AT&T Employee Reviews

Found 13,853 reviews matching the search
Great benefits/promotes work/life balance/ promotes higher education
Manager (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCNovember 28, 2016
I ran a team of 16 agents and found my job well structure. I would coach/meet with my agents provide training they needed. AT&T promotes a family environment and work/life balance. I was promoted with in my company several times over the 9 year period so advancement is a real possibility.
Pros
Great benefits, vacation time. 401k, vision, dental
Cons
Health insurance has a large deductable
Company Growing Too Fast...
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 7, 2016
The company is growing at a pace that causes good workers to become overwhelmed and lost in the fray. There are very little options for advancement and you are treated like a human resource and not a person. The pay is good, but the quotas in over 10 different metrics is extreme.
Pros
Pay, Breaks. Union, Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, Start time but no end time...Work Life Balance= Non-exsistent
Rewarding Career
Regional Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 5, 2016
Great Company! The benefits keep me here. The insurance is great and affordable. They are paying for my college! I just wish the compensation did not continue to decrease, but I do see the benefits/comp as a package deal. As far as management goes, the business partners are silo . The job is not hard, but you will deal with your share of jerks. Corporate politics, and just remember, it's not what but who you know if you want to advance.
Benefits
Cons
Management Culture
Mobilizing Your World Around You
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INOctober 10, 2016
This company is in a constant state of change, as it's a leader in telecommunications and technology. I love being on the front lines of introducing new technologies to our customers and becoming knowledgeable about the technologies that shape our lives. Our company continues to keep people connected to what matters most.
Pros
Great Benefits (Health Insurance, Discounted services, etc.)
Cons
Limited Advancement unless you go a completely different route
Innovative place to work with great benefits
Assistant Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 8, 2016
Working for AT&T has taught me many great things both professional and personal. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing everyone around me grow, especially applying the coaching and techniques through the coaching process. The hardest part of the job is having to let someone go, but when it needs to be done it is necessary.
Pros
Benefits-wireless, DirecTV, healthcare, dental, vision
Cons
life/work balance for management
Decent starter job, good pay, and benefits.
Business Mobility Solutions Care (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 14, 2016
A typical day at work consists of taking high volumes of phone calls. I feel like this a good place to start out, with great benefits; however your are required to meet monthly metrics that are set rather high. This can be a great motivation to work harder, but sometimes can be unreachable due to uncontrollable situations. This can cause the job to be frustrating at times.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Back to back calls.
AT&T is a great job to work for and the managers can be helpful and care about their team players.
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2016
When I started at AT&T, I started by selling phone service and internet. Then AT&T went into our own long distance, and we added cell phones, and U-verse TV. Now we sell all these products and Direct TV as well. This is a fast paced job, with a lot of multitasking with your customers on the phone with you. You must not only retain the customer, but upgrade them and sell them other products. the co-workers are nice, but we all pretty much do not have time to chat as we have no offline time, except breaks and lunch. the best part of the job is being able to help my customers, and save them money as well as upgrade and give them more for their buck. when they feel good, I feel good. The hardest part, is losing a customer after many years, not only are you disappointed, but your boss is also and you hear about it, when you don't sell.
Pros
fun place to work, great rewards and benefits and no micromanaging
Cons
lot of mandatory overtime and fast paced enviorment, sometimes overwhelming but rewarding
Employment Review
Sales Rep/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 20, 2016
I was hired for a Customer Support Sales position. My acquired skills, level of professionalism, and knowledge made me a perfect candidate for this position. I enjoyed my clients, and my co-workers greatly. There was very little if any interaction with management. We were advised that the company advised against it. The enjoyable part of the job is that no two clients were alike, each scenario was completely different, which presented challenges along with something new every day. What I disliked was the same skill level I was hired for was taken away, The job became scripted and the calls were timed. Taking care of the client was no longer a priority. The priority for this position is now Sales and Metrics..
Pros
Excellent pay, benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement.
Cons
The client is no longer a priority.
Collaborative and motivating please to work
Network Force Load Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 6, 2016
A typical day at work is high energy and constant encouragement and support that no matter what obstacles may come up, we'll get through it.

I've learned to interact with people on all corporate levels. I've obtained skills that have made me an asset to my company.

Management has an open door policy and keeps employees in the know where necessary. Talking to management is easy and their level of knowledge makes it even easier.
My co-works are the best. We all have skills that we share and help build each other up with.

