AT&T Employee Reviews

Found 14,741 reviews matching the search
No room for growth or advancement. Like being on a doomed ship
DSL Technical Support Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2017
AT&T is going through a lot of changes, and it is unsure what will happen to the department I used to work in. The company's primary focus is on becoming an "Entertainment" company, and is trying to compete with the cable providers.

Over 4 plus years I had seen multiple changes, not always for the better, and a loss of employees through attrition. I started at a large and busy call center, but that center closed, and I relocated to another one to follow the job. When I left there were only about 45 employees.

The company is going through major changes, downsizing, and outsourcing jobs too.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Punitive attendance polices, Union that does nothing, no future
family type atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2017
excellent company to work for. Fair to employees, safe and friendly environment. excellent benefits and job opportunities.
Pros
faie and good benefits
My time as a Premise Technician
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAFebruary 21, 2017
My daily routine was to complete an inventory check on my truck and be sure that the truck was operable. A typical day included completing 2-4 jobs a day, installing and repairing internet and cable, occasionally alarms systems as well. The job was great however it had its difficult days also, where you would have problems. I ran into dealing with more difficult jobs that could last all day such as; problems from old wired homes and having to install all new cables, two business having wires mixed up at the box and more. The job gives training but most things are learned on the job and this causes conflict with management. They allow you a certain amount of time per-job and that time sometimes isn't enough. Example I had a job were a lady couldn't figure out why her TV screen was black the solution was simply changing the input on her TV and explaining to her how to resolve the problem for the future, giving you 1 hr to 1 1/2 hr to do this while your next call you get an installation job needing new wire run but there is no crawl space and the customer doesn't want you drill any holes in their walls. Find a solution and finishing the installment can take 2 to 3 hr, but you are given 1- 2 hr to finish. The job overall was great and I learned so much from being a Premise tech. I recommend the job.
Pros
A lot of learning, Becoming a quick thinker, hands on
Cons
being awkward salesman, Short lunchbreak
Wonderful opportunity if you do not require life outside of work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 21, 2017
Typical day was dealing with customer base from the 48 states. I have learned how to handle a multitude of different diverse people and learned how to negotiate a win win resolution to almost every situation

It was a very stressful culture but it also kept you driven for results.

The hardest part of the job was the company culture. From monitoring 24x7 to the schedule.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the compensation and the opportunity to communicate with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Pros
compensation
Cons
work schedule
Nice place, nice people
Tier II Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 21, 2017
You learn pretty well as you go along. The compensation is not the greatest, but it will open doors to other opportunities. Lot of patience required with end-users.
SE Wire Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2017
Good company. As field rep, Working independent scheduling appt & following up wit customer is great. You will learn so much about telecommunication from installation & services. Transport signal services, how to test wiring & fiber optic lines and connect devices. Run various cabling from SAI, Terminals & Ariel. Safe is key foundation & customer satisfaction. Setup customer 3rd party devices. Company will give you all the tools you need to get your job done. However working with various dept of the Co can be frustrating at times, slowing your productivity. Workplace & co-workers are great. Tier 1 field managements are sometimes overwhelmed. The hardest part of the job, I found was when simple assignments like upgrade/downgrade and/or troubleshoot services become new installs due to poor workmanship by others. However the most enjoyable part is when your able to complete the job and your customer is totally satisfied.
Pros
Your will alot
Cons
Work to family balance
Productive Work Place
COORDINATOR I (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAFebruary 20, 2017
I worked with some very ambitious people that I will never forget. The work enviorment was everything I could have hoped for, and I'm ready to move forward. I interacted with your peers and learning something new everyday.
Excellent benefits and pay
Sales Coach Consumer Retention IP (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2017
I've worked for AT&T 16 years now in various roles. A lot has changed since I've started but the pay and benefits have been very good throughout my tenure. The company as a whole is a great company however; some departments and how they operate need a little guidance and leadership from the higher ups.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Work life balance
Opportunites for advancement
Assistance Queue Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 20, 2017
AT&T purchased DIRECTV in 2016. I currently now work for them. They offer really good benefits: health insurance, dental, vision, supplemental life.
challenging competitive sale position
Team Leader/Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2017
very good environment

excellent staff

the most enjoyable part is the job

The hardest part of the job is going to work

A typical work that is exciting

Diverse work culture

Management is very easy to communicate with
Only the Strong
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 20, 2017
This jobs main focus was elimination of the weak and keep the strong as it relates to sales and customer service. We were told one thing and then was expected to do something totally different.
Pros
Easy to Get
Cons
Easy to get Fired
sales consultant
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 20, 2017
Very tight notch company and unless you are accepted by everyone then you will probably not advance. I did not have much luck with management and the only manager they tried to help me could not get far. Very unfair environment where not everyone is treated the same.
Great Company
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33607February 20, 2017
Enjoyable workplace with enthusiastic coworkers and upper management. The work-life balance was great. Never too stressful at all as everyone was very supportive and helpful.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 20, 2017
I worked in the Joplin Call Center, it was a great environment to work in. I did not feel as though there was and advancement opportunities within the Call Center.
Secure Job
Client Support Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2017
You have a secure job. I did get a better understanding of project management and navigating the corporate political environment.
Very demanding
Leveraged Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOFebruary 20, 2017
This job was very demanding and working in retention every call was an unhappy person on the line. The best part about the job was even though they were unhappy I got the chance to make them happy and improve their day and life. I enjoyed the customers and making them satisfied with AT&T.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Awful company to work for
RETAIL SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2017
This job was soul sucking. The management was terrible. They do not train people on EEO standards. You barely get any breaks. My store did not even have a proper break room.
Productive workplace while being able to travel around the city
Premises Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 20, 2017
A typical day on the job would include traveling to different homes and/or businesses all around the San Antonio area to install or repair AT&T services for our customers.I have to always make sure I have all necessary equipment and tools prior to starting my day so I am able to complete my work. I have learned a lot about time management and have improved my organizational skills so that I am more efficient and proficient while on the job. The hardest part of the job is the actual physical demand. The job requires moving heavy equipment and a lot of the work is done outside in the elements, so the weather always plays a factor everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is successfully completing jobs and walking customers through everything. Letting them know how everything is set up and how it works is fulfilling when all done correctly.
Pros
Get to travel around the city, not micromanaged
Cons
Everyday I am off at different times in the evenings
Hardest part of the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYFebruary 20, 2017
The hardest part about working at AT&T online was that there was no personal interaction with made it a little hard to feel like a part of the company.
A Training grounds for self growrth
3)Direct Tv technician (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAFebruary 19, 2017
This job i a job for people who love being out doors .You get to meet new people everyday which is amazing . Teaches you how to deal with various situations and learn from them .
Pros
Out doors, Adventurous
Cons
bad weather would be one of the main down falls of this job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.