AT&T
4,564 reviews

AT&T Employer Reviews

Good company to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee), Oakton, VAJuly 23, 2014
Because AT&T is one of fortune 500 top three Telecommunication Corporations I always felt like I worked at leading edge of the industry, especially since my customer base was primarily the United State Government. My average day’s work aired a sense and feeling of accomplishment. Being on that leading edge just about every day there was a difference – more... experience.

Management: was progressive, and provided leadership

Co-workers: Years of experience, competent people at every level.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Was bringing a resolution to the complex issues – less
Very productive
Dispatch Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2014
A typical day at work was loading technicians daily schedule, doing daily conference calls.
Consistent Reliable job with good career potential.
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Aberdeen, NCJuly 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: flawed attendance system
With AT&T Corporate, they train you extremely well, and prepare you for when you actually go live. They are focused mainly on customer service, and the results from your customers survey's. Promotions do take a long time thus, if you want to be with them long term know everything you do is taken into account for any transfers, promotions, etc. All sales – more... reps are covered by the C.W.A (Communication Workers of America) which is your union. Fair job, great compensation. However forget about any vacation until a year of employment. – less
Great Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 23, 2014
I loved working with customers and insuring that they were taken care of and that I did a great job in a timely manner to resolve their issues with their cellphones
fun company
Technical Support Specialist, Pace/Volt (Former Employee), RichardsonJuly 23, 2014
Pros: exciting atmosphere
Cons: poor management interaction
fun company but management could have been better. More training could have helped and management could have been more helpful
Very flexible hours and no micro managing.
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Lenox, AtlantaJuly 23, 2014
The company is mostly Agile and some waterfall methodologies.
Front Desk Clerk
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Shiloh, ILJuly 23, 2014
Pros: buliding value in customers
Cons: hourly wage
Received orders and wrote tickets, paid close attention to detail, returned orders within a reasonable amount of time and conducted department cleaning.
Good pay but extremely stressful
Service Delivery and Assurance Technician (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAJuly 23, 2014
Pay was great, but the company held technicians to a strict metric that didn't fit the randomness of each job.
NETWORK LOAD ANALYST
Network Force Load Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2014
I AM A MANAGER WITH A GREAT COMPANY I BASICALLY HANDLE WORKFORCE LOAD FOR THE TECHNICIANS
Poor management and completely unorganized
Sales Solution Consultant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 22, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: management, job security, process and flow to get anything done
I believed AT&T to be my new beginning, my new career and a place where my hard work and good work ethics would catapult me to a position earned by my own labors. It didn't take too long for me to realize how far off I was when it came to my ability to control my future within this company. After three months of employment, I was advised that I was – more... hand picked to be moved to a "new" organization within AT&T. This had nothing to do with the job I was doing since I quickly learned the position and exceled at achieving my monthly quotas. Let me add that the only training I was given was computer lead courses and side by side instruction from a veteran employee. The side by side instruction was awesome and the only helpful action given to me. In my personal opinion, online powerpoint classes are a waste of time and money. Everyone other person I worked with was given a two week introductory training class and other instructor lead courses that were pertinent to the position I held. I suppose I just slipped through the cracks. So to continue, in the new organization I excelled in the position I upheld. By the next midyear review, I was in first position of all other employees in the same role within my organization and in second position company wide. It was at this point that other opportunities presented themselves. I had a choice of what the next step would be for me to continue advancement within AT&T. Or so I thought. I received a call from a member of upper management in the organization I was removed from after my first three months of employment offering me a position back in their organization. I was very excited, at first. But the more I looked into the position, management and conditions of the job, I came to realize this position wasn't a fit for me. After turning the position offer down, I was told by my peers my chances of ever excelling would greatly be hindered due to not accepting the position that was offered to me. I was then offered a position within the organization I in. I took the position because it was a better fit than what was offered in the other organization. Four months after taking the new position, my department was advised it was being dissolved. That I had 60 days to search, internally, for a new position or I would be laid off. I was promised three different things at three different times by upper management, of which none of the promises were kept. After applying to MANY positions within AT&T, the 60 days ran out and I had to accept a surplus package. Since I had only been employed under two years, the package was minimal. My job was outsourced to another company that could do my job for less. Veterans that I knew that had been with AT&T for decades lost their jobs. AT&T has no job security.

Also, if you think employees have better avenues than customer when trying to get something done. Think again. The saying "The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing." applies to AT&T.

This is a horrible company to work for and would advise anyone considering employment with AT&T to keep searching for another company to work for. Also, the health plans offered are not good. I came from BCBS to United Healthcare. That's like going from a smart phone to a flip phone. That's my personal opinion. – less
Great Company!
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), flJuly 22, 2014
It's a seasonal company that teaches you how to make the most of your time and your product in a busy enviorment.

It's a great way to meet lots of people, sell lots of items, for a company that will definitely take care of you!
Customer Care
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Greenwood, SCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: salary
Typical day is pulling up systems, asisting customers with the best service. Managment coaching for improved work. Co-Workers are very easy to get along with everybody works as a team. The job is not hard work. The most enjoyable thing about my job is assisting customers.
Worst Attendance Policy no work life balance
Cost-Reduction Strategies
Order Fulfillment
Good benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 21, 2014
Fast paced call center environment which challenged all set of skills on many levels
Bitter sweet
Performance Manager/Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: growth in the company depends on you - it happens!
Cons: poor timing makes it bitter sweet
There's a lot to be said about a prominent corporation that can shell out immense products, hard-working peers, and divine mentors. My employment was struck down twice due to layoffs, but while employed with (Bellsouth/ATT), the merger…remember that?), I learned a great deal; I traveled for the company and was compensated for my dedication. Overall, – more... I enjoyed my years of experience in the telecommunication world and wouldn't change any of it. – less
Great Pay if you Work Hard
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Novi, MIJuly 20, 2014
Company has good benefit. Pay is good if you are able you do a good job and sell the product. You can get advancement if you stick with the company for a great deal of time.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Evansville, INJuly 20, 2014
I was always well-treated, and I had plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Great team work and great management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAJuly 20, 2014
management
great co-workers
meeting goals and exceeding
learn to overcome obstacles
customer service skills
most enjoyable thing apart about my job is interacting with customers
no work life balance
Premises Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 19, 2014
No work life balance at all. hours are cray money is good, Management does what it can to help but it that it is not a lot.

1 2 3 4 5

About AT&T

At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great – Read more