AT&T Employee Reviews

Found 13,882 reviews matching the search
Customer Care Consultant
Wireless & Internet Service (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 30, 2016
Very High volume inbound call center, assist all customers with there billing concerns, troubleshooting there wireless devices, setup payment arrangements , worked overtime when offered. Made commissions, exceed all required goals. Hardest part of the job was dealing with very irate customers that were upset because of charges on there bill for services that were supposed to be removed and they were not. This company did not play around with attendance or tardiness - which was nice due to a lot of people would take advantage of the company if this were not in place.
Pros
vacation time, commission
Challenging Fast Paced Workplace
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2016
A typical day at work with AT&T consisted of contacting clients to review Work Orders and current Trouble Tickets to be resolved. The environment involved working on the Computer and Phone consistently. Contacting Customers, Phone Companies and Engineers that were required to do installation of new services for various corporations was a daily requirement. Overall working with AT&T proved to be a Challenging fast paced Learning Experience.
Pros
Ability to Work Remotely
Cons
Inadequate Training
Innovative place to work with great benefits
Assistant Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 8, 2016
Working for AT&T has taught me many great things both professional and personal. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing everyone around me grow, especially applying the coaching and techniques through the coaching process. The hardest part of the job is having to let someone go, but when it needs to be done it is necessary.
Pros
Benefits-wireless, DirecTV, healthcare, dental, vision
Cons
life/work balance for management
A typical day at AT&T
AT&T Wire Technician (Current Employee) –  Austell, GANovember 25, 2016
We start of the day with a work group meeting in the morning. We report to our first, by doing our best at what we do and ensuring that the customer is satisfied. Everyday at AT&T you will learn something new because the company is always expending. The management there is always just a phone call away for employees as well as customers, that may have questions or concerns about anything. My co-workers are great people that are willing to lend a helping hand and any type of knowledge to anyone that might need it. The hardest part of my job is not being able to do this on a everyday basis. the most enjoyable part of my job, is being able to meet new and exciting customers everyday.
Can make a decent pay check, thats about it
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKNovember 20, 2016
Overwhelming goals in way to many matrix. Pay is good if you don't mind taking advantage of people. Extreme micromanagement is a every day thing. Every customer gets a survey and if the customer has a good experience with the sales person but not overall pleased with at&t then the sales person gets coached that we didn't do something right and that survey can effect compensation. Long hours so work/life balance sucks. Once again the only thing I like about working at at&t is the pay and benefits everything else is pretty much is horrible.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Everthing but pay and benefits
To much politics in the work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tavernier, FLNovember 9, 2016
I love my job because I interact with different people. However, in the company there is a lot of politcs. I work in an authorized retailer and I feel like I'm being abused. I was managing a store as if I was an assistant manager for 2 months yet I wasn't getting paid for it. Now I'm getting paid for a $1 increase. The company does way too much money to give me a poor raise. I have a bachelors and i'm considering leaving the job as soon as I find something better. Too many problems for little pay.
Pros
interact with different people
Cons
small breaks, poor pay
Management as a whole is great but there are a few bad apples.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, VANovember 29, 2016
As with any company, there are always going to be a few bad apples in the mix. But AT&T is aware of who these individuals are and has given them chance after chance to improve. Meanwhile, they are not aware of the real problem of harassment and continue to lose valuable employees that make that call center a better place. Someone needs to weed out all the bad and then it would be an awesome place to work.
Pros
Excellent salary, bonus opportunities, benefits.
Cons
Just a couple, but bad managers that use their position to harrass employees.
great group of tech to work with
Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2016
A typical day would start by signing in to the system to dispatch on jobs.what jobs you are assigned is always a mystery, that's based on your skill sets. You get 20 minutes to make sure you've gone over the details of your assigned job,and make sure you have all equipment needed ,as well to making sure you've contacted your cx.This is repeated throughout the day up until the work load is clear, sounds easy a piece a cake not really.
Pros
Paid lunch.
Cons
You order your own equipment shop is not equipment ready.
Throw ethics out the door
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 16, 2016
The pay was great, but shady tactics were in place to get that pay. Ripping off elderly people and convincing people to keep cruddy products until they are outside of their return window. Company is desperately trying to be more than a phone company with their sub-par security systems and purchase of Directv...even though there was nothing wrong with Uverse. Towards the end of my run I didn't even have the option to sell Uverse, and had to sell a satellite dish. Coworkers were snobby.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Management, culture
Understanding your experiences
Professional Network Admin/Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 24, 2016
By understanding your experiences it can better position you for the correct career choice. Over my span of 16 years with one company I was able to work 7 different jobs and expand on new experiences each time. You can take the knowledge from one position and use it in your next adventure which always allow you to make work fun. The joy of knowing you are giving 100% each day from your previous experiences creates a better you and a better employee.
