AT&T Employee Reviews

Found 14,333 reviews matching the search
Stressful
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJanuary 9, 2017
This job is very stressful. You cant go to the bathroom without being worried about meeting their numbers. You have to handle the customer, even the elderly, within a certain time frame, or again you will not meet your numbers. Not being able to meet the numbers is grounds for termination. There is no work-life balance. You can leave the job on ambulance and they will still hold against your attendance. Your job is based off of surveys. The only issues with that is sometimes the customer makes an error (which they will not remove) or the customer is upset about issues beyond your control such as outages. This job was once the best company to work for. The management team was awesome! For the most part they were always willing to help, since they job was based of your performance. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fundraisers and activities. They would give a small monthly bonus if you were lucky enough to meet your metrics for a month.
excellent pay and benefits for retail, strong union representations, stressful management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOJanuary 3, 2017
Strong representation from CWA makes for great pay and benefit and good attendance/vacation program to work a family around. Retail means for difficult hours on your feet. Large company makes great opportunity for advancement but exiting union upon promotion means large hit in benefits for a small increase in pay. Management is very good about knowing ground level employees even at a state or regional level but sales focus is extremely high pressure and a constant "what have you done for me lately" attitude that can be extremely wearing mentally
Pros
Pay, benefits, attendance policies, good access to high management
Cons
constant ruthless, greedy pressure, difficult hours, on feet for long periods of time
If you are born to sell, you'll do great.
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fox Chapel, PAJanuary 15, 2017
AT&T can be a great company to work for. You get great discounts on service and accessories, a free phone for work, and access to the newest gadgets before they come out.

However, with the companies new focus on TV and entertainment, they've let mobility fall by the wayside, and don't give us much ammunition to work with. Plus, with the DTV and Time Warner purchases, stores are being downsized, adding to the issue.

If you are good at sales and do the have a family, youll make good money, and the company will love you. Otherwise, you'll still be paid well, but don't expect a good work/life balance.
Pros
Good benefits, union protection, great discounts, transparent a goals
Cons
Long shifts, hard to advance, downsizing store jobs
Stimulating work environment.
Sr. Contract / Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Metropolitan Chicago AreaNovember 17, 2016
AT&T is a great company to work for. It's a challenging environment because of the ever changing telecommunications industry. Managers become agents of change by being flexible and understanding that the only constant in our business is change. The compensation package is comparable to the telecom industry. Best of all for me is that we're the Gold Standard in the industry and take real pride in that level of recognition.
Pros
Company provided tools and equipment, access to help in work / life balance, incentive awards that are perfomance based, access to training that improve your skills.
Cons
Long hours that are required when managing a team, all of the additional requirements placed on a manager that makes him / her a specialist in: HR, Payroll, Union Issues, and an assortnent of other tasks that consume too much admin time to complete.
Communications Technician (Current Employee) –  Pratt, KSNovember 21, 2016
Pros
Cons
At my previous job, I was forced to work long hours and holidays.
Difficult work, lots of difficult tasks, pay did not increase with amount of work
Premises Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 2, 2016
I learned lots about internet services, signal flow, safety equipment, fiber, wires, and tv services. Typical day was checking in the morning, trying to find the equipment needed to complete the days tasks, pick up a 'job' and go to the customers house to install/repair their service, which each job might have completely different needs that must be accounted for. Some might be as simple as plugging it in, some might take over 14 hours strait to finish an install. The co-workers can help if they have the time, management was mostly loose, I had to rely on myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was finding solutions to unique issues.
Pros
decent benefits, decent pay
Cons
Could have no jobs, could have too many jobs, hard to determine in advance
Long list of seniority, perfect place to start a career.
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 21, 2017
Day starts with morning meeting, after meeting assigned job via computer, installs and repairs services, and helps previous and current customers. You must manage your inventory for your truck daily. Be able to ask co-workers for help and advice. Do your work calm and steady. Speed will come with experience.
Pros
excellent benefits, management is promoted from seniority, co-workers understand situations and can help, assistance is easy to find, company and union treat you well.
