AT&T Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,493 reviews matching the search
Excellent corporation with benefits and great people
CSR4 Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMarch 26, 2016
Although I left due to lack of advancement potential, this in no way should detract from working for DIRECTV. It was a BIG small company and felt like it. They were family and community minded and truly cared for the customer. I can't speak for all call centers or managers company-wide but the culture was in place for excellence at all levels. Highly recommend it as a great place to work.

Call center work is difficult at best, but every accommodation is made to help employees feel valued, safe and comfortable. Co-workers were the best I've ever worked with, and supportive.

If you enjoy helping customers this is a great place with tools to support you.

I left right after the AT&T merger, so I can't vouch for current conditions, other than my coworkers continuing to work there.
Pros
Healthcare, flexible shifts and other benefits, coworkers
Cons
pay (higher than most for the area, but still low overall), management change-over and some favortism
Smart people, interesting projects
Sr Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 19, 2016
I worked at DIRECTV before the AT&T merger, so some of my experiences may no longer apply. Your satisfaction will depend on your department and your direct manager. I had both fabulous and mediocre. Great managers give you lots of career development and push you to do things out of your comfort zone - but are still there to back you up if you need it. Other managers just have you do the same thing day-after-day. They had re-orgs almost yearly. If you survive a re-org, your desk tends to move. Some employees moved yearly. Be friendly and learn about other's roles in other departments, this will help you seek other opportunities and you can climb the corporate ladder. I watched one manager skyrocket to Vice President in 5 years. Others languished in the same non-management role for decades. Good salary and benefits. I learned a lot of new skills and confidence in my work!
Pros
Fun Corporate events, bonuses
Cons
Many re-orgs, not a great work/life balance.
Uverse Technician
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 4, 2016
Very stressful job environment. From the get go they wanted you to be literally running out the door in 15 mins. Management harass everyone to the point of the day you lose your job, you're thankful. If you get injured, forget it. Theyll do whatever necessary to not pay. Numbers game get played hard, management is not there to help, but to fire you. Since we had to drive their trucks, every little incident becomes your fault and you get suspended, even if someone rear ends you while you're stopped at a red light. Pay wasn't so good either, at max $20 something an hour you would grow a head full of white hair. Union is not gonna do much once the chopping block comes to your head, shall I continue?.. good luck.
Pros
Good benefits (do not injure yourself)
Cons
Long hours, worst management ever, corporate culture sucks.
Loud Workplace
Direct TV Sales Agent, Synchronoss (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 28, 2016
Working there was a fight to keep the job. Management had many issues with lower leveled workers. Most co-workers on the same level, was fairly friendly, but when it came to supervisors, seniors, and Team Leads; there was a lack of consistency. The hardest part of the job was trying to maintain the job. Due to the fact management was always looking to fire people based off of personal issue, rather than business. Too many workers in the job was either falsely excused, or fired due to outside personal issues. The job was not completely horrible due to the few peers who are consistent and trying to help the company.
Pros
Weekly Pay, Medical Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, Staff Issue, Scheduling Issues
Very competitive, you must be able to work alone and be very responsible and on top of your game. Must be available 24 hrs a day, as a System Tech.
System Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day non stop your are working from the time you get in till
you get off and the OT.
I learn so much and went to numerous school to advance my skills to
be up to the Telecommunication Standards or better.
The manager I had were all good and I had good communication with
them.
Co workers were great and everyone of them were very competitive
and sharp and skillful.
The most enjoyable part was the firs 30 minutes and last 30 minutes
of the work day, the comparative among the crew was full of laughter
fun, you had to have a tough skin.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, bonuses, 401k, good vacation
Cons
Short lunch, Micromanagement, stressful at times
I found AT&T to be a good company to work for.
Cyber Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAMarch 3, 2016
I was a Cyber Sales Representative prior to leaving AT&T. I loved the job and I only left because my position was moved to Jacksonville, FL.

It was a wonderful place to work. I was in a fast-paced, highly competitive, sales position. The most enjoyable part of the job was consulting with new business owners and assisting them with the promotion of their companies.

I had great co-workers and the management team was helpful and professional. There was nothing hard about the job. There were times when directories were about to go to print and we had to push to get our customers information verified and updated by a specific deadline.
Advancement is tough/ work/life balance needed
Area Manager Contracting and Sourcing (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCMarch 7, 2016
Since I Left I heard that work -life balance is improving from the top down. Compensation was good for the area I was in. Hardest part is getting buy in on new ideas and management methods. Most of the people you work with are 1st class people as for as peers and support. Middle management needs some work but Upper management were dead on most of the time. You will do a lot to CYA but if you cover your boss raises are good if they don't get blindsided during the year.
Pros
Most employees are helpful and a delight to work with
Cons
healthcae has went down over my 23 years / cost gone up
YP.com / At&t
ADVERTISING & MARKETING SALES EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  CoronaJanuary 14, 2016
This is one of the best companies I have worked for in my working career. The management and atmosphere made it a fun and rewarding job allowed me to help hundreds of clients.

My typical work day was cold calling new prospects and handling and renewing current clients and upselling new programs to increase exposure in the market space their business was in.

I was given lots of hands on sales training to help me build product knowledge to sell our suite of products we offer to new and existing clients.

One of the hardest challenges that we have as print and internet sales professionals is buyers paradigms on product performance and the belief that advertising wasn't needed or they solely relied on referrals.

The best part of the job was being rewarded and recognized for performance by management and my piers.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
none I can think of
Life at AT&T
Electronic Technician III (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 6, 2016
AT&T is a great company thanks to the UNION and the outstanding benefits it negotiates on behalf of its members.The salary is great.ATT does not offer real opportunities for its non management employees to advance through the ranks unless you get a recommendation from upper management.Very diverse culturally.A 4 year degree, even a Master degree mean nothing when it comes to promotion or bidding on jobs outside of your group or department.
Pros
Culturally diverse
Cons
No promotion to certain people unless your boss or someone higher up recommend you for promotion
Great Job to work for, more along the lines of a Career
Customer Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 14, 2016
This company was a great employment opportunity, a typical day at work looked like, going into work seeing many smiling hard working people. Very relaxed yet serious environment, like working with your everyday family. Easy to advance, and easy to speak with co-workers and with management. Very flexible with work schedule, with providing overtime and going part time. Also will pay for your schooling, if it will lead to improvement on the job. The hardest part of the job, was the Irate customers, but the most enjoyable part of the job is getting the customer the solution needed, and getting them happy and calm with the company again.
Pros
Free Directv, Take very good care of the representatives, Health/Dental/Eye Care availble with company after first 30 days! EASY to advance/pay raise.
Cons
Attandance policy can be difficult for some to handle (pretty strict)
Working like a work horse
Advanced Tech Support, Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KYJanuary 25, 2016
This was the best paying call center job that I have ever have. I was able to get a raise 3 times in a month in the last year.
Health benefits & company discounts for cell phone service & Directv is a plus.
But poor management is center & company wide. For such a world wide company,such a simple task of forecasting call volume & staffing scheduling is so poorly managed. I never felt like I was working for a corporate company. Employees up to the management level don't act very business like. I wish I can say that it's just this center but other workers in other centers are complaining about the same thing.
Forget about advancing to any good position. You may have to wait 10 years to get tenure to get into a management position that you can be secure in.
I've worked in call centers before, but this has the cheapest. It seems like any center appreciation is coming out of their pockets.
Pros
Company Discounts, Pay, Healthcare
Cons
Treated like a number
Quality Customer Service driven company
Carrier Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedminster, NJJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day at my position begins with reviewing the previous days rejects and correcting the issues surrounding them to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. I am quality driven and I pay close attention to minor "details" as they can be the clue that can lead to the resolution.
My career with AT&T has taught me many skills from Problem assessment, problem solving and Decision making, Managing people, effective communications, time management, to software skills to patience.
The hardest part of the job I have today is communicating with Foreign Carriers and helping them understand the idiosyncracies of the new Billing Application and assisting them in producing a product that can be utilized by the system.
The comraderie and teamwork - the Team I currently work with are great people and they are always willing to help.
Pros
Benefits, training
AT&T which was previously Southwestern Bell was a great place to work.
Senior Records Clerk-Installation and Repair (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 19, 2016
Because the communications industry changed, there were many job movements during my career. My typical day would start at 8am and end at 5pm. I would answer phones as needed for Management and/or pertinent to my job, input data and do general clerical work. They sent me for training many times for different computer programs.

