AT&T
4,862 reviews

AT&T Employer Reviews

Was able to learn a lot of new thing
Operations Support Rep (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: good benifets, good pay
Cons: downsizing
I had a routine everyday of what I was suppose to do. I did the deposit, paper work, checked in shipment, proceeded returns, stocked the inventory, customer service, data entry, filing. There really wasn't any hard part to my job, I loved it. I worked with the best co workers. We were like family.
Great training and product line. Very poor work/life balance
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee), OhioSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: pay/benefits
Cons: work/life balance
Overall, this is a decent company to work for. The pay and benefits are far above a typical retail job. They offer a very comprehensive and strong training program, especially for members of management.

The work life balance, as with most retail jobs, is very poor. Manager's are salaried positions and will typically work a minimum of 50+ hours a week. – more... The job can be very stressful at times being sales oriented, but often times that stress level is dictated by who is your market management. – less
Excellent Training
Customer Service/Sales Rep (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2014
One of the main things that impressed me about AT&T is the great training and preparation that was provided to help new hires succeed in the position. I was really able to appreciate the training after I got on the phones with potential customers.
Good starter job
Customer Service Assistant/Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2014
If you are young and ambitious then Sales for AT&T is the job for you. There is plenty of traffic you get to learn about technology. Management is hit or miss some are very easy to work and others not so much.
install tv,internet,and phone systems to residential and business's
Premise Technician (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CASeptember 17, 2014
Installed and repaired DSL, internet, telephone, and television services at various residential and office buildings. Performed cable runs and wiring updates in desired locations,changed fittings, wall jacks, and connections to insure high quality of service. Responded to customers’ inquiries and/or concerns
fun social workplace ,
Sales Closer / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: always busy great pay
Cons: no overtime
I would come in and open the store, help customers with there products make sure they're happy and satisfied, check inventory and store inventory
Some Potential
Premises Technician (Former Employee), Mountain View, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: independence, wages and benefits
Cons: major sacrifices and brainwashing
The job pays "livable" wages but they make new recruits go an entire year before any benefits and becoming ill in that year gets a person fired. More of a "frat" group than anything else as the labor union meddles and imposes themselves onto new employees whether they are interested or not. Not easy to just "do ones job" without constant "poorly executed" – more... social engineering from labor unions. Management separates themselves from employees letting unions run crews mostly.

Work/life balance is terrible as most new employees will be placed significant distances from home locations. This concept also promotes employees to "cling" to unions and befriend co-workers as they spend significant time separated from family and friends through long working hours and commute distances. Employees can be shady and take advantage of the "separation" tactics the company implements. Not the type of environment for a person most interested in simply "providing" for their family.

For people who can "embrace" the mentality, the possibility to earn a living is there but requires a LOT of sacrifices. Almost a "military" style work environment. Great opportunity for those returning from military service. – less
high stress level
Service Representative (Current Employee), Port Huron, MISeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: mgmnt, lack of being able to do your job
call center on calls all day
hardest part of job is not being able to do your job nothing is ever good enough or right

co-workers are great they keep you going
most enjoyable part of the day is when its time to leave
typical day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), robinsonSeptember 16, 2014
inbound calls about att accounts, home cable internet accounts
A fun place to work with professional and the brightest individuals in the industry
Systems Analyst/Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), Middletown, NJSeptember 16, 2014
A great place to grow in your knowledge of the telecom industry with ample resources available.
Rewarding Job
Sales Consultant (Full-time) (Current Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 16, 2014
AT&T is one the largest and fastest growing telecommunications in the world, so they expect a lot of from their employees.
Productive workplace and amazing culture
Quality/Testing (Current Employee), Middletown, NJSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: telecommute, flexible, and cutting edge technology
Cons: job security
I have learned alot using cutting edge technology and gave me the ability to think out the box. I typically worked over 8 hours each day with the flexibility of working from home. My Co-Workers were amazing and were always helping in high pressure situations. I enjoyed gaining more experience and more responsibility.
Challenging and rewarding culture
Strategic Account lead (Former Employee), PhoenixSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: brand
Cons: travel
Leader in the telecommunications industry. Typical day working at this company was well supported with management that really knew their roles and the internal business and the industry. Tools and systems were minimal and very easy to use and made the job very easy to navigate. Engineering staff and support was the best in the industry, always knew – more... and understood the customers requirements and our capabilities and always put the sales personnel first. – less
Design Specialist
Design Specialist (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MichiganSeptember 15, 2014
Work with engineers on designing line layouts and tasks that need to be completed for the job.

Since being here I have learned CAD drawing

Management has a very structured environment and are "firm but fair"

Hardest part of the job was learning all acronyms
life balance
SALES SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Fort Lee, NJSeptember 15, 2014
i would not reccommend this job for people with small children due to the hectic hours
Team members are fun to work with.
Professional Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: virtual presence, company discounts, lots of leading technology
Cons: annual surplusing.
The work is fast paced. Usually you can work virtually so that helps with your home life. Company discounts (if in your area) are very nice too. Problem with AT&T is they are constantly downsizing, right-sizing, cutting, whatever you want to call it. Every year you wonder if you will fall under the Surplusman's blade.
Competitive sales environment with excellent customer service
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
A typical day I would grab my ipad to clock in and go out by the front door to greet and approach our customers. At this point i would have already opened the door for the customer and introduced myself. After inquiring why the customer has come in i start to go over their plan in my system to see what services they are available for. Working at Att – more... we did a lot of phone upgrades and some of them take a while. That being said, while i am going through the flow of getting the phone checked out thats when i bridge to other services. such as home security, tv providers internet etc.. If they are still on the fence i ask for manager approval to maybe throw them a deal on a phone case or accessory. At the end of the day i performed closing duties such as closing gates, nightly deposits, closing kiosks and arming the stores alarm. – less
csr
DSL Support (Former Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 15, 2014
Cons: wants you to have no emotions
Horrible place to work, have no compassion if your family is in the hospital or not. You have to come to work all bent out of shape with a loved one dieing.
Directory Assistance Operator
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee), Worthington, OHSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: relocation and new career.
Cons: not able to receive the training and equipment necessary.
Promoted from Directory Assitance Operator to Telecommunications Specialist by testing. Outperformed peers scoring in the 90% bracket.
Great place in a pinch
Premise Technician (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: great pay, opportunity for travel, training
Cons: no home life, away from family, 10-12 hr work days mandatory...
Great job, but there are limitations.Unfair blame, unrealistic expectations,sometimes hazardous working environments.

1 2 3 4 5

About AT&T

At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great – Read more