Cons
Stressful job, long waiting period for promotion, standards set high, customer service must be on point.
Can make a decent pay check, thats about it
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKNovember 20, 2016
Overwhelming goals in way to many matrix. Pay is good if you don't mind taking advantage of people. Extreme micromanagement is a every day thing. Every customer gets a survey and if the customer has a good experience with the sales person but not overall pleased with at&t then the sales person gets coached that we didn't do something right and that survey can effect compensation. Long hours so work/life balance sucks. Once again the only thing I like about working at at&t is the pay and benefits everything else is pretty much is horrible.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Everthing but pay and benefits
this is a tough job with perks
customer service (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 12, 2017
the negatives: a typical day is full of stress because it is a sales driven organization with specific quotas. if you don't make the number you get cut immediately. the customers are not nice and therefore it makes your job that more difficult. the work/life balance is challenging when you are forced on a regular basis to work overtime based on the needs of the business. the unrealistic expectation of goals are what will bring the morale down.
the positives: the salary and compensation are the best in the industry. the benefits are wonderful. and the culture full of diversity is fun because of the people.
Likeness depends on management
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 28, 2016
AT&T is a great company overall. The benefits are decent, but you have to wait a year to achieve them. They have a flawed attendee system. The money is decent. The comp structure usually changes every year and where it hurts some stores it helps others. Management is key, every store is different and I've had great and bad. Typical work days are either really busy or slow, you must discuss all products with every customer. I learned to adapt to different management styles and learned a lot of technical things.The hardest part is hitting on all points they want you to discuss during a transaction. You end up with great friends from the people you work with.
Pros
Benefits, decent money
Cons
Sales metrics, no consistency
High Stress, Great immediate supervisor support up from there gets dodgy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTNovember 9, 2016
As a call center the work is emotional taxing as generally people call in with problems in some cases about 20% I would say without real solutions available over the phone. For example not wanting to pay bill, technical issues requiring a technician home visit or repeat callers who have been told before no in relation to a credit or other request. Immediate management is good in my experience. Recently unionized right before I left. The hardest part is dealing with people you cannot help or need to say no to. The best part is the team atmosphere. Recent schedule changes to a 6 month rolling shift bid means every six months you may end up on a new team with a new supervisor.
Pros
Team atmosphere, benefits
Cons
Pressure to meet goals, ATT merger (Prior DTV) has damaged team atmosphere
office work which you stayed busy thru out the day, The goal system was not equal and the company operates by seniority and allows your job position t
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 28, 2016
There was no advancement opportunity given the job title. The management does not keep you informed or gives as less info available to safe guard their positions in the company. The management makes you work against one another versus the team concept. They place you in job titles for payroll compensations then boot you out of your job due to the position being full. a typical day changes day in no constant guidelines of handling procedures)
Very Aggressive Company
Sales Coach (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 24, 2016
AT&T is a massive company and thus has amazing pay and benefits. The compensation is outstanding for entry level sales people, making around $55,000 their first years. As a Sales Coach it was a very demanding position and didn't offer much room for career growth (despite what the company boasts). The management was okay and I visited HQ a couple times, all Sr. Mangers are very disconnected with the customer facing sales force.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Benefits, Outstanding Vacation and PTO, Great stock and 401k options
Cons
Job stability for call centers in general, sometimes too demanding on sales force
Headache
Premises Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 18, 2017
They pay well, there is no room for growth at this time, a typical day deals with someone telling you to do something then hundreds of road blocks to actually accomplish the smallest task, the company itself is too large to be organized and is a huge headache because of that. I would never recommend working for this company unless you have the mental capacity of being treated like a child all day long, using programs that micromanage you, and rarely getting work accomplished in a timely fashion but getting coached to work harder.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
it will make you want to blow your brains out, not worth the benifits
Contracted under Innovative Information Technologies
Q&A Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NJJanuary 18, 2017
The work/life balance was good given the nature of the work. The pay and benefits were below average when compared with some of the other competitive contractors. The job security is just not there given this was contract work and as a result myself and about 70% of my team were laid off the start of 2017. The internal management was very relaxed and knowledgeable which resulted in a somewhat stress free work environment. the upper management including hr and project management was terrible which resulted in poor budget calls and rushed decisions which result in backlash. HR department released everyone's confidential information due to a common email phishing scam and as a result my entire team was compromised. They gave us a free year of identity theft software and advice but unfortunately the leaked info has no expiration date. The Job culture was mixed and everyone got along fine and the workforce was honestly the best part of the job.
