AT&T

6.9K reviews

AT&T Employee Reviews

Great co workers & management support. Great opportunity gaining knowledge & experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJuly 30, 2015
Company gave me an opportunity to gain additional experience in other positions of the company. I had a great experience learning, gaining knowledge and experience supervising a customer service team. Great support from co workers. We worked as a team.
Fast paced,nfriendly Customer Service Driven
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Issaquah, WAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: commssion plus hourly
Cons: commission layout
Established relationships with customers regarding each of their specific needs, advising, recommending, and satisfying customers, Enjoy working with people.
DBA Admin (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 29, 2015
• Expertise in Oracle Architecture, I/O tuning, Capacity planning, space management, Memory Tuning, Performance tuning, Backups, Recoveries, RMAN backups, Optimization, Networking, Troubleshooting.
Great Opportunity
Finance Coordinator (Contractor) (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Busy all day, every day, and nothing was routine
Cons: Communication skills
The work I did there was quite challenging and rewarding, great environment. Management staff were awesome; however, communication skills were less than desirable 35% of the time. Overall great opportunity, loved the environment, trust and confidence in others attributes and the willingness to help each other out are what AT&T should be most proud of!
Work Flexibility is a key advantage
Project Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Great people, great work experience
Cons: Medical benefits have gotten worse; cost more out of pocket, but I think that's anywhere.
For the 26 years that I worked for AT&T, it was always a flexible work environment, therefore as I continued there after having a family, it was great for me.

There isn't as much training as there used to be, however, I pick up fast so that it wasn't a big deal for me.

A big drawback is the amount of work that is eventually given to one person is enough for 3 people---depending on your organization.

Coworkers have been great as long as I've been there. But I've enjoyed the people that I worked with over the years.

The hardest part is the layoffs/restructuring that is more the norm these days. They're moving in the direction of having more contractors and fewer employees. New employees no longer are pension eligible.
When I think of AT&T I think of family.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Metairie, LAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Incentives
Cons: Work schedule
When I think of AT&T I think of family. This compnay is keen on helping its employees gain knowledge, provide great benefits, and promotes within. My co-workers were team players and the hardest part about this job was the customers not allowing you to help them effectively. The most enjoyable part of this job was the incentives provided to employees who exceeded their requirements.
There's a reason it's been here so long
Administrative Provisioner I (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Learning avenues.
Cons: layoffs
On most days I come in to work with a smile. I work at a company that allows me to live without economic struggle. I know my family is secure. I work with professionals that keep me on my toes so that I can feel I am a valuable member of the team. Everyone has a certain drive to make it right; "because my name is on that!" And we all will work to make sure that the customer has what they need. My manager tries very hard to see you progress in learning things that will sustain you and help you grow. When you do well her manger knows about it. (I love that about her, she is not afraid to let you shine) I have known most of my co-workers for 10 years or more. So the hardest part of my job is leaving it. We are downsizing like everyone else, and believe it or not my seniority is low. People don't like to leave! I will have the same loyalty and effort to offer at a new job. I come with an open mind and a smile.
Rewarding place to work
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 28, 2015
Love helping people resolve issues with service, performance incentives. Hardest part of the job is trying to explain installation delays to customers who want their service installed yesterday.
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), IllinoisJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Free work phones
Cons: None
The most enjoyable part about this job is the technology that you get to demonstrate and own. Technology is steadily changing and you get to experience it first hand with devices that most people cannot live without.
Highly dependent on upper management
Network Manager (Former Employee), North CarolinaJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Hours
Your experience in this company is highly dependent on your immediate local management. Often, local and corporate are on different channels - one is stuck in the old days, the other moving forward. Corporate AT&T is awesome - energizing, completely a great place. The failure to translate the corporate culture into the local structure is measured by the local managements willingness to modernize themselves. Pay is strong for management, however when travel time, required evenings and weekends, and forced coverages for co-workers is factored - the salary translated into hourly pay is middle to low.
Good place to work with great benefits and a fitness center onsite.Great people to work with
Reports Clerk (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Fitness center onsite, flexible schedules
Cons: Not much movement within the company
A really good solid company to work for that offers great benefits - medical, vision, dental and short and long term disabilities. 401k plan with a very good match. Management is very good at letting you do your job, they do not micro-manage. If you need help with something the management team has always been eager to assist or guide you in the direction to find the help you need.
Fast Paced
Leveraged Sales Representative (Current Employee), Cape GirardeauJuly 28, 2015
The money at At&t is great. There is no leeway as far as family or your own health. We mainly receive billing calls or trouble shooting and try and turn them into a sale. Calls are expected to less than 600 minutes to accomplish this.
great company to work for, horrible company to work for.
Mobility Sales and Service (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 28, 2015
Pros: income, job security.
Cons: hours, inflexibilty
never have i ever had the job security, or income based life style previous to working for AT&T. Paid vacation, paid sick days, 401k, and they only promote from within. the down side is you have an extremely limited option on work shifts, and you keep your schedule for 6 mth before bidding for a new one. in order to work 8 - 5, you will have to gain a tenure of at least 3 years, and even then there are no guarantees.
Great
Senior Hyperion Essbase/ Planning (Former Employee), Middletown, NJJuly 28, 2015
Great to work with good environment.
I worked alone and Worked all Situations .
I had good Marketing Team .I had Good Business Team
Good Work place
technical support agent (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLJuly 28, 2015
For the work we had did the pay was reasonable and the establishment was very quite nice with a cafeteria and inside store to purchase food items
fun and great place to work,
Lineman Apprentice (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 27, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: no longer in business
no longer viable company. They listened to their share holders and sold everything off and closed up forever. I wish they were still around
Vindictive Group, Low Pay, Overall Dysfunctional, Poor management
Supervisory (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Telecommuting
Cons: Awful managers
This company has poor management. They allow untrained, vindictive low-level managers to thrive. Very argumentative place. Overall very cold atmosphere. Don't seem to care much about employees
Fast paced money maker!
AT&T Sales Representative (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Lots of pay raises, commission plus hourly
Cons: later hours and holidays
Always doing something and always opportunities to make more money! I see people advance quickly and move around easily.
stressful
SALES REP (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: income
Cons: non rewarding
Customer call customer where they call in regarding their bills and you try to sell them products. Learned there are added fee to bills that we all need to keep close eye out for on our cell phone charges.
Hardest part was no matter how much your sells were for the week and if you were first it wasn't good enough. Companies need to understand pushing your employee is good but rewarding them is even better you would probably get more out of them with better attitudes.
Great company to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Diversity
Cons: Working weekends
AT&T has developed and formed me into a productive and successful employee. I have received enhanced training and coaching to not only perform but excel in my positions held within the company with experience that will carry me afar.
Headquarters