AT&T Employee Reviews

Enjoyable several years ago
Senior Reports Clerk (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 10, 2017
Was at one time a company that you could advance your career. Customer service was VERY important. In the past several years, that is obviously no longer the case.
Pros
Nice pay and vacation
Cons
lessening of benefits
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 9, 2017
Challenging and rewarding job. Your boss makes your job, and I had great bosses over the years at AT&T. Great pay... and benefits. The last 5 years I gave support to the light guide crew's laptop computers, as that was their life-line to the company. I supported Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri, Texas, New Orleans and Atlanta.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Forced OT... but didn't bother me.
sales consultant
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILDecember 9, 2017
every customer that walked in to the store we have make sure that we cover our customers need for example what other services they have at home where do they work at and also fixed or resolve our customer issues for example their bills and phones issues. also we have to make sure that our customer know about our promotion.
I have learn a lot from att how care about our clients and our co worker and work together as a family and always respect ourselves management is excellent. the hardest part of the job is the hours we don't know at what time we get out since every customer is taking different issues to the store that t may take ours of work to resolve the issues. and the enjoyable part of my job is my co workers and my clients because from them I learn a lot of new issues
Pros
we have a break and lunch (lunch not paid}
Cons
15 mins break
did not pay as much for the work involed
Passing out or delivering phone directories (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLDecember 9, 2017
did not pay as much for the work involved and we had two routes to deliver. It blew out my mothers engine of her car do to the weight of all the phone directories. We probably won't do that job again.
At&t
BAM (Business Account Manager) (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 9, 2017
Spring Mobile which is an Authorized Retailer for AT&T is an awesome place to work. Fast paced and you really do learn a lot about yourself. It really is a community of dedicated people working together and pushing and motivating to be the best.
Pros
Discounts, atmosphere
Cons
Result drien
Temporary contract
HR Coordinator (contractor) (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CADecember 9, 2017
I was only there for a short time. My experience was not the best, as the manager that I supported was the most difficult person that I have ever worked with.
Good place to learn
Transport Order Manager (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoDecember 8, 2017
A typical day in AT&T it's full of surprises. You will see the impacts on every corner of the board of directors which are higher oriented to the vision of the company and competitive or benchmarked. You will see a very enthusiastic and enjoyable experience of learning with distinction series.

Every organization represent a puzzle of the destination to where wants AT&T be in 2020.
Pros
Free lunch . Supporting other non profits organization
Cons
Hardly to find cons, but if you are the lucky winner, you will see it.
Best Jobs
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CADecember 8, 2017
I worked at AT&T for 13 years and learned a lot from the retail experience sales and service. Up sales with customers and offer the best solutions at the right price.
Pros
Great Services, Great Benefits, Great Discounts
Cons
need bigger retail store
Great environment, training and management
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 8, 2017
The work place was well organized and structured. Management was more than professional and the tools and resources for assistance were always available. Departments could easily contact each other when in need and look for the best ways to assist customers.
ATT has most likely changes its environment since I worked there
Strategic Data Network Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 8, 2017
ATT was a difficult environment due to the many changes the company endured over a long period of time and the unfair competition they faced from MCI at the time I was there. I have faith that the many good aspects of the corporate culture that have always been a part of the company are still present there.
Ethics and Values
Senior Specialist Systems Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDDecember 8, 2017
AT&T Government Solutions, Inc. provides technical and engineering support services across DoD installations. The team of professionals are dedicated, hard working and maintain an excellent workplace of ethics, values and core principles. I learned to manage more demand, time and schedules in a Washington DC Metro-Government culture of doing more with less. The most enjoyable part of my job is the diversity of personnel and daily requirements to meet the need of our customers.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Time expectations
Great place to work and grow
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 7, 2017
AT&T was a great company to work for. With their 401 k and E SOP plan gave me some ownership in the company's growth of new services. I enjoyed the competitive nature of the business
Enjoyed it
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, CODecember 7, 2017
I would work here again. I got a lot of great experience and enjoyed it overall. I met some interesting people and learned a lot. It can be stressful but you have to be focused.
Nice place to work
Network Services Local Operations Team Lead (Current Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILDecember 7, 2017
A typical day at work was fast paced and could sometimes be stressful. I learned a lot and management was ok. The hardest part of job is leaving involuntarily the most enjoyable part of job was my coworkers
High pressure sales job with bare minimum training
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 7, 2017
Very high pressure. SELL SELL SELL!! ON EVERY CALL!!! NO EXCUSES! Or you'll be written up/fired. It is not about customer service. Customers come last. Employees are next to last. It's all about profit for the company no matter what the customer needs/wants. They remind you constantly of how lucky you are to be employed with them while feeling threatened to stay employed. There are no sick days (even if hauled off in an ambulance), that's what your earned vacation days are for - you will get points and lose your job. Don't plan to retire from here. They'll make sure that won't happen.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
great place to work, long hours sometimes,
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 7, 2017
I enjoyed working at AT&T, very good benefits, excellent pay. The best part of the job was seeing the satisfied customers after work was completed. Most days were enjoyable
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
the forcing to work after storms or in high demand times
blah
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 7, 2017
Corporate companies are the worst, its about the dollar you put in their pockets instead of the value of the employee. We are not replaceable and neither are our children. FEML is a joke it is a system of hoops to jump through just to be denied. Family first is the only option, At&t is not a family friendly company.
Unorganized work place
BSW Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 7, 2017
the work place was very stressful and very unorganized. Policies would constantly change making it confusing of how to go about the daily load. My manager was one of the most inexperienced person in the department. I could not ask a question without him not knowing the answer or the proper procedures of handling different situations.
poor working envioronment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2017
This was a poor place to work and I would not suggest it to anyone. The hours were crazy and there was no room for growth. The management was poor as well.
Pros
Poor
Cons
Poor
Good company to work for
Network Engineer/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Belton, TXDecember 7, 2017
Team managed well and not micro managed. We were able to get what needed to be done, done without many issues. Team was able to collectively resolve outstanding issues.
Pros
Remote Work.
Cons
non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.