Pros
Beautiful campus style work building, great coworkers, great work/life balance
Cons
Lower pay, unsecured contract work, poor upper management
My opinion
Management position (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2016
Pay is not inline where it should be for industry standards. The pay bands are on a VERY wide scale, and raises are almost non-existent. The training is lacking for day to day work, but there is support from your team members. The new initiatie to get everyone 2020 ready is unoragnized and seems like a reactive approach. There are huge amounts of computerized classes that "have" to be done, regardless to your workload. I already work days, nights, and weekends with clients. Now this training has to be done, and is mostly after hours. There goes the quality of life lesson....but I am glad to have a job.
Pros
Good job, Great team members, Good benefits
Cons
No training for daily responsibilities, expected to keep up with new initiative to train for 202 furture roles, maintain your work, and life balance...whenmost of the courses have to be done after ours due to workload.
Great benefits and compensation
Technical Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 13, 2016
Change is the constant at AT&T. With that change comes challenges and continual learning. The people are fantastic; educated as well as reliable for the most part. I learned all about home construction and wiring and teamwork with AT&T. My business sense has been developed greatly by the latest title I have held. The hardest part of working her as non-management, bargained for employees is that you can be bounced around and possibly lose your connection with the company from no fault of your own, as is my case. There is an environment of unstable work security in general. There are many things to learn at AT&T and the training is usually of good quality. I always thought I would retire from the company and am very disheartened by the process that has led to my separation from the AT&T family I have come to love.
Pros
there are a vast amount of job types to explore, excellent compensation and benefits
Cons
the actual ability to move into different positions is difficult and shrouded in mystery.
ATT does not care about you
Telesales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 22, 2016
The benefits and the pay are awesome. It's just a shame that you have to sell your soul. If you are honest, you won't fit in here. I had to take fmla just to go to the dr during a high risk pregnancy. They also told me in so many words that I need to decide what is more important. Well, they didn't like it when I said my child. They worked around my schedule due to the union until I went into early labor due to stress. When my son died, they refused to give me extra time off, and I was back at work exactly a month after birth. Oh, but they said if my child had lived, I would've gotten a year. I lasted another month after that, but eventually just gave my two weeks. It's not worth losing another child to work here. And I was #3 in my department for sales, so it doesn't matter how well you do. ATT does not care about you.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Work/Life balance
Somewhat productive
Customer Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 7, 2016
AT&T was a very challenging job and stressful job at times. A typical day included taking multiple calls, assisting customers with their accounts. Changing rate plans, adjusting bills,ordering new devices and equipment for their home and wireless needs, and numerous other duties as assigned. Management was very unprofessional at times. My co-workers were easy to work with, for the most part it was a team environment.The hardest part of the job was saving the customer from leaving the company when they were frustrated and fed up and convinced they should leave and take their business elsewhere. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the customers were totally satisfied and I had retained their business.
Pros
Benefits, Employee Discounts
Cons
Point System
Wire Technician
Wire Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2016
If you like challenges, changes, creativity, and an enormously diverse, global workforce, AT&T is a good match for you.
Excellent benefits, healthcare -- dental, vision...40lK; vacation....Wide range of organizations available for your participation; and the company encourages volunteerism and is very generous to many in need.You will need to work hard to maintain a career at AT&T because if you don't they will have no hesitation in letting you go.
Pros
Awesome job great pay and benefits
Cons
There is no work life balance on work and its hard to get promoted

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.