AT&T Employee Reviews

Found 15,091 reviews matching the search
Great benefits
CUSTOMER SERVICE/MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 27, 2017
salary awesome benefits outstanding great place to work until relocate you for the fifth time. hardest part no stability best part id the salary and the learning experience
Pros
money
Cons
unpredictable
Equipment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 27, 2017
Directv did have a room with exercise equipment. Directv also have games like guitar hero.

You were allowed to play computer games at your work station during long periods of in-activity.
Pros
Free foods were available during holidays like Christmas, and thanksgiving. Sometimes Directv would have free food.
Cons
High pressure jobs. As a repesentaitve I was always threatened to "explore your options, " Never had a stabled schedule, People were always giving me problems.
Professional Workplace with personalized space and group support
Business Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 27, 2017
AT&T stands above most in compensation and benefits in this local area. It is a Union supported position and so each schedule is consistent for 6 month increments with little or no overtime allowing a good balance between work and life. Management works directly with each employee with a consistent emphasis on training and re-training. The workplace is pleasant, with entertainment and hot food available during the one hour lunch. The only thing lacking is opportunities for advancement unless you are willing to relocate.
Pros
professional atmosphere and treatment
Cons
the work itself is stress filled and can have health impacts after prolonged duration
Stressful job
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMarch 27, 2017
Directv was an exceptional place to work for. Once At&t took over that tried to fix a system that worked and failed. The work environment is highly stressful. If you can't deal getting yelled at on the phone do not bother applying. The staff is excellent. I have zero complaints with the leaders they have all been very nice atnnd friendly as well as willing to help.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
High stress, will create anxiety
Productive and fun place to work.
AT&T Customer Service & Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 27, 2017
Productive and fun place to work with great co-workers. The only down-side would be the late shifts and weekends (new hires will work late nights and every Saturday).
Pros
Poll table, ping pong table, basketball and more.
Cons
Working Saturdays
You will earn your paycheck at AT&T
Wire Technician (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMarch 27, 2017
Tough work but fair pair.

Union environment.

Be prepared to be frustrated with the CEO.

I appreciated the salary as it was fair, however, the amount of headache required to deal with upper management made this job not worth it to me.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management and Union clashes all the time
Not very proficient
Supply Attendant/ Fiber Optic Splicer (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIMarch 27, 2017
I loved this position but unfortunately it was a term position and my time there ended when the term was over. I enjoyed my co-workers and my manager was nice but I think he let to many people take advantage of him.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not very much interest shown by management.
Overall good to place to work
Professional Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 26, 2017
Good work life balance
Career growth is slow compared to rest of the industry
Benefits are good
Co workers are friendly
The company is innovating
One can learn a lot by working on various projects
Amazing Family, not amazing pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILMarch 26, 2017
My co workers are absolutely amazing. I'm currently stuck in the position of loving who I work with, but absolutely hating how much I make. Most postings for the job state ~$30k-$45k, I currently am making ~$14k working full time. The way their structure their commission means that if you happen to be at a slower store it is difficult to even get a commission paycheck. The overall job is a great sales job if the store gets enough traffic to make a good commission, however the amount of work you do is not at all worth minimum wage.

Recommend if you find a busy store
Otherwise stay away.
Pros
Great Culture, Laid back job
Cons
Company makes changes every month, Location determins how much you will make
fun and secure workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMarch 26, 2017
Answering phone calls help customer with multiple issue (phone related,bill information,account issue,troubleshooting phones)

very friendly environment
Pros
big bonus every 3 month

Want to know more about AT&T?

Ask a question
Great Job Culture

Continued growth and training
Productive and enjoyable environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 26, 2017
This was a great company to work for I really enjoyed it and everyone I got to work around was fun and the things I was doing were fairly easy. Overall I feel like it was a pretty good job for me.
Pros
45 min lunches
Great work location
Program Manager/Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Juneau and, AKMarch 26, 2017
Great work location, awesome people with interesting work. Management was open and available. This was the land line group and much different from the wireless group.
Large brand, well known and respected
Customer Response Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 25, 2017
While the division in which I worked was relocated to Syracuse, NY, while it was here, it was a well liked location by the roughly 800 employees which were stationed there.
Pros
positive work environment, extremely competitive pay structure, promotability
Cons
relocated and closed the location
Worst Company
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXMarch 25, 2017
They don't and will not value you. Ever. Not after 3 years not after 12. They just want to take money out of your pocket while expected you to make them millions.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, poor ethics.
Long Term Job
SPLICING SPECIALS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 25, 2017
This is a long term job. The employees are very dedicated and take their work quality very seriously. On the job safety is given high priority and employees are expected to comply with OSHA regulations.
Pros
Concern for Employee Safety on the job.
Cons
High job completion expectation.
I loved this job
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Passaic County, NJMarch 25, 2017
I started when I was 18 years old and stayed for over 31 years. I loved the flexibility of hours and days. The salary and benefits were also a plus. I worked in many locations and held several positions until they downsized and move out of state.
lets just say AT&t will make the Best out of you.
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMarch 25, 2017
six weeks hands on training in class as well preparer us to be completely ready To go live on sales Floor. companies Rules & Pay structure is what motivated us to beyond your capacity.
Good Company
Premises Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2017
The company is a great one nothing bad to say about them at all. The pay is fair and the benefits are pretty good. A lot of great people work there...
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
Not enough hours
Hit and miss
Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2017
Was there over 5 years. Some work locations are great with great managers... others you hate life and dread going to work every day. Super high stress company so if you can't deal with high stress and policies that frequently change then it's not for you.
Pros
Great pay and benifets.
Cons
Stupid high stress, different work locations are run vastly different

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.

75%