Productive and Flexible
Network Force Load Anaylst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2016
We worked together as a team to be very productive and we had the flexibility to switch schedules with one another to accommodate for personal life happenings. A typical day is work hard and get the job done, be helpful to those in need and make things happen that caused the company to look good as we felt good making it happen. The hardest part was to accommodate when too many are out however we continuously made it work regardless.
Pros
Comp days, flexible schedules
Cons
Others not pulling their weight
Good Pay, Horrible Sales Environment and Management
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYNovember 22, 2016
Worked for AT&T for roughly 8 months and it was a very up and down time. The pay and commission plan was good, so were the benefits and co-workers, but the sales practices and management styles got progressively worse. Every month you had to give management your commitments for the month and if you didn't hit those commitments exactly as they expected you were constantly taken to the back for discipline. It made for a very, very stressful work environment.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Sales practices, management style
Great Company- Customer Service and Products
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 3, 2016
Loves helping their customers with all aspects of the the services they offer.
Every person in their employ are genuine and have that helpful attitude towards eachother and the customers. Management oversees all aspects of the business and are a hardworking team to see that they continually receive the JD Powers Award for Customer Satisfaction 7 years running.
Pros
Great benefits, tuition reimbursement, upward mobility
Cons
Tend to tailor for under 40 something's with hiring process.
Construction Manager/Designer (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CANovember 7, 2016
Visiting multiple job site in the field and dealing directly with our sub-contractors and customer. I learned how to design the cabling infrastructure to meet our customers needs and specifications. Management was great and very knowledgeable and real team players. Co-Workers were very friendly and great team players. Training new designers to design to our customers needs and specifications. The part I enjoyed the most working with such a talented, friendly and diverse group of people.
Pros
Excellent salary and overtime compensation.
Cons
N/A
Good Starter Job
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin texasNovember 3, 2016
Ive worked many years with this company , given true blood sweat and tears to make every penny ive earned. The most disheartening thing about working for At&t is that they hook line and sinker you in to believing that you can advance into upper MGMT when you truly either have to be the biggest brown noser or have to work more hours than any person in your market to get recognized. After many years of attempting to make this a career, and getting an " atta boy" once in a blue moon when you are the only consistent person is quite taxing
Used to be good
STRATEGIC ACCOUNT LEAD / DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2016
What was once a great career has deteriorated into work overload with no real possibility of advancement. Stagnate compensation for many years with unrealistic objectives. Sales have become the catch all for a multitude of problems and gaps in how customers are serviced where 90% of the available selling time is instead used for constant billing and service delivery issues
Pros
Benefits, vacation time
Cons
Poor compensation, work overload
productive company
Senior Prem Technician (Current Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILNovember 6, 2016
a typical day at work was running service repair and installation.
I learned a lot from AT&T from cross connections, proper customer communication, trouble shooting techniques, and safety and safety regulations. management was wonderful and gave us all of the education, and proper tools to use at any given time, co-workers were very friendly and helpful. there was no hard part about working for at&t coming from another company similar to what I did for at&t. most enjoyable part about working for at&t was giving the customer knowledge about all of the products they had. Educating the customer and showing them technology is made for everyone.
Pros
Cons
short on hours
Wire Technician
Wire Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2016
If you like challenges, changes, creativity, and an enormously diverse, global workforce, AT&T is a good match for you.
Excellent benefits, healthcare -- dental, vision...40lK; vacation....Wide range of organizations available for your participation; and the company encourages volunteerism and is very generous to many in need.You will need to work hard to maintain a career at AT&T because if you don't they will have no hesitation in letting you go.
Pros
Awesome job great pay and benefits
Cons
There is no work life balance on work and its hard to get promoted
My first adulthood job
Directory Assistant Operator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 7, 2016
Customers would call 1411 for directory assistance. We stared off only giving phone numbers. And as technology advanced we did reverse lookup, able to give numbers for people all over the United States. Learned how to do relay calls. Was chosen later in my career to be a team leader to help keep track and coach other team members to utilize efficiency and their performance to serve customer better.
Pros
Lifelong experience
Cons
Department and Local office closed
Good work environment, good teammates.
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 8, 2016
I worked as a retail sales consultant. I like my teammates, they are super helpful. Since this is a sales job, there are some pressures about sales. Also the work schedule including a lot of afternoon shifts, so the work/life balance is hard. The commissions got cut before I quit. If you like challenge, this is a good job for you. There is a lot of opportunity to get promoted as well.
Pros
good work environment, good company culture
Cons
poor work/life balance