AT&T

6.9K reviews

AT&T Employee Reviews

Extremely productive
QA/Lead System Tester (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: very nice environment
I had excellent days with AT&T, I was involved with many different key and high visible projects, I was available 24/7, dedicated, loyal, committed, delivered quality jobs, satisfied the clients and exceeded their expectations.
Fun Workplace
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Hiram, GAJuly 26, 2015
Great coworkers, great management. It was definitely the best job ever. My coworkers and I were more like family. I appreciate my managers for being great and making sure we did everything correct.
Overall not a bad lace to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Wages; benfits
Cons: Individual managers could vary the rules by which they treat their group of employees.
Money and benefits were great, but apparently some managers feel they can change the rules when it came to coaching (weekly reviews) of call; most managers let you pick the call. If you pick a bad one that's on you. At least one manager of the call center I worked decided to start picking calls on his own, which could easily skew the performance stats.
safe and friendly environment
costumer Representative (Former Employee), Vermillion, SDJuly 25, 2015
Pros: long lunches
Cons: short breaks
loved working in a atmosphere that was productive and I was not just another face in the crowd . The management took time to get to know each of the team members . Over all it was a nice place to work .
Great company, culture and solutions!
Channel Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Culture, pay and products are really great.
Cons: You need to like constant change, being innovative, solving problems and working smart and hard.
At AT&T about 8 years, learned a ton and worked with the best in the industry. Benefits and perks are great. To fit the culture you need to be a go getter, a problem solver, an innovator and love constant change. Great training and continued development of people. Dealing with constant levels of change while you perform and find a way is key to knowing many roles here would be a good fit!
My job
Buried Service Technician (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: 50% discount of At&t service
Cons: always working can't enjoy time with family or keep up around house
I report to customer homes throughout the New Orleans Metro area and buried permanent wires underground. Sometimes I have to trench as much as 300 feet around properties, gardens, pools,etc. The management keeps us working nonstop. Management has told us that AT&T is all about getting jobs done. Family or personal life doesn't matter. The hardest part of the job is working long days with only one day off every two weeks. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and talking to the customers.
Just a stepping stone
Universal Agent/Tier 1 (Former Employee), Durham NCJuly 24, 2015
Pros: anyone can do the job and gained some Information Technology experience
Cons: the maturity level of some employee
It is a good place if you need job while in college. i would not go out and buy a house and new car off of the pay. Besides, It is part time so and it is $15 an hr so can't really complain.
Productive / Fast paste enviroment
Bilingual Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Balance schedule
Cons: attendance & surverys
Great management cast and fun environment with the goal of headlining elite customer satisfaction. Unique employee development with training tactics such as critical thinking.
Fun, knowledgeable, competitive
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LaJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Gym, pay increases, tution reinbursement
Cons: Limited Advancement Opportunity
At&t is an exciting place to work and they do different things to help the moral at the work place. Advancement is not as something that is able to achieve if you are not willing to relocate. I think that the pay is great and benefits are great and reasonable.
Good placetowrk
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 24, 2015
Managment was good, Learned alot attendance WAS strict. Great company to work for. Enjoyed solving peoples connection issues
Salary & Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rohnert Park, CAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits & Wages
Cons: Management vs Union Internal Politics
AT&T is a Unionized Company and correspondingly offers employees about average salary and benefits relative to other employees. A Union is essential in the current economy to maintain standard of living for working class people.
laid back and cool
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 23, 2015
Pros: free lunnches
Cons: didnt like the 15min breaks they go too fast
i really like helping others at this job. assisting customers with their phone bills and break them down so that my customer understands
Able to live a middle class life
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Detroit, MichiganJuly 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch parties after good accomplishments
Cons: time counted on bathroom breaks
A typical day at work was when you walked in and it usually depended on the weather. bad weather lots of down circuits very busy...job security....learned a lot of people skills how to get along with differ personalities..Hardest part of my job under high pressure with management standing over you as you work. The most enjoyable part of my job meeting new people and talking to people from all over the world.
Great job, emotionally stressful but managable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNJuly 23, 2015
Pros: great pay, benifits, and hours
Cons: upper management didnt appreciate our efforts
Great pay, great benefits, and I also had great hours. Didn't feel appreciated by the multi-billion dollar company though.
New skills
Sales Representative/ Store Lead (Former Employee), Surprise, AZJuly 23, 2015
Working here enabled me to learn the retail business and develop techniques needed in the sales environment. The benefits of working hard outweigh the cons of working in the retail business.
very hard to meet "numbers"
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), norcross, gaJuly 23, 2015
Pros: great incentives
Cons: the work it takes to GET the incentives
Working here isn't that bad, its just the pressure they put on you to "meet your numbers'. These "numbers' are mostly weighed on things that you cant control, such as how the customer rates you ( instead the customer rates the company) and how often they callback. Wouldn't recommend if you cant work under pressure or talk people into doing things that they really don't want to do...oh and sell cell phones.
SEO & SEM Program
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Supplied what companies needed on the internet
Cons: Some of the people that were hired did not carry there weight
There SEO and SEM program was very expensive and did not perform to potential.

The management staff was great and very supportive. They had great benefits and a great work space.
AT&T is a good company.
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, Educational Training
Cons: Balancing work and family time
AT&T provides an opportunity for an individual to develop their interpersonal and professional skills at your own pace. Upper management seeks to establish communications as a two way path within the company culture.
It Used To Be Great
Manager (Current Employee), KansasJuly 23, 2015
Pros: I quit
Cons: Healthcare is expensive, managers don't listen to feedback, political
It used to be a wonderful place to work. The people come and go, and leadership is constantly changing. The atmosphere for advancement is political. I enjoyed working with a lot of the staff. The hardest part of the job was watching upper leadership drive the business into the ground, and be unwilling to accept feedback. Also, in any position at all, there is no work/life balance.
Productive and fun place to work along with work/life balance.
IT Test Execution Manager/IPv6 Program Lead (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: worked as a contractor without being able to get full time/perm
It was a pretty good place to work with the ability to grow along the way. The people were easy to get along with and there was no option of getting raises or promotions.
Headquarters