AT&T Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,466 reviews matching the search
Handle high profile customer accounts
U-verse Support Specialist/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Conyers GaJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work is filled with fun, laughter and hard work. My major focus on the job is handling high profile accounts and satisfying our customer requests. It includes billing, promotions, scheduling and making sure services that have been disconnected are reconnected in a timely manner.

The hardest part of my job is system failure from time to time. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure customers issues and concerns are resolved quickly and in a timely manner.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Benefits are not as good as it use to be
Productive and enjoyable workplace environment with both excellent co-workers and management.
Publishing Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  1 Bell CtrJanuary 30, 2016
-Placed business listings nationwide for white pages only, $100 to $100,000 listings.
-Placed calls for business retention nationwide.
-Provided liaison support services for YP sales representatives.
-Utilized various systems including Microsoft Word and Outlook.
-A great learning experience concerning working with all the various carriers of the phone lines to place the business listings in the proper directory.
-Both management and co-workers worked harmoniously together to constantly achieve goals.
-The hardest part of the job was sometimes trying to contact customer via voice mail messages, e-mails to see if we could do anything else for the customer because the customer sometimes did not respond back.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is always servicing the customer through working well together with the various carriers and customers.
Pros
Flex-time schedule, very good salary with 5 weeks paid vacation.
Cons
Continued increase with healthcare premiums and co-pay.
Ever Changing, Challenging Environment
Revenue Management (Collections) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2016
Working for a large, diverse company, every day opened a new channel of growth and expectations pointing towards future goals. Talking with both residential and business customers in regard to their needs vs their budget was sometimes challenging and could be very rewarding when forward solutions were agreed to by everyone. The hardest part was not to be able to follow-up personally to make sure what I suggested was put in place as indicated after caller was transferred to department who could write orders. I enjoyed the people I worked with and felt a part of a team.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, people
Cons
Restrictions: both time and verbiage.
Great Benefits & Ability to Excel within the Company
Finance Representative (Current Employee) –  Short Hills, NJNovember 24, 2015
Overall, AT&T is a great career move for anyone looking for job stability and the ability to move up within a company to further their career.

You are given many opportunities to make more money while doing what you love to do.

The company gives great health benefits and matches what you contribute to your 401k.

Though a thorough and demanding job, it helps to keep you motivated and moving. There is never a day when you are bored.

The hardest part of the job is overcoming objections from customer's, however, it is rewarding when you succeed.

Management is extremely professional and my co-workers thus far have been like a second family to me. I have no complaints.
AT&T Sales Associate
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 7, 2016
AT&T gave me an opportunity for growth. Being promoted to a key holder gave me the opportunity to learn how to multi-task and the ability to work effectively under pressure. I was responsible for opening and closing the store, keeping track of inventory, and supervising multiple employees. My everyday goal was to ensure a positive customer experience by educating customers on the features and benefits of our products, respond to questions, and resolved any customers queries, problems, or conflicts. Being able to maintain outstanding customer service was the key to my success.
Productive work environment with well trained employees
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHNovember 22, 2015
During my time with AT&T, I learned the basics of strategic sales, cross-selling, upselling and federal regulations in the wireless industry. I was introduced to wireless technology and gained experience needed to expand my career. Management was very involved in daily operations and was helpful to those struggling to meet expectations. The hardest part of my job was the language barrier with much of our technical team, while the most enjoyable part was working with customers to help them understand and maximize the benefits of our services.
Pros
Upbeat training classes, ability to advance within the company
Cons
Low traffic location, high turnover rate, limited availability of translators
Fun, when management is not there
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 25, 2016
Co-workers are great, but management is always hired based on who became best friends with the upper management. I worked for Verizon for years and regretted leaving a few weeks after getting to ATT.
Management has their favorites and lets them sit around.
ATT pays good commission- if you sell home security and direct TV. You have to hit a quota. Verizon pays you for every activation, much better comp plan.
Overall I highly recommend working for Verizon!
Both have same benefits for the most part. VZW offers more money for school.
ATT- $4000- VZW- 8000
Enjoyable with many benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2015
* Most days dealt with answering a number of phone calls and fixing each customers problem or upgrading their u-verse service
* This job I learned how find alternate routes to achieve your goal
* The management was good
* All my co-workers were good, all had a good time on the job while getting the work done
* The hardest part of the job was explaining a bill and certain charges to angry customers and finding ways to calm them down.
* The most enjoyable part of the job will have to be the bonuses given out to those that meet the bonus goals
Pros
benefits, hours, management, work environment
Cons
short breaks, short lunch, paid every other week
at the end of the day its just about your numbers
Premises Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 20, 2016
i have worked for many large companies. ATT in my experience cares the least about their employees out of 30 people that started in my class only 2 of us are left. all others fired due to performance. as an example i work with an individual that got an award for being the first technician to get perfect customer surveys for 12 months in a row. at the time he received his award he was being put on an action plan because of 1 bad survey he received on the 13 month. it has gotten better because now uverse is some what a part of the union, but they cant help with the numbers. att also uses the bottom 20% rule which means that even if you make their numbers you can still get disciplinary action if you fall in to the bottom 20%. this can be due to 1 bad survey or repeats that you have no control over. i had a customer add a tv to their account. the technician went out to install it but because customer service put it in as a repair not an install that counts as a repeat me.
Pros
good benefits decent pay
Cons
company only cares about the numbers and how to discipline you not how to help.
Good job, very little upward mobility
Premises Technician U-Verse Installation & Repair (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CADecember 23, 2015
AT&T is a demanding, fast paced environment. Some work is much harder than other work. The customer service part of the job is very good. In many instances, techs are told to do less for the customer to increase productivity numbers. This usually leads to more repeat service calls. That is the most difficult part of the job. There is very little balance between awesome customer service and some made up productivity number. This is very independent position. 99.9% of work is done by a single technician.
Pros
benefits, some of the work is fun. comraderie
Cons
management, tons of silly rules, sometimes system doesn't work
Excellent
Routing Coordinator & Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZDecember 14, 2015
Worked with customers on a daily basis.
serviced homes for satellite or technical issues.
installed new systems and gained confidence and trust within my customers.
most times i was entrusted to be left alone in the customers homes as they went out for errands.
co workers were always helpful and willing to lend a hand in big jobs
most enjoyable part of my day was meeting new people and knowing i made them happy by giving them tv service or fixing say issues they had, having positive feedback from them personally was plenty reward

disliked management and their methods, always heard every tech complain and murmur about supervisors and management. they demanded perfection out of everything we did, as if we weren't humans to commit error from time to time.
too much favoritism went into play there, so that always caused problems with techs.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
management in peoria office was discouraging to work
Great Place to work...Not a place to grow
Sales (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 23, 2016
AT&T is a "union-based" company. Therefore, the people that have been there the longest are considered for advancement, scheduling, and benefits...not the top performers. There is a "do enough to get by" mentality that I honestly couldn't see myself being a part of any more.

Great pay for performers, but pay only goes so far when you work the worst schedules with no flexibility on vacation days.
Pros
Great pay..Discounts
Cons
No flexibility, Worst schedule
Great pay, benefits, and people. Bad work/life balance, unpredictable hours, management
Premises Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2016
Paid training, receive benefits in 6 months time, given a company iPad and iPhone and company truck. Start work at 8am and you never know what time you get off. It depends on work load, and other technicians pace. This job is overall very well paying and independent. They teach you the basics and it's up to you to learn how to troubleshoot and make your own techniques. They push safety like no other which is good. You will have your bad days and there will be good days. The toughest days are when the weather comes such as rain and cold days. Not every home you go to install will look like an organized home that looks like something out of Full House. People are messy and dirty sometimes. Overall it's a great job and you learn a lot of good handy skills such as wiring phones and cable lines. Good job if you love to work and get paid overtime.
Pros
Freedom, pay, benefits
Cons
Weather, long work hours, sometimes bad working environment
You are better of unemployed
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLNovember 29, 2015
I came to work for this company, because I already knew a lot of people at AT&T. Being bilingual in Florida - I saw this as an advantage, I was wrong. Manager was a backwoods hick who hated Hispanics and other minorities. Customers routinely came in and used racial slurs.

