AT&T Employee Reviews

Found 16,384 reviews matching the search
It is typical telicommunication company
Senior-System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 19, 2017
It is good working environment with new technologies. I learned lot in past 17 years and getting good support from management. work place culture is excellent.
Ambiente laboral tranquilo y agradable
Atención al cliente/ asistencia técnica inbound (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, USAJune 19, 2017
El volúmen de trabajo dependía del día de la semana y la hora del día. El día comenzaba con el registro en el ordenador y transcurría respondiendo llamadas de 3 proyectos diferentes de clientes de la AT&T. Había que registrar incidencias, tomar datos, dar asistencia técnica para la solución de problemas comunes, emitir cupones de descuentos para compras futuras, emitir reembolsos acreditados a las tarjetas de crédito de los clientes entre otros...Aprendí la excelencia en la atención al cliente donde bajo los estándares de la empresa "el cliente siempre tiene la razón". También aprendí a manejar situaciones de conflicto como por ejemplo el procedimiento a seguir para manejar una llamada de un cliente molesto. Mi jefe inmediato fué muy colaborador pero exigente a la vez. éramos monitoreados constantemente. Los colegas eran excelentes y formábamos un buen equipo. La parte más difícil del trabajo era lidiar con personas racistas que no querían que los atendiera una extranjera. Lo que más me gustó del trabajo fué la experiencia como tal que me hizo apreciar el trabajo de atención al cliente.
Pros
Cercanía a mi casa. Cursos a cargo de la empresa. Descuentos en productos.
Cons
No daban seguro médico. Solo media hora de almuerzo.
Collections
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJune 19, 2017
Very thorough and extensive training. Management constantly listened in on your collection calls and critiqued everything you did. This is not a place to work if you don't like to be micro managed.
Deep product mix and committed management team.
Universal Account Manager Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 19, 2017
At&t provided one of the broadest product mixes of any carrier in the marketplace. They offered a solid network solution in the wireless and wireline space.
Cutting Edge Technology Projects
Sr. Specialist-System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TexasJune 19, 2017
Typical Day at work -

Management -
1. Good management

Workplace Culture -
1. It's ok. Needs improvement

The hardest part of the job -
1. Fear of being layed off.

The most enjoyable hardest part of the job -
1. Meeting and working with great people.
2. Learning the latest technology
Pros
Relaxed attire, great benefits, Ability to work from home.
Cons
Too many layoffs, Too many redundant meetings, Need more fun activities for other campuses other than just for downtown employees.
good place to work butt..
Senior Network Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 19, 2017
I worked there over 20 years Great benefits, Low Compensation long hours sometimes not compensation for your extra work.
good training team players for the most part. Upper VP management does not have a clue what they do when they cut jobs and not let people rehire when they have openings. I was laid off./surplus and was cut before I could get my full retirement package they suck !
Pros
long term emplyoment
Cons
rigid management
Fast-pace & stressful
Collections Representative/ 411 operator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 19, 2017
Working for AT&T was my forever job. Due to medical concerns I needed to leave. AT&T provided everything I could hope for from an employer. Now being retired I would like to get a part-time job to supplement my business ncome.
Pros
Benefits, hourly wage & at the time job security.
Cons
Stress level.
Great environment, supportive management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 19, 2017
I worked for DirecTV several years ago, before it was bought out by AT&T. The site I worked for was comfortable, had good pay and benefits, supportive management and was concerned about employee retention.
very high turn over rate
Buried Wire Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 19, 2017
Not a good place to work if you have a personal life because they demand pretty much all of your time. The benefits are great and the pay could be better because of how physically demanding the job is.
sales rep
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
This was a great job that I love to do the people are great and the management knows how to treat thier staff. I love selling a product that can sell because it is a quality product.
Pros
pay
Cons
location

Want to know more about AT&T?

