AT&T Employee Reviews

Found 13,367 reviews matching the search
Great Benefits
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 19, 2016
The benefits keep me here. The insurance is great and affordable. They are paying for my college! I just wish the compensation did not continue to decrease, but I do see the benefits/comp as a package deal. AS far as retail goes, it is the best, easiest, least stress, sales position you can get. The job is not hard, but you will deal with your share of jerks. Management is good, and just remember, it's not what but who you know if you want to advance.
Pros
Discounts, benefits, stress-level
Cons
compensation changes, schedule changes, Retail in general
An awesome place to work where your sole purpose is the ability to motivate others to a common goal.
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Analyze - The ability to look at data and decipher it into a way that can be beneficial to your team
Motivate - Find what motivates an individual to complete a common goal
Coach - Coach to an individual and having them better themselves in doing so
Develop - With so many direct reports, you have the chance to develop them into leaders
Learn - There is always something to learn in this business
Grow - Grow outside your boundaries.
It was a fun working place, because I got to meet good people, and from time to time we get to go out for luch meetings.
Senior Record Clerk/Secretary (Former Employee) –  New NYAugust 23, 2016
A typical day at work was when I satisfied my customer needs.
I got to learn other people views on life, and family values. One of the things I enjoyed most was setting up meetings for clients, making airline reservation, hotels, and car rentals for the clients. I got to meet the people I spoke with from the airport by being invited to lunch as a business meeting. That was fun.
Due to being through a third party
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 23, 2016
I am not directly employed for ATT although i would love to be its the place that has the Att account thats the problem. Very unprofessional and just a hard time enjoying coming to a place and enjoying the business and providing all that is needed for Att customers to enjoy their service and their info Poor training and the place is not clean and there are rats, bats and spiders i was bit by a spider there due to teir negeligence and was out of work for a year horrible but Att is worth working for just dont go for a third party company
It was fun when working with certain customers
SALES RETAIL CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 21, 2016
During my tenure at my AT&T it was a love / hate relationship. I loved working with my co workers and working with customers but, hated management. multiple times I've had people come in and tell that the manager didn't had leadership skills and they could tell. But besides that I loved the customers and my co workers they were mostly kind spirited and I was always so happy, and energetic that even the angriest left happier than they came in.
Pros
great customers, fantastic employees
Cons
used deceptive hiring tactics, lied about pay
At&t
Sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 24, 2016
This is a good company to work for. The best thing about the company is the pay. They have great compensation. However the thing that I dont like about at&t is their morals. They do not care about the exsiting customers. They just want new business. For example the new customers get better deals than the exsiting customers.

Another thing that I dont like is the sales position requires micro management. I feel that I have the abilty to do my job without someone hovering over me every minute of every day.
But to each is own.
Pros
THE PAY
Cons
MICRO MANAGEMENT
Fun depending on who you work with
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 7, 2016
Hands down one of the best companies i have worked for over the years, they defiantly compensate you well. Vacation time, 401k the works. I will say this the commission structure changes frequently so making money can be difficult at times. Management changes very often which can be difficult especially when you get used to one managers style of leadership. It is a fast paced industry so get ready for changes weekly. Quotas can also be very demanding but its a sales position that is expected.
Pros
compensation, benefits, paid training
Cons
work life balance, micro management
Co workers were great
CUSTOMER SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 13, 2016
It was difficult to see a company have poor integrity they have customers calling in regarding billing issues however it’s really a sales office with representative who is told to answer the questions as quickly as possible and then attempt to upgrade them to higher services and to overcome the objections at least 3 times. Even if they want to cancel or close a account just not great treatment of the customers
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
Horrific management
you can go home knowing you made some one happy that day
Premises Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 22, 2016
a typical day starts at 8am or 10am, 8am for am shifts and 10am for pm shifts.

I learned to work in difficult situations and how to read a customer voice and body language.

managers are helpful and if your doing the right thing they will always have your back.

co-workers are always there for help and information

the hardest part of the job in my opinion is the unknown problems that can not be foreseen.

