7.1K reviews

AT&T Employee Reviews

Challenging environment
Small Business Sales and Service (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 31, 2015
Typical day is back to back inbound calls. Most calls are upset customers attempting to fix a problem. As a sales representative you are expected to solve the customers request by asking fact finding questions to enhance their bundle. As the solution provider it is your responsibility to show the benefits of the products you added to their bundle to enhance the customers service. The sales expectations are very high. If exceeding the sale quotas the bonuses are very substantial
Its a great place to work if your 18-30 with no family.
Premises Technician (Former Employee), Houston txAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Long hours could not go home unless all jobs in pool was completed
long hours management is ok sometimes they can be a bit rough. I learn a lot with this company. If i need to rearrange wires in my house i have no problem doing so. The co-works were ok some was positive and some was negative. I also like the fact that they had a union.
good starting position but not a career
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), IndianaAugust 31, 2015
Pros: benefits, discounts
Cons: micro management, work/life balance, stress
Great company to get out of college or high school and work for. really good pay when compared to other major companies. however, most sales reps work their way up to management and get better paying positions and better work/life balance with other companies. you can be written up for not saying a customer's name at least 5 times during an interaction. You will be extremely micro managed until you either become a carbon copy of everyone or run out of the company. They monitor every transaction and can put in an observation on any little thing you do. Angry customers come in and you are expected – more... to help them but not give credits, which means you are just there to let them vent and blame you. Best thing to do is try and survive for a year and use this position to catapult to your desired career and pay. Commission structure is always changing, which means you are slowly but surely getting less and less commission every month. The benefits are really good and you get 50% off all at&t products, so that helps offset the lower commission. Overall, expect to work weekends and holidays for extended shifts, can be forced overtime, can not call in and use pto, pto must be submitted almost 2 months in advance, and to be stressed from negative perception of the cell phone industry of customers. – less
Excellent Company
Manager Sales Operations Lead-Finance (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and training
Cons: Worked long hours on occassion
My 36 years of employment with AT&T have been nothing short of amazing. I have learned to lead teams to achieve excellent results. I have had many supportive leaders who have pushed, promoted and encouraged me and have also made friends that I will have for a lifetime.
Great Company
Technician (Former Employee), Frisco, TXAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Excellent Training
Cons: none
I had short but amazing experience with AT&T as a technician. It truly embodied some the core values that i live in every day life.
Good Company
FINANCE MANAGER (Former Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJAugust 31, 2015
Interned with AT&T and worked with and learned from great people. The only reason I left AT&T was because the company split and I went with Lucent. Both companies were great to work for in the 90s.
intern
Marketing Intern, Liminal LA at USC (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 30, 2015
Internship was great. Learned a lot. The company is very open to new ideas. I really enjoyed my time here. A lot of flexibility and able to really show case your talents.
Nice to work at the time
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Cumberland, ILAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Benefits .medical, dental, 401(k)
It was a great job some days you may high call volume and some days it was slow my coworkers were great the hardest part of the job was when it rain sometime the computers were slow and calls were backed up that's the hardest part of that job when you have customers that were upset and now your systems are acting up and you can't even get into their account to help them all you had to tell them to call back
Overall not a bad place to work
Wire Technician (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 30, 2015
Pros: great pay, all the overtime you can work, CWA
Cons: extended hours, lots of politics
Typical day includes reading service orders, going to cross box, testing for sync, placing cross connects, running cat5 home runs to Gateway at the best location for the customer. Running additional cat5 lines for IPTV or using coax as a last result. Registering customer on their new account, testing wireless speeds and overall line status of lines to cx house. If lines are bad the buried service wire may need replacing or an aerial line may need replacing. If that's not the problem then we drop helper tickets to the service techs who take care of the lines from the cross box to the serving – more... terminal. I have learned a lot about loop length, capacity and Db and how specific they all have to be in order to get a passing Quality Check. Management is ok, Co-workers are great support if there is any technical issues that arise. Hardest part of job is dealing with the bad equipment out of the box and having to Smart Chat in for hours at times to resolve an issue. All this counts against our numbers and is out of our control. The later you work the worse your numbers are and its required you pull jobs until 7:45 at night 6 days a week most of the time. There is no job work/life balance. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the customers faces light up when their service is working 100% either installed or repaired. – less
Reviewd
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Montgomery, ILAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Good Salary, good benefits.
Cons: Long term employment not likely.
Good Salary, good benefits, job security poor, enjoyable company to work for. Many location closed due to down sizing. Recommend good place to work although long term employment not likely.
n/a
Access Vendor Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta GAAugust 30, 2015
The company is located in Atlanta GA. It was a nice place to work. The co-workers were nice. I learned a lot about provisioning and number portabililty.
Very Productive
Sr. Frontend Developer (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Collobrative
Cons: A lot of contractor turn over with no explanation.
They pay the best so they can hire the best. Everyone there was highly skilled and a pleasure to work with. Very demanding but you get to build some really cool things
AT&T Retail Sales
Assistant Manager/ Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Rogers, ARAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Pay, Training
Cons: work/life balanace
At&t is a great place to work without a degree. The pay is great. I would say that I have to work 45-50 hours a week. It is retail hours and you do have to work based on seniority. Great management training program.
Awesome company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Great Pay
Cons: long hours
This company will definitely have you on your toes. If you love working in a fast paced environment where things are always changing this is perfect for you.
Productive and fast pace!
Retail Associate (Current Employee), plano, tvAugust 28, 2015
Too much changing of commission, it can be enjoyable if you are outgoing and are if you like sales. Coworkers are usually friendly and work as a team.
The best lesson I learned was the use of good time management.
Senior Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Job security, healthy workplace, needs of employees considered
Cons: No cons
There were not any typical days, I learned to ready for the unexpected.
That was the hardest part of the job to overcome but I learned that it can be done. It can be done without stress or the least amount of stress with forethought and planning.
Keep a good relationship with your coworkers and your superiors because it takes everyone to get the job done correctly and on time.
Good People, Work-Life Balance Unsatisfactory
Account Executive (BSLPD) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2015
I made many lifelong friends working at AT&T. Management is demanding, but I believe they have the best intentions at heart. The work-life balance can be challenging. Although they do not require employee's to work past 5pm, the phrase "this is not a 9-5" was thrown around on a daily basis. Management even went so far as to get rid of employee's who were not seen going the extra mile.

PS: Just because they don't say something is mandatory doesn't mean you aren't judged on your choice to participate.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Lee's Summit, MissouriAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Reward Perks and Commission
Cons: The hours are late, no flexibility, and the culture is poor.
This place is extremely stressful. You are paid average pay but the expectations are extremely difficult to achieve. The managers for the most part focus on the negative.
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Benfits and hourly wages
Cons: Schedules are never the same.
AT&T is interested in money and how quickly they can get it and how hard can they squeeze an employee to get it.
AT&T was an awesome company to work for in the early 2000s but once they become Singular then back to AT&T they lost respect for employees.
The commissions aren't getting any better and don't cause employees to want to work harder. They all need their jobs and get pressured into high sales. Selling features to people who don't need them.
The management is treated poorly by the upper suits and therefore they treat their employees with complete disrespect.
Manage administrative needs for 9 states, from personnel to training and attendancce
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNAugust 28, 2015
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: Workforce 2020 is forcing headcount reductions
Excellent place to work. Very customer focused. Learned how to manage remotely. Enjoyed the knowledge obtained from my boss, but I missed the face to face with co-workers in other states.
Headquarters