AT&T
6,276 reviews

AT&T United States Employee Reviews

Customer Focused, Good Training Programs for all aspects of Company, Overall Management is average
Senior Training Instructor (Former Employee), Tustin, Sacramento, San Leandro, Los Angeles, CA,April 30, 2015
Pros: Time schedules, work loads, free thinking, work locations
Cons: Dress attire, Methods and Procedures, how California operates compared to the other states
A new class of students every Monday set the stage for the week ahead.
I learned all students are different, from all walks of life.
Management, their comprehension of job tasks, understanding personnel, and the needs of the business varied at all levels, some good some not so good.
Co-workers were some of the best I have had the pleasure of instructing with. All had different backrounds, techniques, and personalities, which blended well together to make the students learn.
The hardest part of the job was the constant change in the Ad-Min process and understanding which direction the company was headed.
The most enjoyable part was the reaction from the students in what they took from the classes, the interactions and relating to them on personal levels and the feedback received when the class finished.
Not a god experience
Small Business Consultant (Former Employee), Winston SalemApril 30, 2015
Pros: Senority
Cons: Good Pay
A lot politicking. Seniority was also a problem and hindered advancement. It was easy for management to black ball you and hinder you from advancement.
Wire Tech not worth the hassel
Wire Technician (Former Employee), FloridaApril 30, 2015
Do not apply for a Wire Tech position in the southeast. There is very little, if any, union protection. Managers will single you out for not meeting numbers, and play fast and loose with the guidelines and rules. Poor management culture. Entirely driven by meeting numbers. Low regard for safety in the field, until something happens, then it is always the technician's fault and not the company/management that kept pushing.
Great company with great benefits
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: benefits, 401K, continued training, employee services
I loved working at Bluegrass Cellular. I was given opportunities, education, and experience that I have used throughout my entire career life. Bluegrass offers decent pay, a great balance of life and work, awesome benefits, and the best 401K program.
Everyone would jump hoops to have Bellsouth back
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 29, 2015
Pros: hourly pay, benefits
Cons: I would be writing a book
High turn over rate
Poor management and corporate support
50% drop in commission in 1 year
Greedy company customer satisfaction last
No Opportunity for growth
Miami Call Center THE WORST
Be prepared to told different things from everyone
Targeted if not on managements good side
Lots of opportunity to try and learn new things due to size of company
Associate Director (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 29, 2015
Overall great team of dedicated employees who care about each other and our customers. Lots of opportunity to learn new things due to size of company.
We got surplussed
Multimedia Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2015
The most enjoyable part was getting outages posted so we could get a lot customer service could be restored at one time. Much of the work was proprietary in nature so I cannot say so much about it. We did do the best that we could in all circumstances.
High competitive salary with room to grow
Premise Technician (Former Employee), Southfield, MIApril 29, 2015
Pros: free HD, phone discounts
Cons: never know what time you're getting off daily
Show up in the morning and get the equipment needed for the day. get on the computer and get your job head to your customer home and do the work desired. most enjoyable part of the job is the interactions and relationships built with customers but the hardest part of the job is working in all types of turbulent weather and no consistency on what time you get off work daily
I dont mind a fun work place but i rather handle bussiness
Sales Representative/Trainer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 29, 2015
A typical work day consist of help numerous customers and fellow employees with varies activities and and handling numerous accts.
fast work multi tasking alot
Field Service Technician IV (Current Employee), Tulsa OklahomaApril 29, 2015
start at 8 am and never really knew when your getting off was out sometimes till 2 am fixing something.
ATT taught me how to train people
managers were awesome as long as you did your job right.
hardest part is its very physical and you have to be able to be self motivated.
best part is the pay rate it is hard to beat.
positions for any skillsets. ability for advancement.constant change
Home Solutions Sales Executive (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 29, 2015
Pros: discounts on service
Cons: things change daily, (whih might not be a bad thing)
I have been with ATT for the lat 8 yrs. Nothing bad to report, great company, just looking to expand my horizons.

