AT&T Employee Reviews

Found 13,392 reviews matching the search
Great place if you can handle the pressure
Universal Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 30, 2016
I managed the call center for AT&T in Miami, Fl. Pay at ATT is great but it does come at a price of high levels of stress. ATT does not have an actual customer service dept. instead it is a sales group that uses your questions or concerns on your bill to upsell you on more products or bundles. Starting pay and bonus are excellent and you can achieve a very high salary. Unfortunately management is instructed to weed out anyone that isn't extremely productive. This involves yelling profanities and belittling you on the sales floor to make you quit! I saw 1 to 2 ambulance daily to handle stressed induced breakdowns or heart attacks. Enough said.
Pros
High Salary
Cons
May cost you your life
Excellent Job with Benefits
Splicing Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 30, 2016
Excellent company to work for, with benefits and opportunity for advancement. I have worked for AT&T for almost 20 years. Management is very professional and helpful.
AT&T Review
Software Delivery Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2016
Depending on he organization you are in will determine the culture. There is a lot of opportunity for knowledge growth. A lot of the managers do not change positions and it takes a long time to move up.
Pros
VO
Cons
Salary
Decent place to work but just for entry level sales
Assistant Store Manager / Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 29, 2016
I would open the store as a Assisnant manger. Perform managerial tasks in absence of managerIn charge of quarterly inventory audits
Involved in hiring & training new employees. Encourage/support team of employees to improve sales & be successful. Trusted to maintain & deliver daily store deposit.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
To much of a work load for not enough pay
Friendly workplace with long hours
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Work hours get extensive but environment is friendly. Customers complain a lot and pay is not worth it. It's fun to play on phones all day. Not too many benefits though.
Pros
Play with phones all day
Awesome
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 29, 2016
very fun atmosphere
fun sales environment
management was awesome
employees were fun to work with
very good incentives and prizes
learned how to manage
one big family
Great job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INSeptember 29, 2016
I loved working with AT&T and getting to know my customers. Pay was great and benefits were amazing. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Fantastic company to work for
Facility Technician (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 29, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at AT&T. They are a great company to work for. The benefits are great and the management cares about the well being of the workers. I had a lot of fun doing the work I did at AT&T. I was able to get down and dirty with the cable which is something I enjoy.
Pros
Drive around all day, active, some jobs are like a puzzle
Cons
Late hours sometimes, Will lay off with short notice
Be pleasant and help others on daily basis. Don't think work as a job but a hobby
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LASeptember 29, 2016
Empower yourself. Work with staff and reassure policies held within the company to the staff. I enjoyed working and had a wonderful staff to work with. I was well loved with the company.
Pros
flex time
Cons
work lunch
Very toxic environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Authorized Retailer 2160 Anderson Rd Petoskey, MISeptember 29, 2016
Work environment was stressful and upper management toxic. Disciplinary measures are inconsistent. If they get one idea that you are looking for a different job they immediately start treating you very differently. Management/employee relations were unprofessional and very unstable. I.E., Managers having inappropriate relationships with employees and dipping into the cash register for gas money.

I did not feel empowered or motivated working there as when you met required goals, you were criticized for not measuring up and goals were increased and made harder to reach. The pay, even with "commission" was not worth the unprofessional atmosphere plus the unavoidable difficulty of customers in a retail setting. Despite having some personal set backs, I did acquire some valuable self awareness, lessons, and growth. However, this was the worst company I've ever worked for.
Pros
Shifts were easy to manage life around
Cons
Little pay, uncomfortable working environment
No work to life balance but a good company
Wire Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Worked there for 6 months great company, they are better now then when i worked there. The work t life balance was non existent. other than that the pay was great
Good company to work in
Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 28, 2016
The work culture is very open and flexibility offered depends on the teams working in. All the managers I had were also reasonable and understanding. If possible I will love to go back to Cisco again.
no longer a good place to work
Premise Technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 28, 2016
The company bought a new company and is now way over staffed and is starting to lay off a lot of their senior technicians and bringing in these other technicians for less pay. The senior techs like myself that have fiber optic training, satellite training and know uverse are being pushed out and not being payed what we are currently trained for.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
only working 6hrs a day or just being told to stay home for the day
Unfortunately not a good experience since the takeover of our company
Broadcast Tech Operator (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 28, 2016
This company cares more about the bottom dollar, than making sure their workforce behind them is happy and strong. Very unfortunate.
Solid company
Site Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 28, 2016
I worked here for many years. You get great benefits as an employee. There is job security if you are an employee. Know that they expect a lot from you and consider that a norm.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Very long work hours
Great Job
Software Test Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHSeptember 28, 2016
Great Job. Had some great bosses. They always tried to understand the reason behind everything. Everyone was friendly and I would definitely recommend this job to everyone reading this. At some point, my contract was over and I had leave.
You sold that customer DirecTV and 2 New Lines? What did they think about Digital Life?
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHSeptember 27, 2016
More. More. More!

NEVER ENOUGH!

AT&T and Randal Stephenson are a greedy corrupt company form the top down!

They need investigated like Wells Fargo!

Additonal services and products are forced down customers throat. Staff is intimidated with write ups or termination if they don't perform.

Greed.

Money was cut in half for all employees once DirecTV was purchased.

Director of Sales is a snake who will throw anyone under the bus
Pros
50% off Cell Service.
Cons
EVERYTHING!
Productive workplace,collaboration is encouaged amonst project managers.
Specialist-Global Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 27, 2016
A typical day at work is usually never the same day to day. Everyday provides a new challenge, group collaboration is highly encouraged. Working as a project manager I've learned what management style best fits me and have been allowed to development my management skills. My co-workers are enthusiastic creating an atmosphere of learning and development.The most enjoyable part of my day is resolving issues, providing a seamless experience for my customers. The most challenging part of my day is taking on products that have been newly implemented.
Start up Division with constantly changing direction.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 27, 2016
Too many changes with a challenging business model. Customer support very lacking resulting in the loss of too many customers.

Managers held accountable when those Managers have no control over the subordinates.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Too many Managers protecting their turf.
Fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OklahomaSeptember 27, 2016
Finding any which way to help customers and make sure all of there needs a met or more than what that expected. Having fun with my fellow co-workers. Making sure the store is always clean and well stocked.