AT&T
6,039 reviews

AT&T Employer Reviews

Productive, with daily challenges
Prem Tech (Current Employee), Mount View, WIMarch 31, 2015
Pros: on the go
Cons: lack of help
Start my shift by grabbing materials my truck doesn't have.
Call customers letting them know I'm on the way and confirm order.
drive to destination.
hook up materials for service to reach customers house.
Explain to customers what i would have to do and start working outside the house running new Cat 5 lines where needed and hook up tv, internet, and or phone lines.
register customer and make sure everything works.
continue doing so through the day until last job has been done.
drive back to the shop and unload vehicles trash.
A company to grow with
Telephone Internet Sales/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 31, 2015
A company that has excellent employee relations. With good job performance, promotions and advancements are likely. Alot of required of you. Which pushes to learn more.
Exciting place to work at
Sr. Specialist+ - Network Design Engineer (Former Employee), New York NYMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Working on new technologies
Cons: Not too many young professionals in the workforce
As innovative technology company ATT is a great place to work at any stage of you career. I was involved in many special projects such as building communication infrastructure for Sochi Olympics. Every project was different and that's what make it interesting. You are not stuck in the same routine every day. And of course competitive pay/bonus is always a plus.
Not the best work environment and culture
Program/Project Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: a few nice co-workers
Cons: Negative work environment and culture.
The treat contractors as if they are insignificant and replaceable, and underpaid. It is not a transparent or team effort work environment. If you come up with new ideas or better more efficient ways of doing things, you are ignored and viewed as a threat. When new orgs/departments are created and executed management starts them from scrap and don't implement full or even partial current processes, procedures and standards to get themselves off the ground.
WebSphere Administrator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
good incentives
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Peoria, ILMarch 31, 2015
Customers would call with billing issues.Many were very rude and upset and yelled. Management was unhelpful. Work days were long and stressful.
Busy Job
Service & Sales Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Benefits and Education are superb
Cons: Change is inevitable in every environment.
A typical day at the company would be busy handling customer disputes, inquiries and general request. The atmosphere on some days would be intense. Usually Mondays and Fridays are more challenging due to the volume of customers and the workload. Through AT&T, Legacy BellSouth, I have learned how to treat a customer with dignity and respect. Doing the right thing on time every time shows value. Internal and external customers were equally important. The customer may not always be right, but they are the customer. Patience and integrity are a must! Management was always available and helpful in every situation. The hardest part of the job was when you've done all you can for the customer, but they're still not pleased. I love having a happy customer. The most enjoyable part of the job is when my customer was happy.
Productive place to work
Collections Representative (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 30, 2015
Pros: lots of good food
Cons: short breaks, stressful calls
I love my job. Working at At&t has become my life. A typical day includes the occasional irate caller but is off set by being able to work with great people. The management is awesome i couldnt have asked for a better supervisor.
NA
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 30, 2015
My typical day included opening or closing the store, handling reports and money and selling various products and services to customers and businesses.
I love technology
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAMarch 30, 2015
I learned to go above and beyond for the customers that I have assisted. What made my day was being able to turn an irate customer to a very satifsfied one.
Company was "AWESOME" back in the day!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Benefitd and pay
Cons: Some managers were not so great to work with.
I first started working for the phone company when it was "Southwestern Bell". I enjoyed my 30 yrs. and was very blessed to have had such a long work history with them. The benefits were AWESOME as was the pay.
Great Company
Technical Data Steward/Level 1 Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Paid time off
Very good work/life balance and benefits. Compensation is ok, when you factor in vacation and bonuses. I would highly recommend working for this company.
Working with AT&T was a great experiance
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee), Southfield, MIMarch 30, 2015
Working with AT&T was a great opportunity to learn new technology. I was able to explore more and met great people. AT&T work environment is great.
Waste of effort
Technical Support Tier II (Former Employee), Louisville, kyMarch 29, 2015
Not a good experience. Management had foul language and horrible coaching skills. No room for advancement. No one was on the same page. They fired people everyday over the littlest things. No compassion for employees at all.
Good place to work if you have no family or life
Sales Support Representative (Current Employee), VirginiaMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Easy job
Cons: No life outside if work. Awful hours.
To much work for the salary. Rude customers. And the attendance is ridiculous you get punished for being sick or caring for sick family members.
TELECOMMUNICATIONS
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Visalia, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: GREAT PLACE TO BUILD SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE
Cons: ANGRY CUSTOMERS, SLOW FOOT TRAFFIC, OR TEMP CO--WORKERS
TYPICAL DAY CONSISTS OF INVENTORY, MEETINGS, APPROACHING INDIVIDUALS IN THE MALL AND PITCHING THEM ENOUGH TO GET THEM BACK TO THE KIOSK. ONCE AT THE KIOSK, YOU'LL NEED TO SPIT SOME SALES GAME.

HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS REJECTION AND MAINTAINING YOUR POSITIVE MENTALITY. ALSO, MAINTAINING ENERGY LEVELS WHEN RUSHES HIT.
was a great first real job
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Warwick, RIMarch 29, 2015
i really have no complaints other than commission, it isn't what it used to be. At one point when i started 100k was something that could be done as a sales rep, but they drastically revised the compensation structure you can still make good money easily but no more great money
Did Not Enjoy this place
Escalations Tech Support (Current Employee), San AntonioMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Decent Pay, Tools were nice to use
Cons: Stressful Work Environment (you can pretty much get Fired for the simplest mistakes)
A typical day at work consisted of me taking inbound calls from customers that called in more then 5 times within a week. Mind you the customers 90% of the time were Irate so after a while it gets stressful when evrey caller is screaming at you to fix their services. I'd say the most enjoyable thing about the job was probably the fact that i can do some interesting things with the tools they offered us to fix the services.
Sales environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Conyers, GAMarch 28, 2015
Typical day at work:

Answering incoming calls

What I have learned:
Customer are the most important part of Company

Management not trained enough
Great place
Training Manager (Former Employee), Morristown, NJMarch 28, 2015
The culture of the company is really great. I enjoy the people and the customers seem to enjoy the experience. Younger employees but interesting.

1 2 3 4 5

About AT&T

At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great – Read more

AT&T Salaries