7.1K reviews

AT&T Employee Reviews

Productive and fast pace!
Retail Associate (Current Employee), plano, tvAugust 28, 2015
Too much changing of commission, it can be enjoyable if you are outgoing and are if you like sales. Coworkers are usually friendly and work as a team.
The best lesson I learned was the use of good time management.
Senior Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Job security, healthy workplace, needs of employees considered
Cons: No cons
There were not any typical days, I learned to ready for the unexpected.
That was the hardest part of the job to overcome but I learned that it can be done. It can be done without stress or the least amount of stress with forethought and planning.
Keep a good relationship with your coworkers and your superiors because it takes everyone to get the job done correctly and on time.
Good People, Work-Life Balance Unsatisfactory
Account Executive (BSLPD) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2015
I made many lifelong friends working at AT&T. Management is demanding, but I believe they have the best intentions at heart. The work-life balance can be challenging. Although they do not require employee's to work past 5pm, the phrase "this is not a 9-5" was thrown around on a daily basis. Management even went so far as to get rid of employee's who were not seen going the extra mile.

PS: Just because they don't say something is mandatory doesn't mean you aren't judged on your choice to participate.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Lee's Summit, MissouriAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Reward Perks and Commission
Cons: The hours are late, no flexibility, and the culture is poor.
This place is extremely stressful. You are paid average pay but the expectations are extremely difficult to achieve. The managers for the most part focus on the negative.
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Benfits and hourly wages
Cons: Schedules are never the same.
AT&T is interested in money and how quickly they can get it and how hard can they squeeze an employee to get it.
AT&T was an awesome company to work for in the early 2000s but once they become Singular then back to AT&T they lost respect for employees.
The commissions aren't getting any better and don't cause employees to want to work harder. They all need their jobs and get pressured into high sales. Selling features to people who don't need them.
The management is treated poorly by the upper suits and therefore they treat their employees with complete disrespect.
Manage administrative needs for 9 states, from personnel to training and attendancce
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNAugust 28, 2015
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: Workforce 2020 is forcing headcount reductions
Excellent place to work. Very customer focused. Learned how to manage remotely. Enjoyed the knowledge obtained from my boss, but I missed the face to face with co-workers in other states.
Unstable and can be let go for any reason
Provisioning Engineer Contractor (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: If you like to work and take breaks in between jobs, this is great.
Cons: Not a stable job
Good job with slightly low pay. unstable job and can be let go for any reason. When your contract ends, they offer no feedback, positive or negative.
Worked From home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Decatur, ILAugust 28, 2015
Pros: I was able to stay home
Cons: the pay rate wasn't all that great
My Job was an at home job something very different from what I was custom to, but once I logged in every day to start and complete my shift my home soon begin to feel like i was in the office and that is how i treated my work area so that was the most enjoyable part of my job. Even though i worked from home that didn't stop the angry customers or the customers who had some very challenging issues that needed to be resolved i still had to deal the upset, irate, irritated customers some were ready to cancel and say forget it with the company and it was my job to think outside of the box and give the customers a very good reason to stay and letting them know how valuable they were to me.Management was always prompt when the help was needed so i had no issues with that it was overall a really good experience that is why i stayed until the contract was over.
working there was very enjoyable
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2015
Pros: able to choice your next assignment
Cons: no celebration of awards
Jobs were very challaging and rewarding. You were able to choice how to decide how to test your procedures and implementation of your ideals
Fast Pace working enviornment
Lead Sales Rep (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 27, 2015
Not a place where your skills and talents are observed. It was an authorized retailer not corporate. It was tough not to be looked at as a number but a person.
ARSM
Area Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee), LAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: CUlture
Cons: CUlture
Fun place to work. Restructure of management and leadership every 1-2 years. Responsive HR. Processes and structure is very defined.
Rewarding and Challenging
Communications Technician (Current Employee), Huntington, NYAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Training and Support
Cons: Job Security
I enjoy my position, and I enjoy the people I work with. Working with technicians all over the US and fixing complex fiber optic networks and video circuits becomes challenging yet rewarding. I always strive to be the SME of the facility and the go-to guy. I enjoy working with the other technicians and I get along well with management.
Fast paced work environment.
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Great benefits.
Cons: High stress
Fast paced work environment. Great management team always willing to help. Opportunity for advancement. My co-workers were fun to work with had a lot of games to ease the stress.
Terrible!!!
RSC (Former Employee), GAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: if you are in an area to make money you can
Cons: you personal life is non existant
This is one of the worst companies I have ever encountered. Management within this company adds stress to your life every day. The main focus of the company is you making them money and you have to maintain a positive attitude with poor service to offer customers. The level of micromanagement is profound and at the end of the day you feel as if you have not accomplished anything. The store here has a very incompetent manager who shows favoritism to her choice pick and the higher ups feel that its okay. The upper management level try to show a fake sense of security to the retail sales consultants, but everyday all you hear is if you do not do this, a conversations will be held, disciplinary actions will be taken. Just as long as you can take advantage of customers and gain business by any means necessary, AT&T will look the other way and you are praised as top sales person. But when you are caught they hang you out to dry. At the end of the day you work hard and they NEVER APPRECIATE YOU! If you have kids this is NOT the company for you!
so so
Small Business Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2015
It is not a place to advance even if you have prior degrees, not a really good compenstaion structure either. Better companies with work life balance
Good place for old folks that would expect not a changing environment.
Project Manager / Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Middletown, NJAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Work from home flexibility
Cons: Management does not care about employees, too big a company to adapt to technological changes fast enough
Management care's only to meet schedule at any expense. Nothing exciting to work here. There is not much scope for career advancement unless you probably are one of the 'favorites' and could do better than the actual work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 26, 2015
There are advancement opportunities if you work hard and do good. I loved working with different customers of a wide range of backgrounds.
AT&T great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baxter, MNAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Upbeat fast paced work environment
Cons: Too many reviews
Presenting cell phones to customers. Showing different plans and choosing the correct plan for the customer. Learned a large amount about technology. The management was good. The co workers had a great time serving their customers. Seeing repeat customers was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), AtwaterAugust 26, 2015
Pros: great
Cons: great
Great place to work.Sales,customer service.Provided customer service to AT&T customers related to billing inquiries, combining billing and transfer of billing responsibilities, technical support, troubleshooting, customer escalations, payment processing, setup auto payment requests, conducted credit and background checks for new customers, and promoted the following AT&T products to new and existing customers: U-Verse TV, internet and phone sales. 3-time top seller for AT&T products and consistently exceeded sales quotas.
Excellent Place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee), hawaiian gardens, caAugust 26, 2015
Management was awesome. Always there to help. environment was fun and there was always something to do.
Management was very supportive.
Headquarters