Our Management team wanted us to be involved in our jobs and made us feel that we contributed to the overall success. Oddly, the hardest part of the job could at times be the most enjoyable as the need to be flexible would put me in different departments learning new things.
Pros
Good benefits
Great career opportunity with excellent benefits but not a great balance between work and personal life.
Wire Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 30, 2015
AT&T is a great place for employment if you are looking for a career with benefits and compensation. I see it suitable for someone who is single with not a lot of family. The balance between work life and home life is not good. AT&T's executives express little interest in trying to satisfy their employee's personal life. A few things I did not like about the Wire Technician position was that you never had a set schedule; you worked day to day and you never had a clue as to when you would be getting off work. As a parent that made it really hard to make plans or to pick up my child. Though the schedule was difficult to work with, the work environment and scope of work was pretty great. As a technician, I was out driving by myself all day which was nice, and I got to interact with customers. I enjoy working with customers and not being inside in one spot all day. The freedom of the job was really great.
Excellent Employee Compensation Plan
Human Resources Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento County, CADecember 16, 2015
AT&T has a very competitive compensation plan for its employees whether bargain for or non bargained for. Since 1999 AT&T has provided easy access to employees from home or any device that has internet. Employees are able to view, update, and change benefits. The Associate Directors of numerous organizations are equipped with ipads and mobile devices that allow them to stay connected when not in the office so they can stay abreast of company changes and subordinates are secure knowing they can reach their managers at any time. Working for the company on and off for 16 years, I can say first hand, hand downs this is the best company to work for.
Pros
paid training, fun environment, education reimbursement, compensation, benefits, flexibility, job security
Cons
have to be a person who can manage time effectively
Great Ideas, Horrible Execution
RETAIL SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 15, 2016
While I love technology and everything about it. Working for AT&T was not my favorite job. Demanding hours even at part time and stressful conditions caused over 13 employees from the store I worked at to either move, or find positions with other companies within a year time frame.

Many employees started having mental issues with anxiety, depression, etc.

One example, as being a employee who maintained top 10% status in the company for 6 consecutive months, I was still threatened with termination and reprimands.

They do not cater well to those with medical situations either. We had someone go to the ER in an ambulance from the store and was not given grace for those absence days even though he was wheeled out on a stretcher.

They claim to want to assist you in getting wellness and promote healthy lifestyles, yet do not include it in your benefits.

They expect you to retrain at any point in time and expect you to pay for it and do it on your own time.

I would not ever go back to work for AT&T
Pros
Competitive pay, pay raises, union
Cons
Demanding environment, do not care about employees
Working for AT&T
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2016
AT&T is a fast paced company with chances for advancement and increase in wages. Paid holidays and great amounts of paid vacation time as well as several company holidays. The management showed an open door policy as well as encouragement to each employee.
Co-Workers were always helpful and shared tips and shortcuts for an easier work experience. The hardest part of the job was leaving to accept and advancement to another department. The best part was the family like feeling felt from the co-workers.
Pros
Wages, Benefits, Paid Vacation time and Paid Holidays
Cons
Leaving to accept a job advancement
Working together to benefit life and the company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSMarch 24, 2016
This was an excellent place to work. Managers worked together to assure we all was on the same page/consistency. If you were out on vacation, they believed in being on vacation, other managers would ensure your reps know the changing of policy or procedures to ensure they are top performers. Before we moved on to another project we ensure all the reps were trained and if they had any questions we (manager) would answer with the same answer-again consistency and all on the same page. We had fun at all times as well as was the top center in the the organization every year.
Pros
Benefits, pay, co-workers, teammates, work life balance, education, time for success and learn, opportunity, moving up for different position
Cons
Short breaks at time
Well maintained business with high end results
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 11, 2015
High level of sales
Face to face customer interactions
Peer to peer/ Manager to rep coaching
Leadership development

Patience and dedication is needed on a day to day basis in order achieve maximum performance with sales and customer experience.

The hardest part of my job would be learning that I cant control everything all at one time. Having this knowledge has aloud me to use time management as well as train and educate my staff to be self sufficient as well as take on other roles in the business.

The most enjoyable part of my job is leading my team to new and exciting levels of our careers. My main goal is to inspire and motivate and drive my staff to the next level. This is not only for the company, but for me as a person to know that I have been apart of helping someone achieve their goals.
Pros
leadership/training on a daily basis, learning new technology, working with people
Cons
Work life balance
Reputable Company
Manager-Quality/M&P/Process (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 14, 2015
Working at AT&T Mobility was the highlight of my career and I thoroughly enjoyed my positions, working with my co-workers and the corporate culture.

AT&T Managers were very understanding and assisted me in upgrading my skills until I reached Management level (which was my most reccent position).

AT&T's Telecommunicating program is the absolute best. I worked remotely for almost three (3) years which contributed to my work/life balance.

The recent surplus attributed to my layoff.
Pros
Diversity and Inclusion
Cons
lack of parking