AT&T
5,851 reviews

AT&T Employer Reviews

Chaotic culture
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: founders were onhand and passionate about the business
Cons: sometimes harsh and unnessessary management tactics
My position as Executive Secretary was pretty streamlined. Oftentimes I observed a company struggle to improve the way things were done as the company grew to make it more efficient and effective. I loved working there and with the owner. I could feel the passion and family blood running through the company and understood the struggles they battled.
AT&T Review
Implementation Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 4, 2015
Great company to work for. Takes very good care of employees. Competitive pay, great benefits, and plenty of places to move within the company!
Good Comp
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Austell, GAMarch 4, 2015
Good company with room for growth. I recommend this company to anyone looking to start a career with a great company. Great company
Fun workplace with a lot of incentives
RSC (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 4, 2015
Pros: incentives for sales execution, commission based off of your own sales
Cons: n/a
Overall AT&T was a great company to work for, I would recommend it to anyone working in retail looking to make more money based off of your own selling skills.
Wireless communications installation, Testing and maintenance
DC Power Installer / Cable Technician Level 3 (Former Employee), Richmond VAMarch 4, 2015
Frame and bay mounting. Relay rack and hardware installation. Equipment installation and wiring
DC Power 8AWG – 750MCM -48 Battery +Return and ground cable installation.
Lug, H-Tap, C-Tap and inline splice reducer crimp terminations.
Battery, rectifier and rack upgrades. Switch power installations,
turnkey DC power, DC power additions and upgrades.
Battery installations and upgrades. BNC, RJ4, 5 568B, 568A termination testing and installation.
Wire wrap and punch down terminations testing and installations
Business Pairing
Business Pairing lead for North Carolina (Former Employee), Rockingham, N.C.March 4, 2015
Pros: being able to assist my former alltel client base
Cons: know my position was going into surplus
AT&T purchased Alltel Wireless. My job duties as the North Carolina Alltel business rep included pairing up with AT&T business reps throughout North Carolina to introduce them to my existing accounts. I covered four counties in Eastern North Carolina and four counties in Western North Carolina We also made efforts to migrate as many customers as we could under new AT&T contracts before the 1/23/2015 auto migration date. The biggest job duty was to educate my existing customer base about the merger, assist them in ordering their replacement equipment, transfer their contacts, and answer any questions they might have. Even though I knew my position was going into surplus on 2/27/2015 I worked to the very end making sure my former customers were taken care of and assisted in the transition in a very professional manner.
AT&T Wire Technician
Wire Technician (Former Employee), Bremen, GAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: Good Experience
Cons: Managers
Worked for them for 6 years and not impressed with the direction Wire Technicians are heading. Only had 2-3 managers, out of about 10, to manage the way a true manager should manage. Their numbers, and leadership skills reflected.
good place to work
Senior Specialist - RAN Engineer+ (Current Employee), Paramus, NJMarch 3, 2015
...unless you got a bad manager. If you want to work for a good company, then AT&T is a place to be. But if your manager does not understand engineering and all he is good at is flipping papers, then it is time to move on.
A day at Landry's
Customer service/sales (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good food, good interactions with people.
Cons: hours wasn't always full.
You day starts off with a quick view of the customers, or crowd flow you will have for that day, and a review of your menu. Then it's off to serve your customers making sure they are satisfied to their fullest.
n
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAMarch 3, 2015
great people, loved= interacting with the customers face to face. the only thing I do not like is the hours, need more steady shifts
Great Environment
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Queens, NYMarch 3, 2015
Great company to work for, i learned a lot about sales and how to relate to customers. the company always keep an environment where everyone feels comfortable and compensated for their work
Great pay and benefits
Leverage Customer Rep (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great money
Cons: long hours
Great job a lot of hours though tough on family. Customer service for escalation dept. Its tough but its a good place to be.
ellecellent
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Des Peres, MOMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great apportunity
Cons: hard to get in touch with superviser
great place for advancement
No one is micromanage
You also get the change to work from home on the go or in the office
most family orientated environment
fun place to work with a strong union
Premises Tech (Former Employee), Corona, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: paid vacation, paid sick days, union based
Cons: not much room for advancement in the electrical field
Trouble shooting and providing customer's with AT&T uverse products and services. Providing the best customer service so customer would always be happy and leave positive reviews. I learned a lot about low voltage services and the difference between low and higher voltages. My immediate supervisor, Tracey Goodwin, always had the employee's and customer's best interest at heart. My co-workers were always helpful and approachable and a joy to work with. The hardest part of the job was not only the sales perspective, but was when I had to deliver bad news to a customer. The most joy I had at this job was using my imagination and wiring skills to wire up a person's home or business to where they would be completely satisfied with my professional service.
Great Product Great Company
Premise Technician (Former Employee), IllinoisMarch 3, 2015
Pros: self regulated shifts, as much overtime as you want, freedom to do your job without someone over your shoulder, good pay, and great benefits
Cons: very physically demanding job, a lot of squating / crawling / climbing, having to work in all weather conditions from the very hot to the freezing
A typical workday would be checking in at the garage, loading up your equipment and tools. You then dispatch from your company iPad using proprietary software which will tell you what your current job is, Install or Repair, and where it is located. You go do that job, clean up after yourself. Enter your notes into that account and then "Hit the Button" again to see where you will go next. While you are rated based on efficiency, you don't have a manager or supervisor looking over your shoulder, you keep picking up job after job until it is the end of your shift, or you can work overtime, which there is usually is a lot of. Once finished with your last job you return back to the garage, unload your trash and equipment from the day, lock up your tools and then go home.
Good company
Network Services Support Engineer - Consultant (Current Employee), ATlanta GAMarch 3, 2015
I worked with this company as a contractor and the work environment is good.I did not have any issue with this company.The workers are very professional in their job.
Somehow this is a duplicate
Marketing ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE- NEW MEDIA (Former Employee), RiversideMarch 3, 2015
Pros: the coworkers, and friend you meet that become like family.
Cons: unionized sales environment limited creativity
I previously covered my experience at AT&T. The training was superb/phenomenal, the people were great. The products just became antiquated and I found myself at a point where it was time to move forward.
Great pay and benefits, very poor relationship between 1st line and management.
Leveraged Service Representative (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 3, 2015
From the day you complete training, management begins the process of looking for a reason to terminate your employment. You will be measured primarily on a scorecard which consists of all aspects of the job weighted differently with an expected total of 100 points, if you do not meet 100 points you will be disciplined up to termination.
Great Benefits and pay
Sales Associate and Team Lead (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: cash bonuses
Cons: odd work hours and no earlier schedules
Great company to work for. Received several cash bonuses and rewards for achieving monthly goals. Hard to attend school and balance work and family working morning to evening here.
The Hardest Part of the job
Account Executive (Current Employee), Durham, NCMarch 2, 2015
The hardest part of the job is that its straight commission. So if your not producing sales in the slow times of the year, you make nothing.

1 2 3 4 5

About AT&T

At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great – Read more