AT&T Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
It was great.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 25, 2017
I worked as a DirecTV technician. Other than being way too hot in the attics during the summer months, it was a great job. Great benefits, good people, all around a lot of fun.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Sometimes the long hours will get to you, but you definitely like the overtime!
Worked indpendently or with a crew
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 25, 2017
How to get the job done on time. Sharing job responsibilities with members of the crew. Well- developed skills in prioritizing, organization, decision making, time management, and verbal/written communication skills.
Pros
lunch at no decribed time
Cons
work in cold and heat conditios.
Enjoyed the job, great pay.
RETENTION/SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2017
Overall great experience, friendly environment, faced paced job, worked with alot of different cultures.Inbound phone calls, had to reach certain goals and quotas.
Very stressful and if you have children forget about working here
SALES (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 25, 2017
AT&T pays well but the stress is not worth it. You get about 5 call outs per year and if your child is sick they will still point you for missing a day even with a doctors excuse.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Not very much room for advancement
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 25, 2017
I would have to say overall when AT&T was Illinois Bell it was an excellent company to work for. However, over the years as changes were made it became grueling. My position was phased out several times before finally I was laid off. Only options were to relocate to city and state I was unfamiliar with or take on a opportunity completely out of my field of work. As a customer service rep I was offer a job as a truck driver.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Constant downsizing
Processes and management
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 25, 2017
Processes and management always changing so you have to get use to being able to adapt to changes. Job can be stressful at times but for the most part you know what to expect day in and day out.....................................................
Benefits
Cons
working in a depatment with low seniority
Its okay for now
Sales Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Cumming, Gainesville, Dawsonville, Buford Ga.September 25, 2017
If you are full time don't expect to get a better shift than part timers. The management plays favorites and if you work hard then they don't give you any more consideration than the slacker. It's a dog eat dog world there with unobtainable goals.
cutthroat
Sr. Specialist Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 25, 2017
horrible company to keep your job at especially in sales. they have the wort churn rate in that department and turn people over there all of the time. I have seen people come and go often even though I was in the IT department. I was laid off being in the IT department because I was the last one in CA and the company likes to keep they're employees in Texas, so if you live in Texas your job is probably safe.
Pay only thing good
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 25, 2017
pay is the only thing that keeps you there. everyday something has changed and you may not know. Rather go look it up on top of everything ELSE YOU HAVE TO MAINTAIN TO KEEP FROM GETTING A WRITE UP .
i worked in collection
Customer Service Representative 1- Collections (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2017
i took fmla do to ma illness. i was to return on 10/31 but my husband mom was killed. and they needed mental help so I but my family first, and got the help they needed.
Great pay & benefits.
Customer Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 25, 2017
When I started it was with Southwestern Bell Telephone. The company name was changed after SWBT purchased AT&T. The pay was great but it could be very stressful in a call center.
Pros
Pay, benefits.
Cons
Pressure from management & dealing with angry customers.
Great Training
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 24, 2017
Great training program with one of the most motivational management team I ever met. They continue to teach and push you for advancement. It is a very demanding job on the front end but it is well worth it in the long run. the kind of job that offers much more flexibility as you grow good habits and advance in your career.
Working at at&t
Sale Repersentavie/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 24, 2017
going to work helping customer with account issues. I learned about what customers want. Team leads always teaching new things. Our workplace culture was very upbeat and supportive. Hardest part was not closing a deal. Most enjoyable part was closing a sell celebrating with teammates.
Pros
Enviorment
Cons
Pay
Ugh
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 24, 2017
When this was DIRECTV I loved the company. It was amazing. Now that AT&T took over it is ridiculous. The culture is horrible. they work you to the bone and dont pay you for all the work you are doing. they dont care about what is going on with you outside of work that may be affecting your job. the environment in the building is stress and more stress. they ride you hard about stats and performance but there really is no benefit to work that hard or perform well. Management couldn't care less about what is going on either. it is just really not a good place to work.
Pros
above
Cons
above
management was up and down
CSR/Sales (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 24, 2017
Training was efficient for the job tasks, alot of young people working there, very immature, stressful inbound calls, complaints were a regular task, if you do not deal well with pressure this job is not for you, be willing and able for lots of sales
Competitive Environment
Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2017
great company to work for. As a technician, you stay active at all time. going to people home and install their service. stay professional at all time. AT&T strongly emphasized on SAFETY.
Competitive sales work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCSeptember 24, 2017
This is a competitive sales work environment that requires much of your time to be dedicated to the business. The hardest part of the job for me and my personality was being pushy towards people to get sales.
Overall company is relavant
Teleconference Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 24, 2017
I have been with AT&T for 7 years now 2 offices, and I really enjoy working for the company itself. However, with any large company's come politics and when your center is the target of those politics, you want to vote all management off the island. My job is mentally/thought provoking challenging which I love! AT&T as a whole is a really awesome company to work for, nonetheless, each individual office is different and you learn to adapt to those differences. Would I change anything, yes I would have started working here sooner and I would definitely move around in the company as I have started to take advantage of as a person that can accept change.
Productive and fun workplace
Entertainment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 24, 2017
The district manager of my district did not evoke trust out of her employees. She lacked compassion, effective motivation and effective communication skills
Pros
pay, schedule
Cons
Management, culture
It
Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2017
Maintains customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.