AT&T
5,599 reviews

AT&T Employer Reviews

Fast paced sales enviroment
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: free lunch for meeting quotas
Cons: no work life balance
A typical day at work consisted of meeting with customers, presenting products and services and close sales. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting and talking with people on a daily, working with great co workers and having a great work enviroment.
Was a good company
Area Manager (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: was a great place to work
Cons: see comments
I started as a kid there. Was a wonderful place to work. The people were great and everyone worked together to achieve the companies goals.

Then SBC bought and ruined that great company. The end
Excellent Pay and Benifits
Staff Associate Admin (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: medical benefits, pay and wonderful people
Cons: there were no company sponsored events with our department
I loved working for AT&T, I have learned so much and it was exciting to work with wonderful Manager's and Service Reps for 15years.

Unfortunately there is really no job security these day's, I am taking an involuntary buy out. I really would have liked to retire from the company but that is not in the cards for me.

When one door closes another one will open.

I am looking forward to the future working for a place that I can be at my best in helping people and customers and grow with the company.
High pressure sales
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJanuary 29, 2015
High pressure to perform

Tenure is not something they value

Coaching and development is not fostered

Teamwork is nonexistent as it is very much a "one man sport"

The pay is what keeps employees there.
Team work enviroment
Media Consultant (Former Employee), Fort Worth TexasJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: supervisor would buy lunch base on sales activities.
Cons: one hour lunch break
Training was great and we always had opportunities to grow.
Productive and great place to learn and grow
Technical Architect (Current Employee), Middletown NJJanuary 29, 2015
great place to work. Really good for APM and custom workflow for Techs.
fun work enviorment
Customer Relations (Former Employee), phxJanuary 29, 2015
Not a great place to work if you have a buisy schedule and family
Easy going work environment
Term Splicer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: no being over-worked. mostly everyone boost up team morale with good outlooks on work days
Cons: term positions at first. low pay for entry-level workers
AT&T is a fun place to work. The management team gets along great with the workers from my point of view. I learned a lot about network construction.
Project Manager - Product Development (Former Employee), Bedminster, NJJanuary 29, 2015
Good people; given all the tools necessary to perform responsibilities
Slave driving, soul sucking pit of misery
Prem Tech (Current Employee), Fort Worth, txJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: pay...sort of. if you looked my job up, it should be $10 more an hour.
Cons: management, hours, atmosphere, culture, revolving door for workers.
Never have I worked in a place that promotes lying and cheating so blatantly. If you happen to be one of the people who does the job legitimately, you'll never get promoted. The hours are terrible and the union that is "there to help" is utterly useless. Twice we've needed to strike and twice someone got their palm greased to keep it from happening. All that matters at the end of the day is you supervisor's numbers. They have no issue making you climb poles in the pouring rain while its pitch black, and once you climb down, they will write you up for working in an unsafe manner. Att has hired and fired more good people in short time than any other place Ive ever worked. This company is a joke. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.
productive place to work
Business Account Executive (Former Employee), santa monica caJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: compensation independent work
Cons: started to clock in and out
work consisted of cold calling and diorite door sales

how to manage small to big accounts

management was great always motivated

door to door sales

meeting with small and big businesses
Descent place to work
Premise Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great teamwork
Cons: no work life balance. scheduled based on senority
Not a bad place to work but not the best either. Typical union structured company. Like all companies, they are about production and numbers. Unfortunately production is at a cost of quality. I dont think Management really understand the concept of the less time they give to do a job, quality suffers which result in unhappy customers. On the brighter side the technicians all have a great teamwork mentality.
Quiet environment to work in
Customerservice Rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville FlJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: health care, nice breaks
Cons: no job securities
When I first get into work I would log onto my PC and sign onto my phone. I would go on to take call and troube shoot internet connection issues. I would go on an take 2 15 min breaks through out the day, and a hour lng break for lunch.
Fast paced industry with great people
Project Support / Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Mesa, ArizonaJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: vendor communication
Cons: no benefits (health, dental, paid vacation)
I enjoy working for a large company because it allows me to experience different situations in the workplace and gain independence within my chosen field of work. At AT&T we are responsible for working closely with project managers and site aquisition managers often seeing a project from the first milestone to the last.
Flexible
Small Business Account Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2015
My manager and coworkers are awesome. The job is very flexible as long as you make your quarter.
Great Place, Great location
Accounts Payable Speciatlist (Former Employee), St. Louis MissouriJanuary 28, 2015
All of my coworkers were great and it was like a family. I enjoyed working with them very much. Hardest part of the job was to manage the heavy load of work. And the was the most enjoyable part too because seeing everyone working hard and trying to meet the deadline was great. It showed how much everyone loved their work and enjoy their work.
A day at Arjay Wireless
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Garden City, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: paid bills, good working environment
Cons: had their own rules and contracts that at&t itself did not have. cut commission
Aside from the fact that this was a third party authorized dealer for AT&T, the company itself wasn't bad. A normal day at work was how you would expect any retail job to be. The only down side of this was the fact that the company had extra rules towards employees and customers that even AT&T found to be out of the ordinary, which demotivated sales reps and customers to make purchases from us. Had that been changed, the company would have done a lot better. Also used to cut commission in any way possible.
Great Money and team work.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKJanuary 28, 2015
•Exceeded new line activation by 25% to 40% on a consentient monthly basis.
•Won awards for surpassing home entertainment and internet sales goals
•Met with customers to discussed solutions for their personal and business needs
•Multi-task in a fast paced team environment
•Educate customers on different operating systems, phones, and service plans.
•Certified as a small business expert by creating over 6 business accounts in a rolling 4 month period
AT&T Prem Tech
Premises Technician (Former Employee), Orange Park, FloridaJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: working independently, strong team environment with the other techs.
Cons: performance is based on reaching the required numbers. a bad month can end your career.
As a Prem Tech with AT&T I learned a great deal about cabling and trouble shooting as each home provided new and different challenges. The work was fun and allowed for creativity in installation as you work independently. There was a great deal of support between team members as one day you may need advice on a project and the next day you are called to help another tech. Management was strictly by the book with zero leeway for the smallest of issues. Safety was priority number one with customer satisfaction a close second. Overall a great experience but in order to have the possibility of advancement requires the ability to play politics and knowing who requires the greatest amount of attention. The union is strong and looks after its members closely. I would recommend this position to anyone with basic cabling skills, a strong work ethic, strong attention to detail and wants to break into the AT&T family.
Excellent company to work for. Great salaray, benefits, opportunity, and room for growth.
Information Specialist (Former Employee), Basking Ridge, NJJanuary 28, 2015