AT&T Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,696 reviews matching the search
helped pay for my education as well as one of my sons Masters degree
Contract Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 28, 2016
Overall AT&T was a good place to work, however in the last 10 years the company was only interested in the bottom line and not the welfare and security of the employees. Very Stressful environment.
Safety is mandatory
Outside Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 28, 2016
Safety is important. I got fired for minor safety issues. My boss and coworkers are awesome. The company as a hole is bearable.
productive office with addtional training
Revenue Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJune 28, 2016
Answering and handling up to several hundred calls per day.
When you are speaking with that many people who have concerns and questions about their accounts and charges, as well as getting payments from them could sometimes be challenging. However,
the general atmosphere of the office I worked in was positive. This helped overcome any difficulties.
The continued training kept us up to date with the new technologies.
Pros
good compensation and generous benifits
Cons
High pressure
Good Pay & Benefits
Manager & Sales Coach (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 28, 2016
Much is expected but the rewards are solid
If you are willing to relocate there are a lot of opportunities to advance
Management positions do not come with much training, you learn as you go...sort of a trial by fire
Pros
Pay & Benefits
Cons
Lack of training in some positions
Not a bad place to work.
Network Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NY, Dayton, NJ, Piscataway, NJJune 28, 2016
Management was good. I learned a lot about the telecommunications world and it's equipment. The hardest part was dealing with the miscommunication within the company as a whole.
Pros
Benefits, High Salary
Cons
Unpaid Lunch, Bargained employees
A family like team working together to succeed.
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 28, 2016
I can honestly say that I work with amazing people who stride to better themselves and also better each other.
Laid back work place with the newest AT&T technology
Salesman/Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAJune 27, 2016
Each day there was a goal set by the manager to attain. I learned how to successfully connect with customers while selling and providing answers to any questions asked.
Pros
Discount on product
Cons
Lack of sales some months
Best place I've ever worked
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 27, 2016
It's definitely not for everybody. Long hours(10-14hour days), sometimes a 6day workweek without warning, I was given a 5day notice that I was gonna be sent up to Kansas for a month, I found out on my honeymoon. All and all if you can put up with some harsh work environments and some angry people, its a great job. I loved every minute of it
Pros
Good pay with unlimited overtime whether you want it or not
A great place to work
ACCT. REP / SEN. OFFICE CLERK/ BILL PROC. CLERK (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 27, 2016
A big team in each of my assignments. Kept me busy and I learned alot during all of these positions. A professional place to work
Cons
WORKING DOWNTOWN WAS A CHALLENGE WITH PARKING AND WALKING FROM SO FAR AWAY
Good work place
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 27, 2016
Excellent company to work for, and to work with, would work with the company in the future. No other statements or problems, will update later
Fun and fast paced.
Business Client Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 27, 2016
You are always in classes learning about new products and how to implement them. Its fun and faced pace. I worked in the billing department for business clientele only. The bills are printed in mass format so mistakes can and will happen. Policies allow you to fix those billing issues and retain customer. The hardest part of the job is dealing with transferring the customer to other departments.
Pros
Always something fun going on for the representatives.
Cons
You get complacent on calls due to the repetitiveness of simple fix issues..
Great place to work well rewarding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 27, 2016
It's was always busy but helping customer and giving them the best results was a great feeling. While working there I learned to have patience and to listen to obtain the problem in order to find a solution. My supervisor was always available to assist in areas that I could not solve example calling another department and speaking with that departmental supervisor in order to get a work order completed immediately. My co-workers where the best we always tried to help each other we worked as a team when we needed to. The hardest part of the job was always not be able to completely satisfy a customer or solve there problem immediately because not all could be cleared in 1 day.
Pros
healthcare, good work enviorment
Cons
short lunches depending on your schedule
Great place to work, too bad our call center was closed!
WORKFLOW SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 27, 2016
We went from being a full-service call center (customer service, technical service and collections) to a collections-only call center after AT&T bought out Dobson Communications. Our employees made the transition quite seamlessly. However, AT&T eventually closed the center to streamline their operations. They gave us a generous severance package and gave employees the option of leaving within the week for a slightly smaller package or staying until the end for a slightly larger package. And we were allowed to look for work during paid breaks and our lunch hours. So it was about as win-win as a company can make it for the employees under such circumstances. However, what really irked me is that they didn't let us ride out the remainder of our employee contracts on our cell phone plans. Sure- take away my job, double my cell phone bill and hold me to the contract? I can see such terms if an employee leaves of their own choice. But really? Poor show, gentlemen.
Great opportunity to thrive.
Senior Network Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEJune 27, 2016
While working for AT&T I have experienced explosive growths in my abilities to learn new technologies and mentor other network engineers. I am constantly challenged with client requests in a secure enterprise data center environment. AT&T management is very open to the engineering staff in regards to recommendations and seeks advice on a daily basis. Life at AT&T is rewarding as the company notices and rewards outstanding service to both the company and its clients.
Pros
Good management team, constant work.
Cons
Lean staffing which makes work/life balance a bit shaky.
productive
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJune 26, 2016
great job was fun I enjoyed it and people my coworkers were fun and honest a pleasure to be around really good company I would do it again
I only stayed for the pay
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 26, 2016
There was not a lot of jobs where I am at so I had to suffer here for 9 years. Finally they shipped our jobs overseas. Managers were good but Job/work life was horrible. Sick kid too often would get you suspended. Advancement only went to suck ups (my numbers were good too).
Pros
pay/benefits
Cons
job security/work life
Loved working for AT&T
NCFS Customer engineer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 26, 2016
Best job I ever had. I would love to work for them again. I still have friends and managers that i keep in touch with. Was like working with family.
Pros
Great pay and co-workers
Cons
Travel
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 26, 2016
Its a great place to work. They have great pay and benefits.
Can't beat the work/life balance.
This was one of the most satisfying jobs I have ever had. It provided challenges and rewards unlike any other. There was a balance between work, community and family that allowed for location, remote and virtual workspace give a sense of accomplishment and truly made me feel as if I was making a difference. The culture and values of the company made me more socially aware and active.
serious about sales goals and can be a fun place to work depending on management
AT&T Consumer and Business Sales (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 26, 2016
Potential earnings good but difficult to keep up with product and technology changes. Constant change to goals and compensation structure. Customers a challenge but generally appreciative of efforts to assist them. Union work environment with combative management.
Benefits
Cons
pay structure, management, union
AT&T Review
Manager (Current Employee) –  Southeast RegionJune 26, 2016
This company is a demanding, results oriented company. They provide lots of training to develop employees to get to the next level. They expect their employees to be laser focused on work - leaving little to no time for family or personal life.
Pros
Employee discounts on service
Cons
Work/life balance