the part of the job I most enjoyed was being able to change a customers mood from frustrated to satisfied.
a good place to work if your are in full time school and need a part time job
wifi technical support (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 5, 2016
A typical day at work is to make sure your on time and not even one minute late cause you will get a write up.
Then you will take calls to help guest with their devices to connect to the WiFi the whole time you our on the clock, which is a constant ongoing calls.
The worst part of the job is getting angry customers in the beginning of the call.
The part I like about this job is that it is a great entry job in learning about networks and technical troubleshooting.
Pros
great workplace, gym, cafe, game room, can do homework for school.
Cons
short breaks, on time calls so cant be a minute late
None cares about management employees
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYAugust 27, 2016
The sales reps have the Union to back them on any HR issues or other work related issues. The management, not so much. The ASM team gets away with everything and coddled by the Area Manager, all while the store manager gets dumped on. They cannot keep store managers longer than 6 months and its a wonder why? HR, who says that they are there to help, does not. They are rude and nasty to store manager and only see things as one sided. Terrible company to work for!!!
Not always on point
Manager Planning and Engineering/ Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 27, 2016
Toward the end of my career, technology was changing it seemed faster than upper level management could come up with a plan to use it. It became more of a "get a bigger hammer" approach in which customers were more up to date on new services before the employees of the company. The executive level had "BIG PICTURE" plans, and didn't always have that plan come down the pipe for employees. Some employees were swamped with work, and others looked at Facebook all day. Middle management had no concern about the distribution of work as long as SOMEONE did it.
In my office it was very much WHO you knew or were related to that determined if you got raises or promotions.
fun work place
Inventory management (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WASeptember 7, 2016
Worked at AT&T for two and half years. Typical work day I follow my calendar and any extras that need to be done by end of day. I've learned a lot working for the company from inventory, merchandising to coaching peers. The management is pretty cool everyone knows each other in the company. I for the most part love my co-workers you get to meet so many different people. The hardest part of the job is scheduling. There is no set schedule which makes balancing your personal life very difficult. Most enjoyable part is the atmosphere at work, we always have fun at work which is hard to come by.
Pros
hour lunch, paid holidays and vacays
Cons
stores hours, no life balance
International company with an outstanding reputation.
Assistant Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedminster, NJSeptember 3, 2016
I started by career in property management here and learned from skilled HVAC and other engineers about the industry. AT&T provided training and paid for most of my education. It was enjoyable that each day I was assigned to a different engineer and learned something different as a result. The work was hard, but the experience was very exciting. Management was not often seen or had much interaction with the engineers or the assistants daily. This did make it hard to get things done if there was a problem.
The job culture at AT&T was that of a large family that you belonged to.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
30000 employee lay-offs over several years.
Good Job to work
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 13, 2016
AT AT&T a typical work day requires Troubleshot and resolve problem encountered by district wide users of various servers, mainframes, and other computer technologies. Provide technical support to end users regarding computer hardware and software installs. Test and certify terminating networking cabling systems
Provide network administration to include LAN troubleshooting and resolution. Customer education through step by step process for troubleshooting hardware issues
Pros
Great Job
Cons
Great Job
good but not so good
chat mobility tech support (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2016
AT&T is a good company with great benefits, however the management there is poor. Alot of harassment and racism is the reason I'm looking for another job, although i love my job its not a good working environment to be in. Its sad when you report these things happening to you its a slow process due to the managers, area managers, and director work together and cover up alot of things that shouldn't be covered such as harassment and racism.
Pros
great benefits, flexible schedule laid back
Cons
harrassment and racism
great place to work
Premises Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2016
A typical day starts off with you hitting the button for a job. Once you receive your job you survey it run your test then you make the call to the customer. letting your customer know what you will be doing when you arrive and how long it will take for you to get to the customer premise. I love to interact with my customer and show them the in's and outs of their service. the hardest part about the job is when I can't fix their service that day and I have to relay that to the customer.
You can have a career here but you have to be able to bend without breaking.
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 22, 2016
Good company to work for! Management doesn't stand behind their employees and the Union is a JOKE! If you can bleed AT&T and don't mind giving up most of your time this is the company for you. Don't have a bad day and remember at AT&T the customer is the ONLY one that is right!! Don't settle for a lower salary when applying, you will be stuck with it throughout your career. No experience take no less then $15 hr. No two managers alike so if you get used to doing things under one and switch management expect changes and not necessarily for the best.
Room for advancement
Certified Instructor-Trainer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 29, 2016
AT&T is a great company to work for and to partner with, I have learned a lot working for this company such as: stability, dedication and committee. Being a Trainer, they groomed me to handle great pressure while supervising and managing responsibilities in a timely manner. I enjoy working here because I am able to meet a lot of people. One of the hardest thing that I had to encounter was to get adjust to the switch shifts, but with the help of my manager, co-workers and family it was easy for me to adjust.
Pros
I was able to set my own breaks and lunches
Cons
being flexible
Good company that is changing
Senior/Business Management (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2016
Overall I was happy, spending 14 years with AT&T counting merged time from BellSouth. The benefits are still solid, there was a pension for management, and there are a lot of opportunities. They try to reinvest in employees, but the hiring process is a mess and it feels like they are trying to change the company to cater to millennials rather than their existing workforce.
Pros
Good training, solid benefits, stability
Cons
Poor hiring process, seem to be more interested in making it cool for millennials than anything else