AT&T Employee Reviews in United States

Found 13,135 reviews matching the search
Overall Good company
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2016
This is an amazing company to work for. Benefits are second to none and probably the best work/life balance you will experience. The advancment opportunity is there however it is not the best. overall this is a great company!
Pros
Beneifits
Cons
Advancement structure.
good job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAAugust 25, 2016
i liked working at at&t it was a good work environment, good people, the management was good, the hardest part of the jobs was sitting all day, most enjoyable was you could eat all day
Pros
eat all day, good people
Cons
sitting all day
enjoyable work
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 25, 2016
enjoyable and fun working place
get to meet a lot of people
learning new things everyday
less stressful working environment
Good work life balance
Manager Layer (Former Employee) –  Irving , TXAugust 25, 2016
Enjoyed management opportunities and the opportunities to excel in the company. Good educational benefits within ATT and outside ATT.
Pros
Educational opportunities
Easy going atmosphere and casual dress
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2016
Very relaxed environment; casual setting. Everyone has been very welcoming. A typical day involves being on the phone for 8 hours, dealing with various customer issues from payments to restore service from suspension. It is much than just a collections job.
Pros
Relaxed dress code
Cons
Stats on your call time and transfers
Huddles, massage chair, and video games
Customer Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 24, 2016
Addressing customers technical concerns with the ability and authority to provide necessary credit(s) to prevent detraction.
Team huddle to share best practices and call back reduction guides/tips. Challenging part of the job is the constant schedule changes.
Pros
Bonuses, social entertainments, and free Directv services and AT&T discounts
Cons
constant schedule changes
Good company to learn and apply introductory knowledge in basic networking.
Premises Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
At this company I learned about networking fundamentals and how to apply them. I also learned about routing and was able to gain valuable hands-on experience. I work with a great crew and enjoy interacting with my customers.
Stress express
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cary NCAugust 24, 2016
Management is aweful, pay is lovely, dont expect to keep friends or get any sleep. no one cares if you live or die on the job here. (adding extra because i have to)
Prem Tech Review
Premises Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 24, 2016
Typical day of work includes driving to customer's houses to install ATT Uverse and DirecTV services.

AT&T teaches you about signal flow and standard methods and procedures and you learn the rest in the field.

Management is never the same across different managers. AT&T makes it difficult to succeed by scrutinizing technicians for every little thing. They will put people on discipline with almost no acceptance of human error.

Coworkers are great, but there are always people who do poor work and get away with it.

Hardest part of the job is attic work, climbing poles(if you're scared of heights), and having to deal with picky people.

Freedom to work alone every day.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay, opportunity for advancement
Cons
2.5 years in role to move, no set lunch times, management very quick to write up
At&t
Sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 24, 2016
This is a good company to work for. The best thing about the company is the pay. They have great compensation. However the thing that I dont like about at&t is their morals. They do not care about the exsiting customers. They just want new business. For example the new customers get better deals than the exsiting customers.

Another thing that I dont like is the sales position requires micro management. I feel that I have the abilty to do my job without someone hovering over me every minute of every day.
But to each is own.
Pros
THE PAY
Cons
MICRO MANAGEMENT
Not a horrible place to work.....
Team Leader Customer Retention Group (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 24, 2016
When it was just Directv, it was a great place to work. We had a lot of fun with coming up with ways to provide our agents with additional incentives for performance. Providing games that we could play with taking calls and providing excellent customer service was a way of life. Management was always involved and always visible. There was nothing hard about the job. I always looked forward to being there. When AT&T bought out Directv, management was always tied up in meetings. They no longer allowed us to provide incentives to our agents. It became work. There was nothing fun about working there anymore and we were all told that our jobs would be safe. Then in May of 2016, they told us that they were going to lay off an undisclosed amount of supervisors and managers from there positions.
Pros
When it was Directv, fun environment and you felt that they were invested in your success.
Cons
Directv had no cons, AT&T lied to it's employees right out of the gate.
Great place if you are fulltime employee
SAS Programmer, MAXISIT Solutions, NJ (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILAugust 24, 2016
Great team- very interesting work- telecommute accepted, I worked only for 6 months, so dont have much to say, contract to hire was not an option. They had a good cafetaria on site, manager was understanding and friendly.
Challenging work duties
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 24, 2016
I was responsible for outbound calls to AT&T customers to confirm, cancel, or reschedule AT&T installation appointments. Any changes to the customer's scheduled service/installation appointments were documented to Excel spreadsheets, and then forwarded to the appropriate regional managers to adjust technician service calls.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Very rude co-workers
Being able to help control the facilities
Security Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2016
Face to face communication with clients. Assisting guest with getting up stairs to clients. Knowledge in property management and budgeting funds.
Pros
Interacting with clients and meeting awsome people
Cons
No growth with in the company
Money marker
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 24, 2016
Working at AT&T was an amazing experience! I loved my co workers and employees. Loved learning about all the new and latest technology.
great place to work that doesnt require a degree
rsc (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 24, 2016
good money micromanaged good place for people who are sales and goal driven, long hours no personal life always at work. manger will always be down your neck and you are never right in this company.
good empoyer excellant company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
great company to work for benefits are excellent and so are the employess that I work with and is very professional and family oriented the hardest part of the job is probably when all systems are down and you cant help a customer the most enjoyable part is helping a customer resolve a issue that has been going on for sometime I learned to have compassion and empathy for my customers.
Plenty of hours, long days because of store being short staffed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flemingsburg, KY 41041August 24, 2016
Good place to work. Pay is good when you factor in commission. If the store is short staffed you can expect to work open to close on your own a few days a week.
Pros
Commission, management, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Short staffed with no hurry to fill open positions
An Excellent Company to Work With...
SR. TECHINCAL PROJECT/PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Oakton, VAAugust 23, 2016
- Offers Great Job Work/Life Balance
- Generous Compensation/Benefits
- Well Known Job Security/Advancement
- Very Employee Focused and Management
- Very Positive Job Culture
Pros
Job Security Benefits, Perks
Cons
Not many
Directv was great before AT&T
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 23, 2016
Directv was a wonderful company to work for in every aspect. When AT&T took over everything changed for the negative. No more appreciation/perks for employees, constantly changing schedules and highly demanding schedules (working all weekends and evenings) providing no work/life balance and no accommodations for a life or school schedule. Highly demanding and stressful/strict expectations from management. It became all about making money for the company and they no longer cared for their employees or customers. They also began outsourcing many calls overseas which led to negative experiences for the customers. Directv was a company that I was proud to work for and I had no problems meeting their company expectations and was rewarded for a job well done. With AT&T I felt like I was treating like a machine and not a person and the moral dropped significantly for myself and other co-workers. I would not recommend AT&T as an employer.