AT&T Employee Reviews

Ok place
Premises Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2018
The direct managers and coworkers are great great pay union but overall the cow is worthless should be sent packing he is nothing but a megalomaniac in a cheap suit
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Company does not care about you
Na
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2018
This is a good company to start out a new career with if you are coming out of high school. The opportunity AT&T gives for the new generation is fantastic for them to learn about the wireless industry.
Good place to work if you get the right manager
Senior Telepresence Engineer (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NJJanuary 15, 2018
There are still a lot of old timers at AT&T and they don't always make the best managers, many do not understand the way the technology of today works and the pace things need to get done is the slow pace of the past.
benefits
Cons
Culture, some managers, pace of enovation sometimes is slow.
good
Sales man (Current Employee) –  Buckeye, AZJanuary 15, 2018
pay was ok but the management was great as you moved up the chain of command it started becoming favorite based when they would think of promoting and they mainly outsourced for managers so you don't even get a chance to me moved up.
Great career opportunities.
Southwestern Bell/AT&T System Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 15, 2018
I have had a long and prosperous career with AT&T. After many years I decided to accept early retirement to pursue other interest and career objectives. It was a great place to work and provided me the tools needed to move on in life.
Stressful
Assistant Manager Retail (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 15, 2018
No, highly stressful.
No growth after some positions if not move to USA
No recommended
No open doors policy
No management stressful free culture
No leadership
Benefits
Supervisers
Premises Technician (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 15, 2018
Supervisors are terrible and schedule sucks. Its all different depending on which union you are in. Hard to get what you need to help the customer because you have no support from anyone.
good
Retail Salesman (Former Employee) –  North Bend, ORJanuary 15, 2018
They are good. Busy days. Everyone was nice. I learned the system. I really enjoyed every part of the job. Customers were nice. It wasn't too difficult.
yea
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Okay, call center job. So, it was better than other call center positions. Had it's limitations in what tools we had to assist customer with. Many outsourced and contracted so there are different ways each call center conducts business. No uniform guidelines, lots of transferring between departments.
Pros
no late hours
Cons
schedules
Getting the work done
CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM LEAD 1 (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 15, 2018
Work is work and these things are require and the sole purpose of being employed. Completing the required tasks and building friendships and socializing after and during the work day makes the process fulfilling.
Pros
Benefits, pay acquired skills
Cons
greatly reduces family time with small kids
Great place to work!
Sales Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 15, 2018
Not a bad place to work if looking to move up, however that will only happen if you are liked. Dont work here if you don't want to share a desk and have to worry about stats.
Insecure
Repair Technician/Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJanuary 15, 2018
This is a Union Job, which is nice to have that protection, but management seems to "go out of their way" at times to get rid of people. Management also puts unrealistic demands on employees.
Pros
Pay, Time off
Job was good paying too many hoops to go through to do it correct!
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJanuary 15, 2018
I liked my job at AT&T as a premise technician, the give you on the job training also good benefits and pay. I was one of the layoffs they did as well as around the country. the job its self was great at first but AT&T as a whole kept making it harder for us to do our jobs correctly because of a computer program that baby sat us on a daily basis, making it harder to get paying customers in service.
Pre divestiture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 15, 2018
It was a great company. A blue chip company to work for and many did for their whole careers. Unfortunately, it was split up and then took a nose dive. They have begun to really recover and I'm proud of them. I would still support them.
Pros
Great environment for learning.
Cons
Training meant something!
Telecom is too big to be great
Professional- Software Delivery Project Management (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJanuary 15, 2018
For starters, AT&T hasn't truly hired 'off the street' for years so this may be of less use for many. I also spent my entire career at the 'phone company' so bear that in mind.

AT&T is a fine place to work and pays well in my opinion. They are also very 'JD Powers' aware and like many I'm sure, stress the importance of what employees say and do both at work and at home. In other words they seemed to be a big brother if/when anyone would consider saying anything negative about them on social media.

AT&T is very process oriented with ever changing methodologies. Most people in my role would spend more time ensuring awareness of the current process than focusing on actually executing and delivering. Thankfully they finally did away with audits that were unfair due to the constant change.
Pros
Pay, Discounts
Cons
Chaos and limited resources to understand current process
Designed with the new graduate in mind
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2018
If you are a new graduate or starting your career, then AT&T is for you! If this is not the case, AT&T has difficulty actioning out their claims for continued career development and training to those who are Sr. employees.
Pros
Benefits are outstanding
Cons
Zero career advancement or oppor 2 negotiate mid year $ adjust
Solid company
District Manager - (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 15, 2018
Great company as far as service goes, but their pricing is high from a consumer standpoint.

Working with the organization was nice, but the environment felt overly-corporate, in my opinion. This is one of the reasons that I moved on to the Un-carrier.
Workplace review
Triage Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2018
My time at ATT was extremely beneficial. The volume of work during certain seasons was extreme volume at a fast pace. I learned how to triage tickets and vendor dispatches from most critical/severe to less threatening in a timely fashion to ensure all trouble tickets were promptly dispatched to appropriate persons to evaluate and diagnose issues pertaining to all cell towers.
This job was the best
Manager Operator Services (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 15, 2018
This was the best experience of my life -
This was a team effort, everyone was well-trained. AT&T allowed you to be a self-starter, compensation/ bonuses was excellent
Pros
Pay & security
Review
Customer Service Representative Convergy's Directv (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Great pay, bad work environment. There are some good people working there. The push sales, which you get commission off of. If you can get past the bad work environment it usually has, then you are good, I meant it does have a great pay. In my training class there were about 20 people, after 4 months only 3 people work there still that was from the training class, including me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.