AT&T Employee Reviews

Found 13,853 reviews matching the search
Great Pay and Benefits
Associate Client Tech Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 1, 2016
Very good company to work for, most employees are overloaded with work. Co Workers are great, they offer some telecommute positions. The most enjoyable part was learning cloud and new technologies
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Overloaded with work, insecurity of employees due to mass lay offs and outsourcing, experienced employees being replaced by people with degrees
coworkers are great
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2016
Mgmnt seemingly forced to micromanage EVERYTHING due to pressure from upper mgmnt made for a hostile environment on a pretty regular basis. Some managers handled the pressure well, almost thrived on it: while others seemed as though they would do anything (legal or not) to try and get to or maintain position in the district. You have the confidence going in that you have the better product makes the job funner and easier.
I worked from non management to management with the opportunities that were offered and I accepted.
Business Manager Analyst - IT (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CADecember 1, 2016
Most people were management so we were responsible for our jobs, scheduled meetings, we were on time-lined projects so we knew what had to be done and when. If we did have problems we did have a team leader that would help us or get someone to assist. The best part was there was no one looking over your shoulder every minute but were there if needed.
Pros
Able to telecommute 2 days a week, didn't have to leave the office there was a gym, food court, banking all in the building.
Cons
I worked in San Ramon, CA and lived in Modesto, CA so there was a 65 mile drive.
Very large company with old culture
Senior Strategic Pricing Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedminster, NJDecember 1, 2016
Most in the workforce have been in the company for decades. There is not a lot of movement between jobs. This results in a very old practices and difficulty having agile teams.
Great Company
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2016
Great company with easy access to income raise based on performance and commission sales. Great opportunity for growth.
Productive with great people but also micromanaged.
IT SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 1, 2016
Answer phones, assists issues accordingly, screen information, direct calls. Schedule repairs, installs, configurations, and troubleshooting software.Process transactions and payments in an efficient manner and multitask while interacting with several programs to assist customers. Maintain work area in terms of cleanliness and hygiene.
Provide administrative assistance with a high degree if professionalism.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Breaks
Diversity and Inclusion experiences have deteriorated over the last 3 years.
Marketing- Lead Channel Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 30, 2016
I have spent a great number of years with the company and most have been very enjoyable. Lately however, it seems that employees are no longer required to adhere to the quality elements that made the company great, including the Extraordinary Leader model and motto that embracing diversity allows for more creativity and innovation.
Pros
Great Health Benefits
Cons
We pay more for health benefits
AT&T Directv
LEARNING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLNovember 30, 2016
Hiring manager for the site for about 2 hours, OCP mentoring, training the trainers. My Coworkers are excellent to work with. I have had many travel opportunities with this company.
Good company, good people
Network Force Load Analyst (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 30, 2016
Employee's at AT&T are family. I am close to my peers but the company is going to an SDN driven company so if you enjoy coding then AT&T is a great company to work for.
Pros
Great pay, good insurance
Cons
upper management failes to understand day to day roadblocks of employees
poor work life balance
U-Verse Wire Technician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 30, 2016
A position for AT&T as a WireTech is a good job but a dead end job. Any hope for advancement is based on seniority and better positions above WireTech are being done away with so WireTechs do all job titles at the lowest pay scale of the company.
Excellent training & emloyee support
Advanced Call Specialist (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTNovember 30, 2016
A great company to work for. Excellent training and advancement opportunities. Good opportunity to earn bonuses each month. Co-workers are friendly &and supportive.
Pros
environment
Cons
changes
Inbound Call Center
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHNovember 30, 2016
I handled all aspects of telecommunications needs for small business owners. From ordering, installation and or repair. answered customer question or complaint. resolved all issues for customers. Met strict sales quota every month 100%
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
micro managed
Retail is Retail
Bi-Lingual Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 30, 2016
Great part time job for college student etc. Need to be able to push promos and sell. Great starter sales job for anyone curious in pursuing the industry.
Pros
Great starter job
Cons
retail
Fun Friendly enviroment
DISPATCHER/ CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2016
 Answer calls for roadside assistance customer of AT&T all over the United States
 Assist customers with lock outs, flat tires, wheel lift and rollback towing to auto shops and homes. Also help vehicle with special needs such as winching.
 Locate customers where based upon information given such as last know street or town they went through.
 Calm customers in panic situations so that I could assist them better
Great pay Over managed
Premises Technician (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILNovember 30, 2016
Micromanaged every single day. Mandatory overtime. Great pay. IBEW has almost no power at all during negotiations. Great with suppling tools needed for job. Great benefits.
Customer Care Consultant
Wireless & Internet Service (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 30, 2016
Very High volume inbound call center, assist all customers with there billing concerns, troubleshooting there wireless devices, setup payment arrangements , worked overtime when offered. Made commissions, exceed all required goals. Hardest part of the job was dealing with very irate customers that were upset because of charges on there bill for services that were supposed to be removed and they were not. This company did not play around with attendance or tardiness - which was nice due to a lot of people would take advantage of the company if this were not in place.
Pros
vacation time, commission
poor work life balance
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LA 70001November 30, 2016
poor management. Does not consider opinions of workers.It's there way or no way. Very high turnover rate. But hey this company is here to stay and only getting better. Poor work life balance.
Cons
Managemnet, turnover, lay offs
Enthusiastic open minded team
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJNovember 29, 2016
I had a very great time working for this company. The whole team got along very well in order to complete the required projects to be completed on time!
HR doesnt Listen to the truth
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYNovember 29, 2016
They fired me over an issue that never occured. Instead, they believed two persons who were being fired over the actual manager about what actually happened. They fired me, then fired the other two employees within a week. I actually won my unemployment case due to the fact that I was fired for no wrongdoing when it was investigated
I loved it
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CANovember 29, 2016
I really enjoyed working for at&t it was a great company. Great benefits- health insurance and 401k. On a daily basis I answered phone calls, helped customers with any issues they had with phone bills and in the last years 2013-2016 we also helped with cell phone issues. We mostly did collections trying to have customers pay their outstanding bills due. I am bilingual, my calls where mostly spanish but I had to help our english customers as well.
Pros
great benefits