There are lots of changes being made, salaries, discounts, benefits, buying up new companies. So there's definitely growth opportunities,

Must be able to adapt to changes.
Excellent company with few issues
Network Technician Electronic (Former Employee), Meriden, CTApril 29, 2015
Found AT&T to be an excellent company with great opportunities. Only issue was the reduction of positions within my state and not being able to leave this region to continue employment with them.
Fun place to work, friendly employees
Sales Support (Former Employee), Chevy Chase, MDApril 29, 2015
overall a very fun place to work, sales support was fun since I had done inventory before. It takes a lot to have accurate and organized inventory, the second part of the job was greeting customers and signing them up for assistance. I learned to be extremely careful when receiving product for inventory accuracy since a lot of the items were high cost items. Management was great, worked with you and from the beginning arranged a schedule to get tasks completed. The people I worked with were overall friendly and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was that it seemed as the whole day was spent in there since we worked 9 hour shifts and most of us lived about an hour away. The most enjoyable part was working as a team and getting things done.
good job
Sales Support/Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Dallas, TxApril 28, 2015
Pros: pay & benefits
Cons: hours
Great Company to work for excellent benefits hours are difficult long meetings weekly, company changes very frequently must be willing to adapt to change, pay is competitive, must sell plus ones with every customer
Good place to work:
Prem Technician-U-verse (Current Employee), East St. LouisApril 28, 2015
Pros: Money, benefits, opportunity for overtime.
Cons: Lack of day to day structure or routine, clock out time is a huge question mark, no clue when I'm going to get home every day.
Great people to be around. Each day is an adventure with no two days being the same. This is a bit of a double edged sword because it also means each day is a huge question mark and you deal with endless day to day variables. Probably not a great fit for people who need a structure. My manager is great and so are benefits with solid pay.

To literally describe what I've learned it's how to hookup internet, television, and phone service to homes and/or businesses. More importantly I've learned how to manage my own inventory and vehicle and be responsible for myself when approaching day to day installations and repairs where I am primarily responsible for coming up with solutions to problems via critical thinking.

It's bettered both my organization skills and my ability to effectively communicate with individuals outside a typical comfort zone.
I enjoyed the day to day interactions and hours wernt too late
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee), Atwater, CAApril 28, 2015
Pros: out of work by 9pm, good pay, room for advancement
Cons: point system for absences, high call volumes, upset customers
Assited customer that had their land line phone and mobile phone services combined with questions or concerns on their bills and basic troubleshooting of their devices. It was sometimes challenging assisting upset customers.
Great Pay!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), El Paso TexasApril 28, 2015
A fast-paced environment with good management program and great opportunities for advancement. This company offers great incentives and a competitive pay rate, as well as flexible schedules.
Awesome staff and Non-Profit Organization
Receptionist (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasApril 28, 2015
It was like going to visit family everyday. Everyone was pleasant and full of energy. Very Diverse.. The CEO was very friendly. Many good days in a short period of time.
Great Co-workers and Management Staff, Fast Paced, and Exceptionally Engaging
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 28, 2015
Before working for AT&T, I associated cellular carriers only with phones, but in reality, AT&T has so much more to offer their customers. I learned all about the phones and plans they sell while also becoming more familiar with their other available products such as, tablets, digital life, Uverse TV bundles, home phone services, and internet packages. There are a plethora of electronic accessories available to buyers that were unknown to me before I began working at AT&T. The management staff not only taught me about all of these items, but also observed the interactions that staff had with the customers providing feed back that enhanced our sales abilities.
Fast paced enviroment, great workplace.
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Atwater, CAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Discounts and great benefits
Cons: Scheduling blocks
I got to work with customers all over the U.S. I really enjoyed the fast paced environment where everyday. The management was great to work for, very fair work/life balance.

About AT&T

At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great – Read more

AT&T Salaries