AT&T Employee Reviews

Productive and a fast pace work place
Sales/Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 21, 2017
A day in the life of an ATT representative is very productive, it is an inbound call center in which we deal with customer concerns regarding billing, sales and technical issues with the following services TV, internet, landlines or cellphones. We build on customer satisfaction. Meeting all customer needs. The workplace is very culture diverse and the most enjoyable part of this job is having the ability to interact with people all around the country.
AT&T was a fun company to work for
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hiram, GAOctober 21, 2017
AT&T was a great company to work for with room for advancement and fair pay. The benefits at AT&T were awesome. The sales reps had company paid cell phones as well as company paid uniforms.
Not a great place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 21, 2017
You are required to stay at your desk the entire time - if you need to use the restroom, you are required to wait until your break. If you need to go any other time, too bad.
very stressful job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCOctober 20, 2017
answering calls and helping customers with internet issues and helping them to fix issues in home by phone. The company pays good and has great benefits
Career Opportunities are decided before you apply
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 20, 2017
AT&T as a company is actually a great company but if you are in an area where only people in a fraternity or of people of the same ethnicity are the only people considered then you are forced to transfer to another market or find employment else where if you want to move up in the company. I have worked in multiple markets and it was different from one to the other so this is isolated but the main reason I am leaving as I cannot relocate. So because the company has no checks in balances on this, any area could be subject to this problem even though this problem is not everywhere.
Pros
Great discounts and some decent benefits
Cons
possibility to get stuck where you are and not able to fix it
Pay and Benefits were great.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 20, 2017
You have to bid on new shifts every 2 or 3 months, and what shift you got depended on seniority. Supervisors also had to bid on shifts, so you usually got a different Supervisor depending on your seniority and theirs. This is a very fast-paced stressful work environment, but they offered lots of training classes, especially if they were changing your work requirements. The call center is high-volume and extremely fast-paced. I enjoyed learning new things, so with all of the training we received, there was always something new to be learned. I actually liked talking to customers and assisting them with how to use the smartphone. Most customers are very understanding and I always got a lot of accolades. What I disliked the most was the environment created by most of the supervisors, it was usually not pleasant, but there were some very good supervisors too, if you were lucky to get on their team, the environment was usually much less stressful.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Breaks were too short considering the amount of stress.
Good company
Senior Specialist - Network Support (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 20, 2017
Good company but like all others, is getting caught up with bottom line numbers. Headcounts will lower while attempting to keep profits higher. Benefits are outstanding.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Surplus cuts are frequent
ok starting job
Team Leader / Sales (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 20, 2017
discounts on uverse cable, phone, internet, digital life, cell phones, accessories. orange points. If you worked in sales and are used to meeting tough deadlines youll make it
Productive environment
Process Support Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2017
Management was good. Culture was competitive but encouraging. Felt truly valued within my role. Loved my supervisor and coworkers.I think it will vary a bit between locations and departments, but overall, this is an excellent company to work for.
No Thank you
Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2017
No Thank you. I don't care to be included in this feed back system. I was simply wanting to submit a resume to get a new job and finish out a career somewhere else.
Productive and fun place
Full Stack Developer (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAOctober 20, 2017
Get a user story, and do it.
Get a defect, and fix it.
Good work life balance.
Cool office. Loved the building. Had a lake.
Friendly coworkers, and nice managers.
A fantastic place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 20, 2017
I very much enjoyed the experience of working for AT&T and would happily go back if given the opportunity. The hours can be a bit strange depending on which shift you bid for but they are amazing about doing everything they can to give the shift that is best for you.
inbound calls sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 20, 2017
nice work environment, had a verbatim sheet to read from when calls came through customers would call in and you would help them place an order for direct TV services.
Will update shortly
Field Manager U-verse Network Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2017
You have to understand the outside environment can be treacherous at times, but otherwise it is a great place to work.
Plenty of opportunities for advancement and mobility.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Work/life balance
Fun
Sr. Specialist-Client Technical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2017
Learned a lot and worked with some great people, ATT headed towards big things, they have a huge vision, the company is growing, kudos to the CEO.learned a lot..
Average Company
WIre Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 20, 2017
This company itself is not good at all to work for. The hours are demanding and so is the work. They expect the best quality but don't pay their workers accordingly. The hardest part of the job is the constant changes of rules and safety requirements of the company. They are very strict and don't forgive if you mess up......DO NOT WORK HERE!.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Employee perks, 50% Off anything at&t.
Cons
Demanding hours, low compensation, not for people with families.
Boo
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 19, 2017
I would never recommend this place at least as a sales associate. Managers cuss at you and yell at you in front of other employees. I never received proper training and I got depressed having to go into work. never again. Wish I never started.
Horrible hours and stress after many years of service
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOOctober 19, 2017
My manager is great, but the workplace morale is bad. Impossible objectives while the company promotes "integrity'. What a joke. AT&T has no integrity.
Pros
paid vacation, excellent pay, excellent benefits
Cons
stress
From toolbox talk, to the prep work.
Civil tech (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 19, 2017
My favorite part of the day was pulling up on site, sitting by the outside of the site and talk about the job and, everybody's opinion's on where to actually start the job from the very beginning until it ends 100% complete every Time while the whole team is copesthetic with one another.
Pros
per diem
Stressful workplace with no job security
Specialist-Network Support (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 19, 2017
I work cell site troubles - It's a very repetitive job - We have a good local manager but CEO is untrustworthy and only interested in revenue and not customers - There are multiple job lay-offs in the company every year which gives you no job security - Basically, we are high paid secretaries in a very unsatisfying occupation in the group I am in.
Pros
Fairly good benifits
Cons
No job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.