AT&T Employee Reviews

Found 7,719 reviews matching the search
call center job
Information Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCFebruary 10, 2016
taking calls nonstop, learned about handling calls in a high work environment. nothing enjoyable about the job in my opinion.
amazing
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 10, 2016
great workplace people here are amazing would recommend it. People were friendly and lots of chance to advance within the company
Productive and fun place to work.
Call Center Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 10, 2016
Learned the functions of multiple departments and vendor centers. Handled many special projects. Worked out of State on many occasions. Normal day to day activities were training and coaching agents on my team. Assisting with taking customer escalations, payroll, potential new hire interviews and review performance reports on the team
Pros
Energetic
Cons
Software Tools
not such a fun place to work
customer service/ tech support (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 10, 2016
Lots of micro managing. They treat people like slaves. They want you to be happy because the pay pretty well but you take a lot of unnecessary lashing out for that pay. A lot of their employees die on the job. They clean the desk and fill it with someone making less money if they fill it at all.
Pros
steady pay check
Cons
you will get physically sick with something
Customer Service
Convergys IT Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYFebruary 10, 2016
Customer Service representative for AT&T. A normal day at work consisted of answering inbound calls from AT&T customers that had issues, concerns, and questions about their products/services. I learned the customer service experience is reliant upon how well the customer service representative treats his and her customers, and how quickly the representative is able to solve issues, and answer any questions about those services. Management did a tremendous job of training every employee on the best ways to do your job better. They were able implement 1 on 1 training sessions weekly for any questions you may have, issues that may come up with the software and programs as well. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who have already called in recently, but still had trouble with their services. The most enjoyable part of the job was resolving the customer's issue and hearing the excitement from the them over the phone.
Pros
Healthcare; Work schedule
Cons
Cubicle work space
Look for another place to work
SD&A (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOFebruary 9, 2016
none of the other reviews are the truth, training did not apply to any thing you will find on the job, the co-workers, some are helpful but they all are looking for a way to make them self look good, and there are not skills here that you can take to another place, I would not recommend this job.
Going to a customer house only to find the tech before your did not do a good job, and it will take longer than the time they give you which is 35mins to fix it, and do not even think about calling your manger or duty manger about it.

And that is just scratching the surface....... I would not go back to that job.
Pros
Cons
no time to do the job the way they train you too, really long days
Network provisioning analyst
Network Provisioning Analyst (Current Employee) –  new jersey middletownFebruary 9, 2016
Dedicated Network Analyst proficient at handling multiple projects and complex systems
with experience providing technical services and support. Proven success at troubleshooting and successful resolution of database/field discrepancies. Detail oriented with an innate ability to understand circuit design and monitor cross connects for live signal or traffic.
great place to work. I was always trained on the latest technologies
Central Office Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2016
I enjoyed my day at work.My day was balanced between installing new service and maintaining existing service. I learned how to work with new technologies, and I learned how to deal with a variety of people, fellow workers nd mamagement alike. The hardest part of my job was working on jobs with defined dead lines, the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting these deadlines and seeing a project completed.
Enjoyed my co-workers and managers
Order Writer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 8, 2016
I enjoyed my period at AT&T (Formerly Pacific Bell/SBC). My typical day at work was making sure the customer got their request met & trying to resolve their complaints. I learned that others believed in me more than I believed in me. My co-workers were knowledgeable and always helped me if I didn't understand a certain system. My manager was honest and a real role model for labor-management relations. The hardest part of the job was When I just could not give the customer what they wanted. The most enjoyable was when the customer would write a commendation and I could forward it to the manager of the employee. Commendations are rare.
Pros
Fun people, participating in bucket challenge & local charities
Fun and good pay
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 8, 2016
It is a fun place to work but it can be very stressful. they are constantly changing the commission structure and how you get paid. so expect to have to adapt quickly.

Want to know more about AT&T?

Ask a question
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 8, 2016
• Receiving inbound calls from customer to provide with basic/advanced troubleshooting for issues with DSL Modems and internet issues
High compensation and great benefits with older tech stack development environment
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 8, 2016
Same benefits as Walmart, but higher compensations and great benefits. More technical and soft personal training opportunities. Company under went monolopy Divestiture in1985 and was always in forced management layoffs since the beginning of my hire. Layoffs eventually affected my team in 2004. I left the company with many good skills and experiences that I use today.
Pros
High compensation and benifits. Available technical and personal training opportunities
Cons
Constant layoffs and older technolog environment
Each day was differnt
Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 8, 2016
Task varied from day to day this made the position very interesting and challenging.
The best part of working for this company was truly the employees and my direct management.
Pros
Discounted services
Cons
No work life balance
Love My Job
Tech Support II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2016
Love working here and the benefits and discounts on the there products are wonderful. I love doing tech support and helping customer and the company gives us up to date training on how to do our job with thing changing daily.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
long drive to work but worth it
Great Learning experience
Mobility Service Manager Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 7, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was applying my knowledge. It was a great experience to have worked and assisted Enterprise clients. The hardest part was the lack of communication with Sales
Unable to comment on current status. When I worked for the company I was very happy
Sales Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAFebruary 7, 2016
During my last year of working 2006 I would typically manage 8-10 projects for high level clients in the Monterey area. I worked closely with inner depts in accomplishing the implementation of large networks.

I learned the high level network configurations for data networks and software defined network systems. These at the time were state of the art services.

I appreciated my co-workers they were all great people and we got along.

The hardest part of the job was meeting client expectations. Many days worked overtime to meet the customers needs.

The most enjoyable was meeting their needs and seeing how happy they were with the outcome of networks installed.
Pros
Bonuses for jobs well done
Cons
Place to develop and share innovatied ideas
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 6, 2016
AT&T is truly a great place to work. The work environment is very relaxed. With this company you can grow within your department and after your probationary period can apply else where.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
No Health Benefits
Enjoyable, Challenging, Different everyday
SALES COACH, INTERNAL D2D AND VENDORS (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 6, 2016
The day consisted of reviewing data, motivating direct reports, interacting with 3rd party sellers. AT&T taught me how to hire, train, educate, and manage direct reports. My co-workers and I worked together as a team. The most difficult part of the job was imposing discipline in accordance with AT&T guidelines.
I love the diverse responsibility and the challenges of the job.
Professional company
Remotely Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLFebruary 6, 2016
Great company to work for. The entire board of executive showed their positiveness towards working together for company success. The support of each other in the daily assignments resulted in the entire outcome of projects.
Large Corporation
Account Specialist II (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 5, 2016
As an account specialist, promotions were scarce and would require relocation to get into additional fields. Great benefits for employees however.