AT&T Employee Reviews

Found 13,920 reviews matching the search
Be Afraid
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 29, 2016
I was always afraid to be fired from this job every morning before going into work. I worked there for 2 years before I decided to quit. I had to lose the stress of being afraid of my job. The management was great until ATT took over Directv. It became a Micromanaged company. I couldn't find any happiness with in the building, and even in my own time, all i could do was talk about how much i hated it.
once, my supervisor was in charge of 9 people. if we retained enough people we would be given a ticket and win BIG prizes. well... if we get a ticket then our supervisor gets one too. It went on for 2 weeks and when they drew prizes nobody on our team won any prizes, but my supervisor won 2 xbox ones. BAD recognition program.
Pros
free gym, great benefits, awesome employee parts.
Cons
how mean the customers are. they said id be happier and make more in retention, i wasn't.
At&t = at this time
Leveraged Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 26, 2016
It's an every changing environment where one day you're praised for doing one thing then you being punished for doing the same thing. Lack of a solid direction and your managers interpretation of where you should be focusing can effect you day to day. Especially with manager shuffle. One week you're with one person and you understand their "rules" the nest month someone new with a new style.
Pros
Good money for the stress they put you through
Rewarding Career
Regional Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 5, 2016
Great Company! The benefits keep me here. The insurance is great and affordable. They are paying for my college! I just wish the compensation did not continue to decrease, but I do see the benefits/comp as a package deal. As far as management goes, the business partners are silo . The job is not hard, but you will deal with your share of jerks. Corporate politics, and just remember, it's not what but who you know if you want to advance.
Benefits
Cons
Management Culture
Productive work environment where consistent learning is encouraged
Sales Manager III (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2016
As a retail store manager with AT&T, I gained a wealth of knowledge. I was expected to learn quickly as our products and strategies change frequently. This position is complex because it entails focusing all of the aspects of the business, juggling sales goals, dealing with union/personnel issues, and operational tasks is a balancing act. The most difficult part of this transition was learning to effectively organize my day and delegate/follow up effectively. It is impossible to do it all, so putting processes in place is essential. I encountered an amazing support team in my peers. I was able to lean on them in various situations and I built long term friendships with many. My leadership is not open to new ideas and people are afraid to speak their minds. I believe that a successful company culture promotes open feedback and encourages ideas from employees at all levels. I truly enjoyed the impact that I was ablate have on my staff. I love developing them so they are able to get promoted or achieve a goal they have been striving towards.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
No work life balance
Great opportunity for advancement
Employee (Former Employee) –  South DaktoaNovember 16, 2016
If you're willing to move there is room for advancement in a company of this size. Depending on your position work life balance, though something AT&T is working on, is not great. In my position I am on call 7 days a week and working 45- 55 hours per week. Benefits are good and wages are comparable.
Benefits
Cons
Work life balance/upper management
Very Productive and great place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CADecember 2, 2016
To work at AT&T – like the opportunity to grow, the awesome benefits and fun culture. It's a great place to grow in the Technology field. The people are so pleasant and soon become you family instantly. They all work hard and pull together to get the job done. They keep up on the latest communication skills be having training classes and workshops.
Pros
first to see the products and how they work and discounts on the items
Contractor Experience...
Instructional Designer and Developer (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 3, 2016
The work environment in Irving is incredible and the people there are great. The Irving office actually has no offices for management. Everyone has a kiosk. If people need to have meetings there are "quiet rooms" for privacy. Their walls are glass which you can write on. Very slick. There are small chat areas where you can break with fellow employees (just off of your kiosk area), and a cafeteria with 2 executive chefs. Time literally flies by after you do a hard day's work.

