AT&T Employee Reviews in United States

Found 13,160 reviews matching the search
Productive work invironment.
Customer Care Representative/Manager Relief (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 29, 2016
Enjoyed my employment. We keep busy and never a dull moment. I enjoyed working with my team and managers. The hardest part of the job was not being able to spend the time needed for our senior customers to fully understand their bills and new phones.
Great company to work for with great salary and benefits.
Billingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2016
At&T was a great company to work for. I learned a lot of customer service skills that would benefit me in all of my future jobs. The management team was first rate and my co-workers were great to work with. I made many great friends who have become like family members. The hardest part of the job was meeting sales goals and metrics.
Pros
Great work environment with great pay and benefits
Cons
Surplus of agents and constant change.
Room for advancement
Certified Instructor-Trainer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 29, 2016
AT&T is a great company to work for and to partner with, I have learned a lot working for this company such as: stability, dedication and committee. Being a Trainer, they groomed me to handle great pressure while supervising and managing responsibilities in a timely manner. I enjoy working here because I am able to meet a lot of people. One of the hardest thing that I had to encounter was to get adjust to the switch shifts, but with the help of my manager, co-workers and family it was easy for me to adjust.
Pros
I was able to set my own breaks and lunches
Cons
being flexible
Productive and Fun
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAAugust 29, 2016
As long as you follow the policies and guidelines you will thrive at AT&T. They believe in promoting within and take interest in new talent and feedback.
Tough, Stressful, Rewarding, work.
Premises Technician (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 29, 2016
The work is not meant for everyone but those who don't mind sweating and are equip with a good work ethic will find this job very rewarding. 90% of the time you are out on your own working with the customer to bring them the best services possible. Because you are are alone in the field self reliance is mandatory. If you don't put in all that you can to learn the system and do your research on the services you can expect to have more bad days than good.
Pros
you get out of the job what you put into it, problem solving skills, new technology, customer relations
Cons
lack of management opportunity, union management conflict leaved the technician as an example, long hours, physical stress
Fun but affective teamwork to meet store goals
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXAugust 29, 2016
Working at the grapevine mills mall taught me more about sales than any class could. This was a flagship store and if you wanted to stay you had to learn how to sell. The manager and assistant manager were the biggest help, the way they taught how to sell was extraordinary. Even on a slow traffic day, with the skills they taught me, we met our day to day goals.
Bell South No more
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 29, 2016
Before the merger of the Bell South and AT&T telecom group...Bellsouth was a great family oriented place to work. After it became AT&T if started to lose it's soul and became very corporate. Meaning the customer service definitely took a back seat. And although AT&T is a big company with great benefits...they are definitely not a Job/Life place to work. Overtime is mandatory and the management is known for being sometimes unqualified and very unprofessional.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Bad Leadership
Good company to work here
Test Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 28, 2016
Work culture is good, Management is good. Chances of learning new things is high. We get good appreciations for good work. I recommend one of the good companies to work here.
Challenging work environment
Senior Manager - Sales Systems & Applications (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 28, 2016
The company is in transition causing multiple changes. Some changes are successful and many are a work in progress. The outcome is yet to be seen however the company is solid and will come out leaner.
Great pay, terrible company
RETAIL SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDAugust 28, 2016
Management isn't steady. If you aren't "buddy, buddy" with the higher ups, kiss your job or any idea of advancement, goodbye.
Pros
Pay
The best job I've had
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILAugust 28, 2016
AT&T is the best job I have had. Compensation is good, management is good and the benefits are great. If you're looking for retail, you have to be able to sell to people.
it was great
Performance Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NJAugust 27, 2016
The work experience was beautiful, the company was vibrant and the knowledge I learnt was inspiring. I got the opportunity to interact with many great technological experts who gave me insight of how various Network elements work. Also, working at AT&T labs I had a chance to better understand the various difficulties faced in real time. I hope this would later prove to be a great learning curve in my professional career and would help me to excel. It also helped me in gaining knowledge in latest technologies in the networking industry. On the whole, this summer internship gave me confidence that I will be able to meet the requirements of industry standards.
Not always on point
Manager Planning and Engineering/ Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 27, 2016
Toward the end of my career, technology was changing it seemed faster than upper level management could come up with a plan to use it. It became more of a "get a bigger hammer" approach in which customers were more up to date on new services before the employees of the company. The executive level had "BIG PICTURE" plans, and didn't always have that plan come down the pipe for employees. Some employees were swamped with work, and others looked at Facebook all day. Middle management had no concern about the distribution of work as long as SOMEONE did it.
In my office it was very much WHO you knew or were related to that determined if you got raises or promotions.
None cares about management employees
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYAugust 27, 2016
The sales reps have the Union to back them on any HR issues or other work related issues. The management, not so much. The ASM team gets away with everything and coddled by the Area Manager, all while the store manager gets dumped on. They cannot keep store managers longer than 6 months and its a wonder why? HR, who says that they are there to help, does not. They are rude and nasty to store manager and only see things as one sided. Terrible company to work for!!!
Good benefits and advancement opportunities
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Howell, MIAugust 26, 2016
I learned a lot of sales skills in a very high paced high performance company. It was a lot of fun over the last two years and now I am looking to use those skills in a similar workplace with a little more autonomy.
Pros
Learn a lot and great company benefits
Cons
Micromanaged too much
Teamwork
Project Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 26, 2016
My main responsibility at AT&T was the implantation of Wide Area Networks for Tier 1 customers. Ensuring all proper change controls where in place, documentation completed, equipment ordered and resources lined up. I learned early on just because the customer said the equipment arrived doesn't necessarily mean all the equipment arrived. I started implementing procedures to ensure every piece to equipment arrived and it was the proper equipment. My co-workers were tight knit group, always available to help one another if issues became a problem. I believe that's is what made us a successful team because it was a team environment that was driven by our management. The most difficult part of the job was having equipment failures or circuit issues that couldn't be solved in the allotted time frames hence we would back out and restore to original state. the most enjoyable part of the job was the freindships that came out of that stressful environment. Still to this day we have a get together once a year, I think that speaks volumes.
Pros
good co worker relationships
Cons
uncertainty of job security
great
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 26, 2016
a great place to work very stable work invornment and everyone there was ok and helpful but you must be product knowledgeable
Pros
great breaks
Great Job
Home Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILAugust 26, 2016
For an inbound telesales job it paid very well. They are very strict with attendance however if you show up on time and when you are supposed to then it is not an issue.
Good Company
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 26, 2016
Company is very good if you know how to sell (I was on the retail side). You will make good money if you hustle. The company takes care of their best.
Pros
company perks and benefits
Cons
hard to move up
At&t
Marketing Manager, Employee Benefits Program (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2016
A tough, challenging first role that has taught me a lot in 5 years with the company. That said, benefits and job security aside, AT&T very much struggles with corporate politics and job advancement/career development.