The store in St. Augustine turned over 90% during my first year. Top performers were constantly belittled, threatened and had the compensation changed if they were "making to much money." Although grievances were filed and you have a Union, it's are for show. Upper management protects the worthless store mangers who have a shelf-life of about 18-24 months.

Unless you are very, very desperate don't work here. They lie and steal from customers and force their sales reps to do the same just to meet unrealistic commission goals.
Benefits
Cons
Everything you can thing of - RUN
Typical Call Center
Team Manager, NBO - Boeing Group (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 13, 2016
Review Team Stats fro the previous day looking for inconsistencies to correct such as schedule and durations. Work with representatives on Time off, quality checks of work done by representatives and coach if needed. Provide feedback in both positive and constructive as needed.

Insure any trainings scheduled have been completed. Monitor volume of work that is/has come in and allocate resources to ensure work is being completed within contracted timeframes.
Pros
Nice Benifits
Cons
Not much in way of advancement in mobility
Very Productive & Fun with a Gym & cafeteria onsite
Loss Prevention-Special Investigation (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJanuary 25, 2016
Most of the departments in this Mega Centers are very interactive with their employees. This is a environment that believes that if the employees are happy then their clients will be happy.
We have had radio stations come in with breakfast, health fairs, family days.
We can relive stress in the Gym.
I left only because I went to the highest level the Loss Prevention I could. I enjoyed feeling like I made a difference catching the "Bad Guys". Due to budget cuts, my team was being scattered. I was sad to leave.
Pros
Gym, Fun Environment, Great Benefits
Cons
Just Bad Luck with my last manager
very stressful and demeaning
retention sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJanuary 5, 2016
this job was very stressful and demeaning taking calls from irate customer and even when being cursed at could not end call had to try to calm customer and then sell to them even when they were connected with a competitor already. management very demanding of meeting sales quotas that were unattainable and always being told that you were not good enough. I learned some data entry and order input, Co-workers were the best part of the job as we became like family because we were all in the same situation.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
demanding management
Directv
COMPENSATION ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 8, 2015
The company has recently been acquired by AT&T and my position was eliminated. Directv was a great place to work but the culture changed when the acquisition was announced. Prior, I worked with the Technician sites nationwide and really enjoyed my work and my clients. It was a very team oriented environment. My schedule was flexible and my immediate Manager was great. I worked with the Payroll and HRIS teams and we did whatever it took to make sure our clients needs were met. I enjoyed being able to participate in the leadership team meetings and help with the Incentive Plan designs. I also was able to travel to our sites for Engagement Surveys and Benefits Open Enrollment meetings. I learned a lot about HR and Compensation while I was there. One of the hardest parts was my workload.
Pros
Travel, flexible work schedule, my client group
Cons
Politics at the corporate level, recognition for work accomplished by leadership
Productive and Career advancement with a good amount of diversity
Bill Verification Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 23, 2016
I have never really been disappointed here. I have had a very productive long career and excellent benefits for me and my son. I have been challenged frequently in my career which in turn helped further me along in my job placements and encouraged me in making good career decisions.
Pros
benefits were better if not exceeded most companies.
Cons
earlier in my career I had to work some holidays which were trying on a single parent.
A lot of question marks.
Wire Technician (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCNovember 16, 2015
As a Wire Tech daily work can leave a lot to be desired. It was not what I expected when I hired on. The performance metrix is more out of your control then anything and once you get in a hole its hard to recover. No to mention its hard to understand how it works.
There is a high turnover rate can mean there is job security or you need to start looking for your next job coming through the door. I can see now after being here over 18 months that this job is not designed for retirement. There are no core benefits and the contract being negotiated now doesn't give us any. AT&T wants to place more work on us with minimal benefits. The company is going lean which par for the course at the expense of some really good workers and sometimes customers.
Pros
Travel, Company Vehicle, Phone, Credit Cards, computer, customers
Cons
daily work is a question mark.