From what I've seen and heard, the benefits working there as are the opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Fantastic work spaces, cafeteria, location for walking areas, easy access to DART
Communications Technician (Current Employee) –  Pratt, KSNovember 21, 2016
Pros
Company provided tools and equipment, access to help in work / life balance, incentive awards that are perfomance based, access to training that improve your skills.
Cons
At my previous job, I was forced to work long hours and holidays.
Stimulating work environment.
Sr. Contract / Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Metropolitan Chicago AreaNovember 17, 2016
AT&T is a great company to work for. It's a challenging environment because of the ever changing telecommunications industry. Managers become agents of change by being flexible and understanding that the only constant in our business is change. The compensation package is comparable to the telecom industry. Best of all for me is that we're the Gold Standard in the industry and take real pride in that level of recognition.
Pros
Cons
Long hours that are required when managing a team, all of the additional requirements placed on a manager that makes him / her a specialist in: HR, Payroll, Union Issues, and an assortnent of other tasks that consume too much admin time to complete.
Great benefits/promotes work/life balance/ promotes higher education
Manager (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCNovember 28, 2016
I ran a team of 16 agents and found my job well structure. I would coach/meet with my agents provide training they needed. AT&T promotes a family environment and work/life balance. I was promoted with in my company several times over the 9 year period so advancement is a real possibility.
Pros
Great benefits, vacation time. 401k, vision, dental
Cons
Health insurance has a large deductable
High Stress, Great immediate supervisor support up from there gets dodgy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTNovember 9, 2016
As a call center the work is emotional taxing as generally people call in with problems in some cases about 20% I would say without real solutions available over the phone. For example not wanting to pay bill, technical issues requiring a technician home visit or repeat callers who have been told before no in relation to a credit or other request. Immediate management is good in my experience. Recently unionized right before I left. The hardest part is dealing with people you cannot help or need to say no to. The best part is the team atmosphere. Recent schedule changes to a 6 month rolling shift bid means every six months you may end up on a new team with a new supervisor.
Pros
Team atmosphere, benefits
Cons
Pressure to meet goals, ATT merger (Prior DTV) has damaged team atmosphere
Difficult work, lots of difficult tasks, pay did not increase with amount of work
Premises Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 2, 2016
I learned lots about internet services, signal flow, safety equipment, fiber, wires, and tv services. Typical day was checking in the morning, trying to find the equipment needed to complete the days tasks, pick up a 'job' and go to the customers house to install/repair their service, which each job might have completely different needs that must be accounted for. Some might be as simple as plugging it in, some might take over 14 hours strait to finish an install. The co-workers can help if they have the time, management was mostly loose, I had to rely on myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was finding solutions to unique issues.
Pros
decent benefits, decent pay
Cons
Could have no jobs, could have too many jobs, hard to determine in advance
Good entry level sales job
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln Park, MINovember 16, 2016
As a lead retail sales consultant, I am lucky enough to have a well balanced store manager who is both understanding and tough when need be. As long as your are hitting your quota each month there should be no issues. But do make note, there are a lot of different services you are required to sell, not just phones. I have been there for three years and have not once dreaded going to work. On the negative aspect commission has decreased over the years and make it harder to make more money. Overall AT&T is an entry/medium level job for someone who enjoys learning and selling new technology in a fast paced environment.
Pros
Union, hourly pay increase monthly, good work/life balance
Cons
Job at risk when not selling, job seniority scheduling, rely on management moral
Fun, Productive,and alive environment to work in.
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 14, 2016
Typical day at work was competitive and sometimes stressful but always enjoyable.
Learned how to communicate with people over the phone instead of face to face. How to also provide excellent customer service.
Management was a hassle to work with. Never gave correct pay and often got paid late or not at all.
Coworkers were always fun and easy to work with.
Hardest part of the job was keeping up my personal top seller record weekly.
Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing my customer felt appreciated and happy with my call as well as their service.
Pros
hot lunches available, plenty vending machines, designated smoking areas provided, TV available.
Cons
not enough breaks, 30 min lunch, hard to find parking, small eating area
My opinion
Management position (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2016
Pay is not inline where it should be for industry standards. The pay bands are on a VERY wide scale, and raises are almost non-existent. The training is lacking for day to day work, but there is support from your team members. The new initiatie to get everyone 2020 ready is unoragnized and seems like a reactive approach. There are huge amounts of computerized classes that "have" to be done, regardless to your workload. I already work days, nights, and weekends with clients. Now this training has to be done, and is mostly after hours. There goes the quality of life lesson....but I am glad to have a job.
Pros
Good job, Great team members, Good benefits
Cons
No training for daily responsibilities, expected to keep up with new initiative to train for 202 furture roles, maintain your work, and life balance...whenmost of the courses have to be done after ours due to workload.
Very rigid "bottom line" oriented work environment
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, CONovember 11, 2016
The job was actually fun and rewarding most days. Expectations were often unrealistic in that as an installer for equipment, the technician must also be required to sell a product for example. Management often overlooked value of an individual over their spreadsheet performance. I felt like an 'us against them' mentality as far as employee to management. Many incentives were removed when AT&T acquired DirecTV. I felt smothered and unable to be myself while doing my job, which wasn't the culture when I was hired on at DirecTV (the independent company).
Pros
High teamwork and support oriented system between fellow technicians
Cons
Overbearing, multiple responsibilities placed on all employees.
Somewhat productive
Customer Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 7, 2016
AT&T was a very challenging job and stressful job at times. A typical day included taking multiple calls, assisting customers with their accounts. Changing rate plans, adjusting bills,ordering new devices and equipment for their home and wireless needs, and numerous other duties as assigned. Management was very unprofessional at times. My co-workers were easy to work with, for the most part it was a team environment.The hardest part of the job was saving the customer from leaving the company when they were frustrated and fed up and convinced they should leave and take their business elsewhere. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the customers were totally satisfied and I had retained their business.
Pros
Benefits, Employee Discounts
Cons
Point System
great benifets and pay hard work
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 16, 2016
you are compensated well for you time with both rate and benefits, but nothing comes free. with good pay comes hard work and as long as you show up to do work you are set. advancement is slow and raises as a tech is like clockwork to top out. management side bonuses and raises are performance based off of your crew.
Pros
benifits, pay, hands on work
Cons
many metrics that can be influenced but out of your full control
Great company to work for
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Union City, CADecember 8, 2016
Overall..pretty good company to work for.Although it's in a retail setting,it's pretty sales driven.Everything is weighted and has metrics for the company.Company has been increasing sales goals,but decreasing commissions,making it seem like RSC are slowly becoming customer service reps,with sales goals.

Management can be awesome depending which area you work for.They definitely set the tone/atmosphere for the store

Coworkers can be fun,but turnover depends entirely again in the area that you work.
Shifts depend on seniority within the company.

Biggest piece of advice is learn all you can in this role,and prepare to try to promote, or just completely move on from the company.Don't get complacent

Definitely enjoyed my time with the company overall though!Would I do it again...8/10
Pros
Management/coworkers, pretty good pay depending on prev exp, training
Cons
Commission, work life balance if you have low seniority
Diverse Workplace
Marketing and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAOctober 3, 2016
• Provided administrative and secretarial support in various office environments.
• Provided secretarial support for Assistant Vice President as well as task groups and committees.
• Responsible for the organization and efficient processing of bulk mailings to customers.
• Utilized efficient and courteous customer service in both retail and business settings.
• Processed orders, entered and retrieved data using both PC’s and mainframe computers.
• Facilitated spreadsheet and database management for Assistant VP of Marketing /Public Affairs.
• Gained exposure to all aspects of sales, marketing, promotion and public relations activities.
• Maintained accurate, up to date comprehensive and confidential files and records.
• Opened and routed mail to appropriate departments within the company
Pros
Free Lunches on Weekends
Cons
Very little break time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.