AT&T
6,282 reviews

AT&T United States Employee Reviews

wasnt a big fan
Tech support level 2 (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 5, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: horrible hours, manages dont work with you on advancement, micro managed and bad pay.
This place was a pretty bad place to work. The managers were good people, but the pay and hours were horrible. I wanted to move up in the company and there was pretty much no oppurtunities to do that at all. Thats why I left the company so quickly.
good
Premis Technician (Former Employee), houston txMay 5, 2015
good training for customer service and food prep. friendly staff and management. great experience and oppurtunities to move up.
Job is below par
IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 5, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
You can probably find any better company than AT&T. This company only believes about the bottom dollar. Say goodbye to any chance of being a person. Get used to being ab1234, because you are only a number and gear in the AT&T machine.
enjoy working outdoors
Prem Technician (Current Employee), Franklin Park, ILMay 5, 2015
Go to customer's home and do the best that i can do each and everyday that i report to work
managers at this company are not the greatest, my co-workers for the most part are nice and easy to get alone with
everyday is a challenge and you meet new people all the time, which is the most enjoyable part of being out on the field, not one single day is a boring day.....i'm a people person and i enjoy helping others
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and compensation plans
Cons: Work holidays.
If you work hard opportunities are available to move up within the company. Lots of training to get you all the tools to be successful.
Loved this job!!!
Central Office Associate (Former Employee), Orange, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Being appreciated by immediate supervisors/management.
Cons: Being just a number to upper management, not being valued.
In an ever changing communications company, the immediate managers/supervisors always included me in everything. Always felt appreciated by peers & superiors, which made me want to go to work and do a great job. I knew what to prioritize and keep confidential at any place and time. Sometimes last minute changes were challenging but everything always got done and on time.
na
Premises Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 4, 2015
The pay was competitive but the job was micro managed and very stressful. The training was not very good either. The managers seemed to be after personal gain and against the technicians.
Great company to work for
Senior Technical Associate II (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GaMay 4, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed working for AT&T
Cons: Outsourced
I enjoyed my 25 years with AT&T and the many different positions I held. Was outsourced and well, new events in history began.
fun
Representative (Former Employee), Renton, WaMay 4, 2015
great place, great employees, great training.
Always busy, free time when no traffic.
Great commisson, had to leave for school, apply here if you want to make good money and enjoy the job.
Sometimes challenging environment
Premises Technician (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: awesome co-workers
Cons: short lunches, long hours
Typical day includes installing Internet, TV and phone services. Learning how to properly wire a house to provide AT&T coverage.
Energetic and very forward thinking work environment
Director of Public Affairs (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 4, 2015
Pros: Very stable company
Cons: Promotions opportunities are only available in Dallas and Atlanta
Love working here. Have been with the company for almost 20 years but my family is in the east coast and opportunities are mostly in Texas.
great place to work with great co workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: One reason I particularly enjoy this business, and the challenges that go along with it, is the opportunity to connect with people.
Cons: working at call center can be very stressful
Answer incoming calls from 22 states for sales, service, and billing. Handle initial customer requests, and transfer calls to appropriate department. Discuss billing and payment issues and negotiate future payments with customers. Troubleshoot incoming service calls when possible, and forward to technical support when required. Calm angry callers, repair trust, and locate resources for problem resolution, while exceeding customer expectations and building long-term loyalty.
Perform detailed inquiries of new customers to determine and recommend most appropriate phone and other services, and inform customers of mandatory disclosures. Prepare orders for regular phone service, Uverse fiber optic service, AT&T wireless services, and DSL. Present additional products and services, and up sell existing services when possible. Utilize a variety of company databases to verify and enable customer services, track customer returns, and investigate payments; regularly have 30-40 browsers open. Speak with customers considering leaving AT&T, and suggest alternate services to retain business. Provide feedback to management on issues with new promotions and system operation.
Productive and Fun
Call Rep (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMay 3, 2015
Answering telephones and helping customers enjoy their service. I was able to assist in sales as well as customer service.
AT&T
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Frisco, TXMay 3, 2015
I love coming into work everyday knowing you have a helpful team to work with. Management ran their daily tasks, resolved any customer escalations and coached all employees smoothly and efficiently. I mostly enjoyed interacting with customers and knowing I'm helping others connect to their world via technology. I have a passion for technology and it felt great when I would have customers coming back to specifically see me because they trusted my work.
Fast Paced
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 3, 2015
Pros: Good starting pay
Cons: Micro-Management, poor coaching, poor corporate care
Working for AT&T came with too many expectations that could not be met by most employees or supervisors. Although the technology aspect was fun to do, the system and equipment constantly failed and customers were very disappointed in the company service altogether.
Wonderful
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Joplin, MOMay 3, 2015
Pros: Many
Cons: Few
This was the best company I had ever worked for. Great pay, benefits, and atmosphere. No other call center has ever been able to meet the standards I learned to expect from AT&T.
Productive and Competitive Sales Job
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Hours
Very competitive job but well worth it. Comfortable and very easy to learn everything you need to know. Hours are kind of rough if you have a family. Everyone is friendly and training is offered so there's no need to worry if you don't know anything because you will learning anything and everything there is to know.
great company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2015
great company to work for , excellent benefits, great pay, potential for growth. overall a great company to work for. would work there again
good company to work for
Technical Associate (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILMay 2, 2015
I worked for AT&T for almost 14 years. It is a good company to work for. Even though I was laid off, and not happy about that, I do understand that things happen.

I did learn some new skills --
reading and explaining phone bills (for business customers)
learned how to file FMLA papers for AT&T employees
how to order cable for the technicians to do their jobs
also how to receipt in that cable -- transfer to other jobs, as needed

My co-workers were a big help in both my positions at AT&T.

To begin with, one of the most enjoyable parts of my job is that it was so close to home -- and had good benefits. Then one of the hardest parts of my job was when I was transferred to Hoffman Estates, IL and drove 65 miles one way to get to work. Even then, I was very thankful to have a job -- with good benefits.

Overall, I believe AT&T is a good, solid company.
Great team to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edgewater, MDMay 2, 2015
Pros: If you push yourself you have the potential to make money
Cons: No benefits
Finding new customers by going through folders and making cold and hot calls, also going door to door, business to business trying to pull in new residential and small business clients. While in the store I make sure the customer is informed on all of our new devices and plans so they can make the best choice for them and their family. After making a sale is when I start making sure the customer can’t say no to the accessories I'm selling them by giving them reasons and statistics about what would happen if they didn't buy them. So I have a lot of experience in up selling

1 2 3 4 5

About AT&T

At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great – Read more

AT&T Salaries