AT&T Employee Reviews

Found 17,763 reviews matching the search
good job
Residential/ Commercial Wire Technician (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NC 27537September 24, 2017
good pay, great manager, long work hours at times. busy schedule at times.Great comradre amongst the team members. Great training program for prem. tech. position as well.
Pros
great manager, solid company
Cons
union poltics at times
Competitive workplace
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILSeptember 23, 2017
Very good work/life balance.
Good, reputable company that offers relative job stability.
Excellent benefits including pension plan.
Competitive pay. Would recommend for employment.
Great opportunities
Manager, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 23, 2017
Working at ATT is rewarding and both challenging. Because it's such a large corporation it can take some time to understand the broader business. However, if you work hard and are able to adapt to change, you can have a successful career.
no work life balance
Strategic Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 23, 2017
A T&T was a nice place to work. however the work life balance was not there. I work very very long hours the entire time I was employed there. this is also a union workplace, not for me.
Great place to work, but too much micromanagement.
Tech (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTSeptember 23, 2017
The company overall is great, so are the managers and the people I met on the job. The training program is thorough and incredibly helpful. The no fault attendance policy and zero accommodations for a college schedule are ridiculous though...you are also tracked by the minute so if you use the restroom for too long you will have a talk with your boss about it. The culture overall used to be one of team building and success comes from within sort of thinking..after the AT&T merger that all changed for the worse.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Micromanagement, no fault attendance policy.
Challenging but rewarding career
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARSeptember 23, 2017
as long as you are comfortable on ladders, or gaffing a pole, and interacting with multiple people, this is a great job. Excellent benefits and good team to work with. Excellent place to begin and extend a rewarding career
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
exposure to elements, sometimes can be dirty environment as you may be in attics and crawl spaces, and subject to filthy customer's living space
Rewarding career with many challenges.
Customer systems technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2017
AT&T proved to be a rewarding career for me. I enjoyed working as a communications technician because every job presented a new challenge. The most difficult part of the job was working outside all day enduring the extreme weather conditions. I enjoyed the challenge of trouble isolation working on repair tickets.
Pros
Trouble isolation on repair tickets required careful planning and techniques.
Cons
Working outside in extreme weather conditions.
Office based enviroment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 23, 2017
As a lead I would check in with the manager for any issue that would need to be address and check a special email box for any request for assistance need by field workers. Opening several systems one being a chat room that I monitor in case fellow employee have questions or need direction while assisting the field. I also make flyers and send email/instant message for any event of announces that needs to be share with the floor.
Pros
Nice salary
Cons
decease in work
Was a busy atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 23, 2017
AT&T is a good workplace. We were there for the customers benefit. Able to help them through their situations was a great feeling of accomplishment for myself and the customer.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
Bid groups frequently
Great pay and benefits
Consumer Sales Specialist - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 23, 2017
Decent place to work. Great pay. The culture was pretty diverse. I learned how to communicate in a way that makes people feel like they're not making a phone call to waist time. They fed us quite often and ran contest frequently.
Only work here if you are a teenager.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Recent compensation plans are more confusing than ever. Company continuously tries to find ways to take money from sales reps. If a better compensation plan existed, more people would stay.
good learning
Test Architect (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2017
good learning, people friendly, work life balance and fair pay. I would highly recommand this as a work place. I was hired their via TechM so ATT HR/Management was not directly involved.
Very stressful.
Sales Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 22, 2017
Lots of fake enthusiasm and cheerleading. Only real concern is bottom dollar. Taking advantage of customers was part of sales training. Very picky on rules always trying to catch someone even when customer was well taken care of if no sale was made.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Everything else.
Depends on the job title
Technician (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CASeptember 22, 2017
You can make your life enjoyable or miserable. Depends on your attitude towards work. It's a good company if you understand that they are competing with a whole new communications system medium industry.
good pay
Back Office Manager/Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXSeptember 22, 2017
hard to balance home and work life but overall pay is decent. Overall upper management does not know what it is like to work in the stores and put unrealistic demands on sales
Pros
psy
Cons
poor management
Very fun to work
Software Consultant (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJSeptember 22, 2017
Fun to work here, management was focused on projects, and very good in communicating their goals and expected to see some best results. Very friendly environment to work.
Good Company
Service Order Adm/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2017
This was and still may be a good company to work for. You make life long friends, the pay was great as well as the benefits and there was never a day that I didn't want to go to work. It was a good work environment and you worked with people who always helped each other. I'd go back if I could but I was part of a massive lay-off that sent our jobs to places where it is cheaper to do the work.
great job
Engineering Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 22, 2017
I would like to work there now, I worked in a call center environment, I was a Staff Associate. One of the reasons I enjoyed working for AT&T was there is much diversity, job security and you are able to do your time and title and transfer to another job.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no cons
A Great Career
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 22, 2017
The company is very dynamic and there are many opportunities for career growth. The company is forward-looking and brings many new products and services to market.
Recommend great place to work
Technical Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2017
Awesome company to work for it's a very rewarding career oriented company if your looking to advance your career this is a company you will want to join strict adherence to attendance and goals oriented environment to help in improving the employee and well as advancing the company
Pros
Great salary and benefits
Cons
Stressful but worth it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval