture one must forage through multiple tasking in databases, oral communication and product knowledge. This constant changing, diverse field of telecommunications brings an extreme competitive culture that challenges even the brightest and adept individual. Attention to schedule, time on calls and sales is the most challenging balance. The hardest part is applying sales and customer satisfaction goals in unrealistic allotted time frame. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team environment, learning new systems, and cutting edge products while receiving quality compensation and benefits.
Outtstanding
Lead IT Program Manager - LAN\WAN Transformation (Current Employee), Richardson, TexasJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good experience
Cons: more opportunity
This was a great experience, and I am very thankful for the opportunity.
worked on various Telephone systems and voice mail sytems
Telecom Tech (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: was able to do my job with out some one looking over my shoulder
Cons: would have liked to been able to work at more locations
Very good place to work
was an on site Tech most of my time at AT&T
installation tech
Premise Technician (Former Employee), Spring, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: no direct supervison, go at own pace
Cons: working in extreme weather
A typical work day started with a moringing meeting, after that we got in the work trucks and dispatched on jobs. We did installtions of internet, land line phone/VoIP and television. Also the repair of the service. So the jobs that was sent was random they could be a repair or an install. The jobs on a daily would end when all the jobs in the pool are cleared.
Solid job where you need to sell the experience of wireless, instead of just phones.
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: 401k, health insurance, long breaks, commission
Cons: sales goals
A typical day includes greeting customers and controlling the sale. Find the customer's needs and make sure you meet those needs. However, you also need to sell more than just phones. Sell the accessories, insurance, television, home security.

I've learned to deal with customers and handle their experiences and needs.

The co-workers usually work with you to help make sales and want you to do well.

The hardest part of the job is making goals every month.
Nice people and team work.
Statistician (Former Employee), Middletown, NJJanuary 21, 2015
Currently AT&T is and becoming a very good high tech and service company. Because mobility internet is a great technique evolution. AT&T can combine home phone, internet, smart wireless phone and TV as bundle service to compete with any telephone or cable company by sending signal to their territory. There are great opportunity to do marketing models.

But these works need to be well organized within certain period.
I hate this place
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: leaving
Cons: everything
I've read some reviews of this horrible place, and the ones that are all positive and great must be put up by some AT&T higher ups because no one I know who is not a manager absolutely hates it there. Heck, my manager hates it there. I never know what's going to be allowed or not allowed. Keeping your metrics right really interferes with helping the customer. I literally hung up on customers to keep my Average Handle Time low and it worked! My manager has told me to get customers off the phone if they've been on the phone for more than 10 minutes and tell them I'm doing research. Really, I'm either taking another call or taking a break. The head boss out there needs some toilet paper because he is full of it. My coworkers and I dream of quitting when we take our smoke breaks. And they look for any reason to fire you. Once you get disciplined once it's game over, because they'll look back in your records from a month ago before you even knew something wasn't allowed or something you agreed to fix before it was originally brought up. For example, I missed a call back because the callback tracker didn't remind me and I got a wrote up for it. The next week I they found out I missed a callback from a month prior and I got suspended for that. I hate this place and that's still not even the half of it. If you are desperate for work and are willing to be treated like less of a person then this might be the place for you. Otherwise avoid at all cost because it will be the worst experience of your life.
very fast paced and fun to work to do
sales representative (Former Employee), Jennings, LAJanuary 21, 2015
I posted payments for customers. assisted them with all cellular questions and problems. I did insurance claims for lost or stolen phones. I solicited sales for the office.

1 2 3 4 5

About AT&T

At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great – Read more