AT&T
4,869 reviews

AT&T Employer Reviews

Lots of paperwork but rewarding
Head Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kodiak, AKSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: able to work together in harmony
Cons: coming to work to find someone passed out in the store front.
I would open the store and get ready for the day. I would make the deposit from the night before and get the needed change for each till. I would educate myself with new phone functions and accessories. I was the head CSR and would often help other associates with billing and customer service issues that they had trouble with when trying to identify – more... problems with bills. I was meticulous at my job as I am with any job. I adapt well with a variety of setting and able to preform whatever is needed with no guidance. I loved working with all my co-workers it was like working with family. We all had a strong bond and work ethic. The hardest thing about my job was when the computer would glitch and a feature wasn't added to the customers account that was suppose to be added and the following month when they came in wondering why their bill was so high. I had to figure it out. It wasn't hard figuring it out, I felt bad that it happened in the first place. I loved working with such great people who I am still in contact with even over the years and miles. – less
good environment where we learn and grow
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Middletown, NJSeptember 20, 2014
Cons: health care
Good experience in AT&T. Definitely learned a lot. Good friendly environment.
I had 3 main jobs during my career at AT&T. LD operstor, Service Rep and OSP engineer
Outside Plant Engineer, Service Rep, LD Operator (Former Employee), Columbus OhioSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: sometimes people who did not deserve to keep their job .were able to
A typical day at work during ATT as a service rep was to talk to customers 8 hours a day, work on their accounts, place orders for different services on their home accounts. I discussed their telephone bills with them, while staying profession. I needed to be a good listener because they all had stories to tell me.
AS an OSP engineer, I created " construction – more... blueprints" for outside splicers and contractors . I drove a company vehicle for the 11 years I was an engineer because I had to go out to the field to take field notes in order to draw up my blue prints for telephone cable, terminals, manholes etc. I went back to the office when my field work was complete and started my drawings. Sometimes 1 construction would take as many as 3-4 weeks to complete the blueprints, sometimes only 2-3 days, depending on the type of job it is. The engineers in my office and I were pretty much self managed with our time and work..
I was with ATT for 35 years and I really enjoyed the company. Then our dept started to diminish, less work was being sent to us, because more outside contractors were getting our work. Many of us were offered a package to leave so many of us did.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that we were mostly self managed and we had to be self disciplined and reliable. Also driving a company car was also a big responsibility, but all of us were mature enough and responsible enough to be fine with it.
The hardest part of the job was to make sure your blueprint job was drafted and complete by the deadline that each job had. If your time was managed well, then there was no problem in meeting that deadline. – less
Great company to work for with lots of opportunity
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Augusta, GASeptember 19, 2014
AT&T has been a great place to work and grow. AT&T believes in development of their employees and their personal growth.
Was able to learn a lot of new thing
Operations Support Rep (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: good benifets, good pay
Cons: downsizing
I had a routine everyday of what I was suppose to do. I did the deposit, paper work, checked in shipment, proceeded returns, stocked the inventory, customer service, data entry, filing. There really wasn't any hard part to my job, I loved it. I worked with the best co workers. We were like family.
Great training and product line. Very poor work/life balance
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee), OhioSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: pay/benefits
Cons: work/life balance
Overall, this is a decent company to work for. The pay and benefits are far above a typical retail job. They offer a very comprehensive and strong training program, especially for members of management.

The work life balance, as with most retail jobs, is very poor. Manager's are salaried positions and will typically work a minimum of 50+ hours a week. – more... The job can be very stressful at times being sales oriented, but often times that stress level is dictated by who is your market management. – less
Excellent Training
Customer Service/Sales Rep (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2014
One of the main things that impressed me about AT&T is the great training and preparation that was provided to help new hires succeed in the position. I was really able to appreciate the training after I got on the phones with potential customers.
Fun workplace and always something to do
Sales Representative (Current Employee), NYSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: long breaks, competitive job, good hours
Cons: healthcare
A typical day consists of learning about new products in the market, calling customers and setting up appointments, and processing sales.
Good starter job
Customer Service Assistant/Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2014
If you are young and ambitious then Sales for AT&T is the job for you. There is plenty of traffic you get to learn about technology. Management is hit or miss some are very easy to work and others not so much.
install tv,internet,and phone systems to residential and business's
Premise Technician (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CASeptember 17, 2014
Installed and repaired DSL, internet, telephone, and television services at various residential and office buildings. Performed cable runs and wiring updates in desired locations,changed fittings, wall jacks, and connections to insure high quality of service. Responded to customers’ inquiries and/or concerns
Very Productive driven work atmosphere
Network Force Load Analyst Digital Life (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2014
A typical day is very relaxed but goal driven daily. A very detailed job and lots of growth and development training to further pursue your career.
fun social workplace ,
Sales Closer / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: always busy great pay
Cons: no overtime
I would come in and open the store, help customers with there products make sure they're happy and satisfied, check inventory and store inventory
Customer Service Rep / Tech Support
Convergys AT&T Customer Service Rep / Tech (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLSeptember 17, 2014
Worked with At&t Business employees with their cell phone plans
Some Potential
Premises Technician (Former Employee), Mountain View, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: independence, wages and benefits
Cons: major sacrifices and brainwashing
The job pays "livable" wages but they make new recruits go an entire year before any benefits and becoming ill in that year gets a person fired. More of a "frat" group than anything else as the labor union meddles and imposes themselves onto new employees whether they are interested or not. Not easy to just "do ones job" without constant "poorly executed" – more... social engineering from labor unions. Management separates themselves from employees letting unions run crews mostly.

Work/life balance is terrible as most new employees will be placed significant distances from home locations. This concept also promotes employees to "cling" to unions and befriend co-workers as they spend significant time separated from family and friends through long working hours and commute distances. Employees can be shady and take advantage of the "separation" tactics the company implements. Not the type of environment for a person most interested in simply "providing" for their family.

For people who can "embrace" the mentality, the possibility to earn a living is there but requires a LOT of sacrifices. Almost a "military" style work environment. Great opportunity for those returning from military service. – less
high stress level
Service Representative (Current Employee), Port Huron, MISeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: mgmnt, lack of being able to do your job
call center on calls all day
hardest part of job is not being able to do your job nothing is ever good enough or right

co-workers are great they keep you going
most enjoyable part of the day is when its time to leave
typical day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), robinsonSeptember 16, 2014
inbound calls about att accounts, home cable internet accounts
A fun place to work with professional and the brightest individuals in the industry
Systems Analyst/Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), Middletown, NJSeptember 16, 2014
A great place to grow in your knowledge of the telecom industry with ample resources available.
Rewarding Job
Sales Consultant (Full-time) (Current Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 16, 2014
AT&T is one the largest and fastest growing telecommunications in the world, so they expect a lot of from their employees.
Productive workplace and amazing culture
Quality/Testing (Current Employee), Middletown, NJSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: telecommute, flexible, and cutting edge technology
Cons: job security
I have learned alot using cutting edge technology and gave me the ability to think out the box. I typically worked over 8 hours each day with the flexibility of working from home. My Co-Workers were amazing and were always helping in high pressure situations. I enjoyed gaining more experience and more responsibility.
Challenging and rewarding culture
Strategic Account lead (Former Employee), PhoenixSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: brand
Cons: travel
Leader in the telecommunications industry. Typical day working at this company was well supported with management that really knew their roles and the internal business and the industry. Tools and systems were minimal and very easy to use and made the job very easy to navigate. Engineering staff and support was the best in the industry, always knew – more... and understood the customers requirements and our capabilities and always put the sales personnel first. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About AT&T

At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great – Read more