AT&T Employee Reviews

Found 17,232 reviews matching the search
N/a
Customer Rep Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2017
The Most enjoyable part of the job was providing the best cable services to new customers. The looks on their faces would be priceless. We call it the "wow" affect.
High paced, stressful environment
Advanced Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 18, 2017
Not enough staff to handle the incoming call volume. You need thick skin to work with the angry customers that are receiving poor service or billing errors. Management was terrific and coworkers were wonderful.
Pros
Parties, celebrations, games to make work fun
Cons
High volume calls, irate customers, increasing workload with minimal compensation
Great career
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2017
At&t was a start to my life's journey. A wonderful journey that lasted more than 30 years of my life. It allowed me many opportunities that helped shape who I am today. An experience I wouldn't trade for anything.
Pros
Technical, and personal training and life enrichment opportunities
Day in the live as an AT&T CSR
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 18, 2017
Typical day of work consists of taking 30 to 40 calls a day in which you support the customer in all aspects of their phone service to include technical support and bill management. Management does it role as you would expect they will listen to you, teach you but will also ensure they do their least favorable jobs and take disciplinary actions as needed. The hardest part of the job is probably finding key information to your customer to find sale opportunities. Most enjoyable part is knowing when you have made the day better for your customer whether that is helping to fix a device issue or saving them time or money.
worked at a third party vender center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 18, 2017
worked at a third party vender center called west . I would have no issues working there again if needed. I would not work for att if if was formally Direct TV. Direct TV is a horriable place that just chews and spits people out once they force you to go from regular customer service department to retention.
Pros
flexiable job
Cons
low pay
Too slow paced for me.
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kelso, WAAugust 18, 2017
I help uncover the customers wants and needs, guide them through the interaction and provide the best customer service i can provide.

What I have learned by working for this company is that if you provide the best service possible and really go that extra mile for the customer, they will keep coming back because they feel welcomed.

Management is limited due to no traffic.

The workplace culture is very customer-based. You want to go over the top and really wow the people you interact with. AT&T wants to educate the consumer on how to operate and care for their device, and show your appreciation to the customer.

The hardest part of the job is trying to keep busy for 8 hours a day while the store is void of ANY customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely building a connection with the customer and creating a big sales opportunity with them, AND saving them money.
Pros
One hour lunches, and commission.
Cons
Extremely low traffic, very little sales opportunity.
A lot of sitting....and drama
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 18, 2017
Working for Alorica has its ups and downs. I'm certain that's primarily because it is a call center. There's constantly drama going on, and although I managed to avoid it, it's impossible not to hear about it.
Wire Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 18, 2017
Great place to work at would recommend to anyone. Great environment to work in. I am really happy here and the benefits are second to none. Unfortunately the room for growth is a bit tight.
Sr. Spec Monitoring Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2017
it was ok, I would recommend it. management was fine, pay not great. unable to work from home in a position that would allow it. promotion was minimal.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Productive and fun with great benefits and incentives
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 18, 2017
At&t is a wonderful place to work. Pay is great. Hours can be long. Environment is great. If you work sales your job security is based on performance. If you work in operations it is easy to become overwhelmed and overworked.
Pros
friendly competitive environment
AT&T is downsizing
Area Manager - Ohio Network Dispatch Center (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 18, 2017
Was a great place to work from 1988 until around 2008. Now downsizing and loosing care for employees and customers. I think once the company gets to the right size it could be a good place to work again.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
poor culture of caring
Great environment to be in at the location i was in.
Floater (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38118August 17, 2017
Eager to learn the ropes and guidelines and help out the franchise. Everyday began to get better and easier as I profected my craft. Only down call was the pay, it wasn't exactly a good minimum amount
Not the best Company
Service Executive (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 17, 2017
Company has good pay but once you average out the hours worked it is not that great. Management does not listen to the employees and is more concerned with share holders return.
No work life balance
Culture is Stress
Good pay, but there are too many compensation changes
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jesup, GAAugust 17, 2017
The pay is pretty good, but they change the compensation plans regularly. Have been there almost 2 years and have been a top performer EVERY month, yet still unable to move up in the company. I am seeking a career with a company that offers employees growth and advancement based on performance and execution of duties and work ethic.
Pros
Pay and Benefits are good
Cons
Schedule is by seniority, which means only the employees who have been there the longest get weekends off with their families.
Don't work here if you expect a life outside of work
Wire Technician (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALAugust 17, 2017
Poorest managed company I have ever worked for! Was with DIRECTV before the buyout and the difference is night and day. Management is so worried about losing there they are passing the stress to workers.
Spring Mobile Authorized Retailer
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 17, 2017
It is a great work environment, however the bonus structure is only good if your store gets enough traffic, or if you are short handed and get to work with more customers.
It's a good place to work
Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOAugust 17, 2017
AT&T is filled with opportunities, It's a good place to work, I have learnt a lot on telecom how it works, worked on many telecom applications like OMX, OCX, ADOPT, etc.
great job
Retail Sales Consultant (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYAugust 17, 2017
If you love sales you'll love this employment. You get to meet new people daily and you also get to work at your own pace and or as work is needed and customers are around
Stressed and no place to advance in career development
Lead Ecommerce (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 17, 2017
Lack in career development window and stressful place to implement any new functionalities with the retired technologies. Finally too stress causing because too much dead functionalities .
Productive and Funplace to work
RETAIL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2017
A typical day at AT&T consisted of providing Extraordinary Customer Service to every customer, making work FUN, Observations, Coaching and Development, managing front and back end of business, Operations.
Pros
Cusomer Service
Cons
Irate customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.