AT&T Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,651 reviews matching the search
great place for a career
Production Analyst, Systems Programmer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 5, 2016
Great company to work for and have a long-term career. Great benefits and fair pay. A large corporations with fair localization and management.
Pros
benefits, training, people
Micromanaging
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARMay 5, 2016
The management at Red Skye Wireless was always breathing down your neck, treating adults like high schoolers and not letting us take care of our customers seamlessly, always stepping in and making the customer feel uncomfortable. Ultimately it lost me a lot of sales.
Cons
Wish I could work for them longer, I'm only a Term employee.
Copper Splicing Technician (Term) (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAMay 4, 2016
An excellent Company to work for. Great management, and benefits. I wish I can work with this Company as a permanent employee.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Loved coming to work
Premises Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2016
Would have liked to make a career out of this, but there was not enough hours or real opportunity to move up. Great atmosphere, people were great and lots of good people to work with.
Cons
hours, pay, healthcare
Creative place to work
Digital User Designer/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2016
This is a very fast-paced environment to work; collaborative efforts are a must. Very rewarding once each project is complete and the overall user experience is accomplished.
Pros
Free thinking creative working groups.
Cons
Not enough resources available for some projects.
Wonderful company to be a part of.
Staff Associate III (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 4, 2016
Working in the Yellow Pages department was a wonderful experience. It was a close family oriented environment. The company offered great pay, benefits and profit sharing.
Pros
Hours, pay, benefits, personnel and environment
Cons
Company downsized
Great experience
Authorized Retailer (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MOMay 4, 2016
It's not a bad place to work and it's fairly easy to move up only because they do have a somewhat high turn over rate. They are not always fair with their employees and higher up tend to look down on the lower level employees.
AT&T is a great company
Lead Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2016
I have 30 years with the company. AT&T has provided me with many opportunities to grow my competencies and skillsets. They make investments in their employees and are committed to Training for the required Transformation of skillsets and knowledge required to be successful in the marketplace. The opportunity to continue to grow and learn is hugh at AT&T.

In really large companies like AT&T, it is challenging to be in the right place at the right time to utilize more of my competencies, skillsets, and experience. The company is constantly trimming resources which has made it even more challenging to move around in the company or get a promotion. Also, there is a growing flexibility with working from home but some departments do not embrace it as much as others.

I am ranked as one of the top performers at my level and a "thought" leader for the organization. I am ready for a smaller environment which will allow me to be a major contributor and support more flexibility.
Pros
Training
Cons
Size
Growing company that enabled me to improve my professional skills over the years
Retail Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 3, 2016
Day to day duties included all requirements to ensure National Retailers and AT&T were in a successful relationship of sales. Work duties included building daily, monthly and yearly sales action plans for retailers. Duties also included all training of AT&T products and services to sales associates and implement strategies to motivate sales.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Very long days of travel
job security & advancement *****
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMay 3, 2016
my position involved working along with a sales force, teaming, multi-tasking, customer focused & excellent communication skills.
Pros
compensation
Cons
health care
Customer Care/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAMay 3, 2016
Working here was a really nice improvement. It was comfortable and accommodating. The pay was really accepting and the chance to advance was easier than previous employment.
fun work place in general
Food & Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 3, 2016
i started a server, learned everything there was to know about the company quickly, and showed that on that floor. It wants long before people started to see that it was time for me to advance, so they promoted me to supervisor, gave more responsibilities and a pay raise. I continued to shine through. That was when they gave me a another pay raise. i learned so much about every aspect in the hotel for my own sake, and i loved it. i enjoyed all the employees and customers that i worked with. It made it a great job overall. The hardest part of this job was when management. it would change very frequently. Which then meant we would then have to change our styles of work that we knew so well. management was really hard subject here at the holiday inn due to hours and scheduling. they really wouldn't take anything into consideration when anyone needed a day off or had personal issues .The best part of working for this company were the employees lunch-ins, they would have every month to show appreciation to employees in front of a crowd, as fed us free food and drinks, and were giving out awards, and gifts. great thing to do for employees to show you care!
Pros
very cool, exciting customers and employees
Cons
very strict on food eaten by employees, too many hours
An ever changing business with high expectations and demanding goals for the future.
Manager-Core installation and repair (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 3, 2016
AT&T is a great place to have a career. The expectations are high and you are compensated for that expectation. Managing people comes with a price, that being 50-80 hour work weeks depending on your tasks. As a craft employee, you have high expectations for high-level integrity and customer focus. You need to be able to change yourself and your mindset with the change in customer and company expectations. The company is constantly evolving with the times and requires a new set of thinkings for that evolution. Expect constant change. The company has set some demanding goals to keep up with the changing world.
Pros
the constant change in technology and the worlds requirements
Cons
keeping up with all the changes, they come fast.
Great place to work with great pay if you're under the correct management
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PennsylvaniaMay 3, 2016
AT&T has amazing training and really takes care of their new hires. There is amazing room for advancement and the pay can be unbelievable. On the larger regional and national scale, it's extremely well structured and organized, however its a roll of the dice when you're starting out if you will be under good management or not. The professionalism and atmosphere can very greatly from one location to another. One store may have professional management with a welcoming atmosphere, while another store only 45 minutes away under different management may be like the "cool kids club" that is impossible to fit in to and is run like the wild west with double standards and no rhyme or reason. Overall great company, just hope that when you're new that you are able to be placed in a more professional location (normally the slightly larger city stores)
Pros
great pay, amazing training fully funded by the company, professional
Cons
work nights, weekends and holidays, smaller city stores can be very "clicky"
Hard work with alot of overtime.
Premises Technician (Former Employee) –  5189 Delmar, St. LouisMay 3, 2016
Transfered into U-verse from SBC Video Services and worked for them for 5.5 years. Started to have trouble with the lack of time at home, I would like to get back into a steady career and find a new line of work.
Pros
Good pay and benifits
Cons
Overtime and work load.
Competitive and fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 3, 2016
I enjoyed working with a team of motivated sales associates with one common goal and vision. Meeting with new customers was exciting and made me proud of the services that were provided. Building relationships with new and potential customers was very satisfying and I appreciated being able to make a lasting connection with the people I worked with and the customers we served.
Pros
Travel, team building, friendly competition
Benefits
amazing place to work
Interference Analysis Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2016
Company value their employees. Company is committed to deliver quality. Gives opportunity to diverse people. Gives opportunity to young engineers.
Meeting new people everyday
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMay 2, 2016
Your work day was never the same you always have the opportunity to meet new and amazing people.

I learned how to work in tough competitive working environment that is very competitive and you may not have the nicest coworkers.

Management wasn't the best but not everyone is perfect so you have to learn to work through any situation.

The hardest part of the job was some coworkers in an enclosed competitive environment will make it their job to make your job harder so you have to be self motivated to better.
Pros
meeting new people, pay, you can be yourself
Cons
not best working environment, have to watch for people taking competition too far, no work life family balance.
Bright office with a lot of perks
Technical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 2, 2016
We had daily team huddles that provided a lot of information and encouragement from the team leaders. The co-workers were awesome and there were plenty of perks like trips and new tvs, and points you could use to buy other things. The one biggest think i disliked was that when AT&T bought Directv, they changed the scheduling and made everyone go to a flexible schedule and they also got rid of part time, which made it hard for single parents or people in school that needed a set schedule.
Sales managment
Government & Education Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 2, 2016
quotas are raised to be unreachable AT&T has cut down on several support roles making the job difficult to perform your duties.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
commison swings