AT&T

7.9K reviews

AT&T Employee Reviews

Found 7,701 reviews matching the search
Place to develop and share innovatied ideas
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 6, 2016
AT&T is truly a great place to work. The work environment is very relaxed. With this company you can grow within your department and after your probationary period can apply else where.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
No Health Benefits
Enjoyable, Challenging, Different everyday
SALES COACH, INTERNAL D2D AND VENDORS (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 6, 2016
The day consisted of reviewing data, motivating direct reports, interacting with 3rd party sellers. AT&T taught me how to hire, train, educate, and manage direct reports. My co-workers and I worked together as a team. The most difficult part of the job was imposing discipline in accordance with AT&T guidelines.
I love the diverse responsibility and the challenges of the job.
Professional company
Remotely Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLFebruary 6, 2016
Great company to work for. The entire board of executive showed their positiveness towards working together for company success. The support of each other in the daily assignments resulted in the entire outcome of projects.
Large Corporation
Account Specialist II (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 5, 2016
As an account specialist, promotions were scarce and would require relocation to get into additional fields. Great benefits for employees however.
productive and loving environment
Hadoop Developer (Current Employee) –  NJFebruary 5, 2016
This project is designed to extract raw data from Omniture into CRM Data Store (Hadoop) to create and populate the necessary Hive Tables to aggregate data. CRM data store and EDW gives a complete picture of customer behavior across these various work streams to provide customer targeting and increased conversion rates on marketing efforts.
Great place to work and we do have a ping-pong table ;)
Project lead - Consumer Premise Equipment (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, MD 20871February 5, 2016
Fast-paced environment, but very friendly, and lots of support from management.

Because of the company size expect a lot of video teleconference
You bring the fun with you.
Internet Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day includes signing on and answering calls, assisting with network issues.
What I've learned is that listening is key, and depending on what is said it can get stressful on both sides.
My manager is attentive, my co-workers are fun.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to help and the most enjoyable part of the job, going home.
Pros
Training never stops
Cons
Schedules change weekly, nothing stable, can be a challenge.
Recommendable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 4, 2016
AT&T provided flexible hours that worked well for transitioning from military to civilian life. The pay was sufficient based on experience and the benefits catered to the need of the employer.
AT&T pays very well and has excellent benefits but has no life balance
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leesville, LAFebruary 4, 2016
Worked for AT&T for almost 8 years. Starting out it was a good place to work. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, and the management staff was awesome. After becoming pregnant however working for AT&T was hard to shuffle with my personal life. I never had time for my family at all and missed out on a lot.
Good Place to Work
Technical Support Rep II (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Good company to grow within, very hard to get into other positions but I feel I was taught a lot valuable skills within the position I held.
Pros
The Pay
Cons
Not able to move to other positions easily
Excellent work environment
Senior Manager, Virtualization/Infrastructure Impl (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 4, 2016
As part of DIRECTV, I found the company was outstanding. However, I was laid off before gaining the full AT&T experience.
Good Work Culture
Technology and Implementation Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 4, 2016
I was a contracting Consultant. I loved my job however due to unforseen circumstances I had to change employer.

I would like to come back to AT&T as a contractore
Pros
Good Work Culture
Cons
Short Term Contract
At&t
Professional Tech Program / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 4, 2016
They are doing more with less folks these days. But you can't beat their training program. There is a big push for collaboration and strategic locations. My location was not one of them.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Limited working from home.
Very competitive, you must be able to work alone and be very responsible and on top of your game. Must be available 24 hrs a day, as a System Tech.
System Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day non stop your are working from the time you get in till
you get off and the OT.
I learn so much and went to numerous school to advance my skills to
be up to the Telecommunication Standards or better.
The manager I had were all good and I had good communication with
them.
Co workers were great and everyone of them were very competitive
and sharp and skillful.
The most enjoyable part was the firs 30 minutes and last 30 minutes
of the work day, the comparative among the crew was full of laughter
fun, you had to have a tough skin.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, bonuses, 401k, good vacation
Cons
Short lunch, Micromanagement, stressful at times
Not a friendly work environment,
Wire Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 4, 2016
Very stressful work environment. Does not allow employees freedom of movement, low trust factor, unstable work hours, high termination rate.
Overall it was a good experience working for AT&T
Universal Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 4, 2016
Typical day at work would be to review my calendar to see what meetings and reports were due for the day. Research any open trouble ticket items. Interact with peers and customers to resolve any open issues. Process reports. I have learned many things over the years working at AT&T. One very important item is when communicating with customers, less is always more. Don't over explain. My co-workers were great and very easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to maintain a positive attitude when working with negative customers. The most enjoyable part was working with my peers to discover new ways to address and resolve issues.
Stressful and Life/Health Impacting
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 4, 2016
AT&T Customer Service Specialist job requirements are extremely taxing and draining. Not only do you have to deal with the sometimes overwhelming demands of the customer, but management also applies the same impossible requests.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Stressful Work Environment and Demands
Great company, great people, fun place
Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 3, 2016
AT&T is an amazing company to work for, it gives you the opportunity to develop sales skills and technology knowledge. Typical day involves helping customers with technical issues and with new products & services. Some days are fast paced and other days are very slow.
Pros
benefits, discounts & occasional free lunch
Cons
unstable schedule, internal technical issues
Sales Incentives Recommended
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MNFebruary 3, 2016
I gained a lot of valuable B2B sales experience at AT&T. I would recommend the company offer more sales incentives such as spiffs and monthly bonuses based on results to motivate the top sellers.
Excellent environment pre divestiture.
Engineering management (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, DelawareFebruary 3, 2016
Extremely knowledgeable leadership with real world experience.
Good opportunity for growth and advancement with benefits like tuition aid and on job training.