AT&T Employee Reviews

Good company leading an industry in transition
Senior Technical Architect (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time at AT&T. I was able to make large contributions to my career and the industry through my roles with AT&T. I would recommend AT&T to anyone.
Review
Business Requirements Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 16, 2018
During my time at AT&T, I learned so many things: process compliance, business process reengineering, process performance and requirements analysis and management. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and staying on the cutting edge of project and program management.
Benefits
Cons
Constant reduction in workforce
Great benefits but you'll work hard for them
Senior Business Manager (Former Employee) –  TELECOMMUTERFebruary 16, 2018
AT&T's compensation package is wonderful. Excellent salary, great benefits, full-time telecommuting at the location of your choice. But you'll work very hard for these perks. Expect 10 hour days on average. Senior leadership makes some questionable decisions and when I left the company was going through a phase of forcing everyone to take mandatory (and meaningless) career training.
Pros
Telecommuting, Salary, Benefits
Cons
Long Days, Corporate Culture
Terrible place to work.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bay Saint Louis, MSFebruary 16, 2018
Starts off great until you realize how bad it is. The managers are out to get you if your not part of the clique. It’s a very cut throat business with att.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Everything else.
Very competitive
Small Business Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 16, 2018
The environment is fast paced and you have to deal with many rude customers. The calls are recorded and listened to so you have to make sure you handle the customers with patience. The customers can survey you and if they give you a bad survey and you did all you can you will still be called into the office and counseled.
Great work environment
Customer Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 16, 2018
AT&T was a great experience while I was employed. I was able to move from Texas to Washington state as a transfer with the company. I wanted to make a change and a difference in people's lives and found the opportunity to do so with AT&T. Working as a Technical Support Specialist afforded me the opportunity to learn about the smart devices that are available in this day and age, the training provided by the company kept us all up to date on the latest technologies in the field of telecommunications.

We had a gym at the office, ping pong table, meetings and calibrations with our teams. Downtime wasn't just sitting in a room, things were active at the company. Committees formed to encourage people to be productive, provide incentives, and enjoy their workplace.
Pros
Upbeat environment and open door policy with managers
Cons
It was always cold, all 4 seasons.
A company with great benefits and pay!
Bilingual Sales & Service Rep (Former Employee) –  CAFebruary 16, 2018
A typical day at work consists of interactions with customers regarding billing explanations, requests for new service or changes to service in a fast paced call center. My manager was very easy to work with.The hardest part of the job was to maintain that enthusiastic tone and patience throughout the call even when your customer was upset with a high bill and having to offer all available products on every applicable call. However, I have learned to not take things personal and try to put myself in the customer's place. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping out a customer in a positive way and them opening up in a personal way. I felt as if I was a counselor at times. I really enjoyed my customers. The pay is great and so are the benefits. One thing I would change is to make the promotions more simplified and I would implement a employee mentorship program for mentors and mentees in every office.
Pros
Great pay & benefits
Cons
Hard to advance
Good work Environment
Senior IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaFebruary 15, 2018
Positive work environment. Unfortunately AT&T Purchased DIRECTV and left a lot of duplicative positions. AT&T chose to migrate DIRECTV Systems into AT&T systems and retain existing AT&T personnel.
Pros
Very proactive and competent personnel
At&t flafship store in chicago
LEAD BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2018
AMAZING PLACE TO WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. It was a true family and I hated the circumstances of my separation from the company. The benefits where great and the company does a great job of promoting from within.
fun and fast paced work to work
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAFebruary 15, 2018
great place to work, great people and varied backgrounds which makes it more fun. The work is challenging but rewarding. Managers are understanding and work with you.
Awesome
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2018
Awesome! I loved my manager, my team! This is the best company to work for!! I vote At&t all the way!! Although I am no longer an employee, my peers still call to see how I’m doing!
Pros
Awesome
Cons
N/a
Purely Based on Numbers
Facility Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2018
I have worked at the same location for 18 years. I enjoyed the camaraderie, the structure of daily of business, and independency. Morning safety and daily instructions were some-what consistent.
As far as management was concerned, their focus was efficiency, quality, and safety that changed with upper management's demands.

As a FACILITY TECHNICIAN, I was a trouble shooter with all types of test equipment to detect, locate, and repair copper cable, special circuits for cooperations, and fiber optic cable. The hardest part, and the reason for my voluntarily
resignation was the companies decision to take away and reduce my most experienced qualities and initiate less knowledgeable duties.
Pros
Safety lunches and cookouts
Cons
Contractual decreases in medical benefits.
Decent work place
PREMISE TECHNICIAN AT&T (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILFebruary 15, 2018
Impending lay offs take away from all of the positives. Good pay and benefits mean nothing without job security. With job security it would not be a bad place to work.
This place sucks
Wire Technician (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 15, 2018
Management sucks you are responsible for metrics you have no control over and they watch you every step you take and quick to write you up for stupid things
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Good work culture
AIC (Current Employee) –  DallsFebruary 15, 2018
AT&T has nice office and location. The work culture of the company is really very good. There is no work pressure and its 9 to 5 cool job. Lots of innovation happening everyday. You can get the chance to work on latest technology always.
Retention can be tough, but they give you good tools
Customer Service Retention Specialist at Convergys (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2018
Working in a retention (cancellation) department can be hard in any company, but AT&T gives their employees the empowerment to be able to genuinely help customers who are trying to cancel, which makes it a lot easier to handle.
Really enjoyed working here
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2018
I enjoyed working here. Managers were great and co workers were very friendly. Always enjoyed making someone's day better with my service. I would work for this company again.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 15, 2018
Very demanding a lot of hours and this was direct tv not Att I did get to travel a lot with this company to perform my duties they did treat us well for traveling
I worked from 8 am until 5 pm I acquired a lot of knowledge Very good management Very good workplace culture No, it was very good Very good works
Sr. Specialist RAN Engineer - RFME (Former Employee) –  Oakton, VAFebruary 15, 2018
I worked from 8 am until 5 pm

I acquired a lot of knowledge

Very good management

Very good workplace culture

No, it was very good

Very good works
Pros
Very good
Cons
very good
Manager, Switched Digital Service Tier 3 Support (Former Employee) –  Bedminster, NJFebruary 15, 2018
Worked at AT&T for 25 years in various positions both technical and management. I learned a lot during my time there and would not have gotten to where I am today without that experience.,
Pros
Overall good people
Cons
At the time I left the company was floundering, little direction, threats of layoffs on a daily basis at least at the time I left.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.

59.6K