AT&T Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,616 reviews matching the search
Installation Life
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 29, 2016
Great pay but job security is kind of shaky. Too much work but not enough time in day. More focused on numbers than customer service.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long days, Micromanagement
Great place for contractors!
Web Content Manager (Current Employee) –  AylaApril 29, 2016
I enjoy working as a contractor at AT&T. You truly hone in on your skill-set and have opportunities to learn new skills. The job easy if you are well qualified and follow preestablished procedures. I love what I do, so everyday is a good day at work.
good place to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2016
this job was a great place and I pretty much did everything that I have done at my previous jobs. Filing, resolving customer complaints, modifying customer accounts & closing transactions. I can say that management was fair, the best part was interacting with customers.
Great workplace
Video/Voice Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 29, 2016
This is a great company to work for. The coworkers are friendly and really work together as a team. Enjoying my time here.
Good place to be emplyed
QA Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 29, 2016
While employed at Ameritech, now AT&T, there was chance for advancement.

Training was available and managers cared about your advancement.
Pros
Flex time and good pay
Cons
NA
Not a good balance of work and outside life
SALES COACH (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 28, 2016
It was a great salary but you earn every single dime. There is a lack of balance (work/personal life). There is disparity of treatment.
Pros
great salary
Cons
unrealistic objectives, horrible upper management
Great company to work for
Wire Technician (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 28, 2016
Great company, great benefits, training is great as well. Everything needed is supplied and in the position i was in, you are responsible for other tools needed or preferred. As in other jobs, some management wasn't the best, but overall id highly recommend the job and the company. A typical day is an 8 hour shift, climbing poles, going into attics, finding solutions for problems, calling customers, fishing walls, making connections, running wire, and installing devices. My co-workers were great people and very helpful. The hardest part of the job is dealing with things that were out of your control and counting against your metrics. I learned a lot of valuable skills from the job that can be used in other positions for other companies. Besides having a supervisor, you pretty much were responsible for your own and how your days would turn out which helped me learn to be more disciplined and become my own manager. It also helped me excel as a team leader when needed.
Pros
Job duties, Increasing verbal skills, Pay, Benefits, The ability to move around and work in a different area every day
Cons
management
Easy but fast paced
Information Service Assistant (Wireless) (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KY 42302April 28, 2016
Customer service job with great co-workers and managers. Easy but very fast paced. I learned how important accurate, friendly customer service is to a customer. It was very rewarding and fulfilling when I could help a customer find what he/she was looking for. The hardest part of the job was reaching the numbers the company wanted you to get and giving good customer service while attempting those targets.
Not a place for job security
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 28, 2016
learning new things every day and sometimes not enough hours in the day to train or complete training. products always changing and company shifts focus too much throughout the year and lowering commission payouts.
Pros
almost free direcTV service and half off wireless
Cons
changing commission payout too much, too high of goals
Best job ive ever had
Premises Technician (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXApril 27, 2016
Management actually care about your home life and your safety. I would recommend it to anyone thinking about moving over to it.
Pros
working on your own, and great management
Cons
heat, cold, heights, attics
Fun job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 27, 2016
It was an educational job, learning about sales over the phones. Working on a busy ACD phone system. Working with irate customers, resolving their issues.
Pros
Very employee friendly
Cons
No job security
Nice place to work
Mobile Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OHApril 27, 2016
Overall a nice place to work. I was in the Aurora store and the other co-workers were very helpful and informative. Some days are late and you will be called in on a regular basis. But not bad if you don't mind that type of scheduling.
Ma Bell
Systems Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 27, 2016
Started my telecommunications career with this company.
I was able to advance quickly and enjoyed my days working there. I was able to get a lot of training and hands on experience with the job.
Pros
Training
Cons
Managers
DIRECTV tech beware
Field services Technician (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 27, 2016
Company was bought by AT&T and was a complete 180 degree change. Leadership unprofessional, they will work you all day and night with unknown time of getting home and they don't care. Single and want money and no social life its good job for you, family with kids, you will never see them.
Professional workplace to sharpen skills.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 27, 2016
Absolutely great team, I've learned and sharpened many skills very quickly for the two years that I have worked for AT&T.
Good Company
AREA RETAIL SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 27, 2016
Unionized frontline sales force impacts a lackluster pay for managers.

You are way overworked as a manager, and definitely under compensated. The company strives for diversity so much so that if you are a white male, you can basically forget about getting to a level 2 manager position.
Pros
promotional opportunities
Cons
you are well aware at all times that this is a large corporation and it is very cut throat
Great company, great culture
Associate Director Sales Training -Operations (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 27, 2016
Start early each day, work approximately 9-10 hours. A lot of data review, excel spreadsheets, conference calls and meetings.
Sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARApril 27, 2016
I am sales associate.I work at Cellular World, an authorized retailer. I have learned a lot. There's a lot to learn, but there is training.
Good Company
Teleconference Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dix Hills, NYApril 26, 2016
Good Company to work for at the time. The division I worked for ended up closing after 12 years. I enjoyed working with my co workers and have many long relationships as a result. The pay was excellent. The hours were terrible at first because it went by seniority but after several years got better.
Outstanding Comapny
Design Engineer -Management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2016
Excellent company provided professional training and all necessary computer skills needed . Management was well trained and employees worked well in team environment