No part of my job is hard. I like to think that I am moldable to fit any situation and that my end result is to provide the best service I can

The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I work with. Every job will have it's challenges, but when you work with an intelligent and fun group of people that care about your success as much as their own, it makes coming to work worth it.
Pros
Benefits, holiday options, flexable schedules
Cons
great benifets and pay hard work
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 16, 2016
you are compensated well for you time with both rate and benefits, but nothing comes free. with good pay comes hard work and as long as you show up to do work you are set. advancement is slow and raises as a tech is like clockwork to top out. management side bonuses and raises are performance based off of your crew.
Pros
benifits, pay, hands on work
Cons
many metrics that can be influenced but out of your full control
At&t
Sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 24, 2016
This is a good company to work for. The best thing about the company is the pay. They have great compensation. However the thing that I dont like about at&t is their morals. They do not care about the exsiting customers. They just want new business. For example the new customers get better deals than the exsiting customers.

Another thing that I dont like is the sales position requires micro management. I feel that I have the abilty to do my job without someone hovering over me every minute of every day.
But to each is own.
Pros
THE PAY
Cons
MICRO MANAGEMENT
Used to be good
STRATEGIC ACCOUNT LEAD / DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2016
What was once a great career has deteriorated into work overload with no real possibility of advancement. Stagnate compensation for many years with unrealistic objectives. Sales have become the catch all for a multitude of problems and gaps in how customers are serviced where 90% of the available selling time is instead used for constant billing and service delivery issues
Pros
Benefits, vacation time
Cons
Poor compensation, work overload
This company (Empereon) is very unprofessional.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 12, 2016
I dealt with harassment. The problem was never taken care of even though it was reported properly. Upper management sets unrealistic goals for the team leaders. There is more focus on team leads building their skills instead of the sales agents. This is the reason production goals were hardly ever met.
Pros
Regular raises
Cons
HR department does not do their job, VP of the company very unprofessional
Productive with a daily learning atmosphere.
Senior Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 20, 2016
A typical day started with pulling reports on the previous days activity.
Updated a spreadsheet that was kept nationwide indicating which accounts were completed and the ones that were outstanding. Pulled a report showing "Claims" made against the Sales Rep for mistakes made on their advertisement; in addition to notifying Sales Rep and their Managers. Defend Rep with the information provided. The System also generated "Queries" on accounts with incomplete paperwork; I tried to help the Rep's clear any problems in order for the Rep to stay in the field working.
The hardest part of the job was at the end of each canvas to make sure everything outstanding had been handled addition to traveling with each team for 10 months out of each year,
Pros
Holidays and Vacation benefits.
Cons
Travel required with each team while on remote canvas.
good but not so good
chat mobility tech support (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2016
AT&T is a good company with great benefits, however the management there is poor. Alot of harassment and racism is the reason I'm looking for another job, although i love my job its not a good working environment to be in. Its sad when you report these things happening to you its a slow process due to the managers, area managers, and director work together and cover up alot of things that shouldn't be covered such as harassment and racism.
Pros
great benefits, flexible schedule laid back
Cons
harrassment and racism
AT&T Digital Life
Area Manager MA/RI/NH/CT/NY (Current Employee) –  Home office basedOctober 3, 2016
Great Company with a great vision. Lots of changes and you must be dynamic to adjust. Information does not get passed down during these changes very well, probably because things move so quickly, which leave some uneasy or anxious. I truly enjoy my job here.
Pros
Compensation, work/life balance, employee discounts
Cons
Limited advancement in New England due to HQ in Dallas and Atlanta.
Great benefits and great pay
Technical Support Rep II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2016
I worked at AT&T for six years, I heard in the past the company was a great company to work for and in certain departments it is considered a great company to work for. Although I worked in the call center it did not provide a great work, life, balance and opportunity for advancement usually happened for those that knew someone in order to progress in the company.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Poor work, life balance in the call center
Great opportunity for advancement
Employee (Former Employee) –  South DaktoaNovember 16, 2016
If you're willing to move there is room for advancement in a company of this size. Depending on your position work life balance, though something AT&T is working on, is not great. In my position I am on call 7 days a week and working 45- 55 hours per week. Benefits are good and wages are comparable.
Benefits
Cons
Work life balance/upper management
Customer Service Center and Central Office Group
Customer Experiance (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 21, 2016
AT&T provided a great salary and work environment with reasonable hours. I would answer phones and handle customer needs on accounts and payments. All employees where tested for the position. Book closing was the busiest time due to print deadlines. The best part was working with the Central Office Group. I learned a lot about other facets of the business along with IT networking skills. I was sad when I left.
Pros
Salary benefits work environment
Cons
Upper management fell short on major business opportunities effecting the company as a whole.
Productive and fun work place with a cafe as well as a gym and lounge room
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 3, 2016
A typical day at work would be to assist customers with troubleshooting their satellite service. I learned a lot from this job on how to be patient and to have active listening . DIRECTV/ATT was the best job I've had by far I love the work environment ,co workers as well as my team leaders . I would say the hardest part would be when your not able to completely satisfy the customer.
Pros
Great benefits and bonuses, and employee appreciation
Cons
health care and life insurance is a bit high