AT&T
4,842 reviews

AT&T Employer Reviews

Challenging and rewarding culture
Strategic Account lead (Former Employee), PhoenixSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: brand
Cons: travel
Leader in the telecommunications industry. Typical day working at this company was well supported with management that really knew their roles and the internal business and the industry. Tools and systems were minimal and very easy to use and made the job very easy to navigate. Engineering staff and support was the best in the industry, always knew – more... and understood the customers requirements and our capabilities and always put the sales personnel first. – less
Design Specialist
Design Specialist (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MichiganSeptember 15, 2014
Work with engineers on designing line layouts and tasks that need to be completed for the job.

Since being here I have learned CAD drawing

Management has a very structured environment and are "firm but fair"

Hardest part of the job was learning all acronyms
life balance
SALES SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Fort Lee, NJSeptember 15, 2014
i would not reccommend this job for people with small children due to the hectic hours
Team members are fun to work with.
Professional Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: virtual presence, company discounts, lots of leading technology
Cons: annual surplusing.
The work is fast paced. Usually you can work virtually so that helps with your home life. Company discounts (if in your area) are very nice too. Problem with AT&T is they are constantly downsizing, right-sizing, cutting, whatever you want to call it. Every year you wonder if you will fall under the Surplusman's blade.
Directory Assistance Operator
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee), Worthington, OHSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: relocation and new career.
Cons: not able to receive the training and equipment necessary.
Promoted from Directory Assitance Operator to Telecommunications Specialist by testing. Outperformed peers scoring in the 90% bracket.
Great place in a pinch
Premise Technician (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: great pay, opportunity for travel, training
Cons: no home life, away from family, 10-12 hr work days mandatory...
Great job, but there are limitations.Unfair blame, unrealistic expectations,sometimes hazardous working environments.
Slow and fast paced at the same time
RETAIL SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), North Babylon, New YorkSeptember 13, 2014
A typical day at work is never guaranteed. Really depends upon the customer base and the amount of traffic that you get for the day.
Working at AT&T was a great experience
Information Services Assistant (Former Employee), Orangeburg, SCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great bonuses
Cons: training was very extensive
My training was very informative. My co-workers were very nice and helpful. I was recognized for my execellent performance and customer service skills.
High paying secure job
Special Services Associate (Former Employee), Muncie, INSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: good pay & benefits. satisfaction. independence
Cons: weather, long hours
I worked outside in all weather conditions. The worst the weather got, the more work there was repairing storm damage etc. I felt I was well compensated for what I was asked to do.
I learned how to work on my own and to rely on my own skills to get the job done. Also how to communicate with customers to make sure they were happy with service we supplied.
For – more... the most part immediate supervisors left us alone to do our work. If the customer was happy, they were happy.
The hardest part of the job was the physical work outside in the weather. Indiana winters can be brutal at times. I was on call and had to be available all hours in any weather.
The favorite part was the satisfaction of a job well done in adverse conditions. The customers appreciate the effort needed to keep them on line. – less
Great
QA Engineer (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Great working environment. Enjoyed and learned. It was a great experience.
AT&T isnt for everyone
U-verse installation technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2014
very strict by the book company. Training is awesome. If your a single parent raising a child on your own this isn't the job for you. Long hours worked until you finish your assignment. Pay attention to the training because you'll need it in the field.
Provided valuable education to customers
Consumer Data Support Analyst (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 12, 2014
Able to collaborate and resolve new issues.
Excellent training on diagnostic tools.
Close knit co-worker support.
Productive ad fun place to work
Implementation Manager Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: receive bonus every year
Cons: travel distnce to job
A 25 year career made many life time friends ad learned many new technologies.
Productive and fun work place
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Fitzgerald, GASeptember 11, 2014
My job gives me the ability to meet new people and I enjoy working with each one of my co workers
Fast paced, challenging, fullfulling
Customer Service/ Trouble Shooting Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: over time
Cons: unproductive managers
A typical day at work for me is filled with plenty phone calls approximately 150-300 phones calls and responding to umpteen emails. I learned patience and strategy on how to deal with customers. The hardest part of my job was dealing with difficult customers. My most enjoyable part of the job was making customers happy.
Great job but not time for family
Senior Dispatch Technician (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 11, 2014
Pros: learned a lot of how the field oprations work
Cons: being out in the weather
A typical day at the phone company was calling your customers and informing them that you are scheduled to come to their home for a repair or install. I learned how to install and repair telephone lines, trouble shoot, DSL, internet trained. Been to every school to further my knowledge at att. Loved all of the guys I worked with, always willing to help – more... each other out in any situation. Hardest part of the job was to be in the rain. The most enjoyable for me was being in a different location each day meeting new people and cultures, and leaving the customers smiling. – less
One of the best work experiences to have
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), CASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great opportunities
Cons: upper management decisions
This was my first retail job, I learned that this job field has a lot of opportunities to maximize on money this is what started my hunger for a higher position in the retail world.
Senior Office Clerk
Senior Office Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: problem solving
Cons: unresolved issued
Process customer payments, research and locate miss-applied payments. Also collect on past due amounts.
AT&T
Customer Sales Support Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: sometimes free meals
Cons: sales
A typical day is answer phone, sales, answer question, set up account, which is extremely fast past. I love the people I work with,, including management. The hard part is selling in such a recess, and knowing it can impact your job. They big when it comes to rewarding you or the office as a whole make the day go by. Great company overall!
A company that has evolved and offers more than telephone service.
Sales Coach Manager (Former Employee), St Louis, MoSeptember 10, 2014
A typical day of work consist of answering calls from several different states.

Learned how to change with technology.

Management is there for the reps.

Co-workers were like family.

Hardest part of the job. nothing

The most enjoyable part of the job is the friends that turn into family.

1 2 3 4 5

About AT&T

At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great – Read more