Ask a question
Amazing work environment and rewarding job.
Customer Loyalty Group Representative (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 19, 2017
I have worked in the call center industry for many years and when I started my career at Att/Directv I knew it was a job I would love. Working as a customer loyalty specialist can be stressful like most call center jobs are but at the end of the day I can always say that I truly helped someone whether that is by lowering their bill to a more manageable rate for them or by disconnecting their account in a kind and courteous way. Being able to truly help someone and know that you have made their day better is why I love customer service and this job allows me to think about the customer first unlike other jobs I've had.
Pros
great management, emotionally rewarding, good pay with 6 month raises, union environment, commision.
Cons
odd hours, regular shift bidding based on siniority
very energetic environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 18, 2017
A typical day at work would be to be installing dish satellite for customers. What i have learned in the time working for DirecTV. Its a really awesome. In this company there is something to learn everyday. Management are really good people. The hardest part of the job was the weather really difficult to work under different conditions of weather. The most enjoyable part of the job is to talk with the customers and make the customers happy. It was always great to see how happy customers get after they get to watch TV to something that i worked on and accomplished.
Pros
great people to work with and able to learn something everyday.
Cons
not enough time to be having lunch
Payment Processing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 18, 2017
A typical work day in the remittance center is always busy and moves quite fast. The day starts by checking the board to see how many items were delivered by the post office. Once that number is determined we're able to see how many representatives will be required to process the work. Throughout the day all opened mail is transported to another department where the checks and stubs are ran through larger machines while the images are captured for the bank. Once the checks and payments are processed, these checks and stubs are stored in a highly secure area until they are ready to be purged.

This job has encouraged organization and leadership. Organization is very important to any process in a business setting. This allows things to run smooth and efficiently.As a leader I am responsible for making sure that work is distributed and processed in a timely manner. I also assure that misdirected items are returned back to the post office or to the customer. The hardest part of this job is remembering to take a break because I get so involved in daily tasks that I easily lose track of time.

Management gives opportunities for career growth and leadership roles. I have always had a desire to be a leader and to be able to direct my own path. Every Monday I am asked to take part in meetings to discuss goals for the team and share ideas on how we can meet those goals by the end of the work day. Working as a team leader can be difficult at times because of the fast paced environment and high demanding work loads from day to day.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture.
  more... The office culture is friendly and respectful. Each month we celebrate birthdays. Every quarter we plan a team building activities such as bowling or trivia games. The company strives to cross train everyone on other job functions so that each person can see how their job and performance affects the next person.  less
Pros
Medical benefits, discounts
Cons
Reduced pay, layoffs
Productive, fun, and efficient workplace
Sales Rep./Stores Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2017
Sales is the name of the game. You have to be on top of your game and know your sales tactics. Setting in the workplace really pushes you to be your best.
Pros
Discounted Rate Plans
Cons
Short breaks
Collaborative workplace that embrace diversity
Lead Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2017
A great place to work that embraces diversity, develops managers and provides opportunities to learn all areas of the business. I like that we don't have a typical work environment. We have open space seating where you can collaborate with your team, use of media that allows you to work remotely and meet with others outside of your location (ie. Skype, telepresence, webex). The culture is very cultivating, it allows you to do your work, develop yourself via employee resource groups mentoring sessions, AT&T university courses and team building activities. Your day and your journey is what you make it.
Pros
cafeteria, at&t university, employee resource groups
Cons
commuting long distance in a busy city
Fun place to work
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 18, 2017
Great place to work, constantly busy, management great, hardest part of job was standing for hours. Enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning new things.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long hours and standing
did not enjoy working here
Wire Technician (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 18, 2017
i did not enjoy working for AT&T. they did not focus on their employees as people but rather numbers. Worked very long hours with little pay and benefits
Great place to gain experience, poor management
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 18, 2017
The company was run very poorly. Management did not know exactly how to manage its employees in terms of work-life balance. Good place for experience.
Pros
45 minute lunch breaks
Cons
Poor training, poor scheduling, poor management
Management is trying
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHJune 18, 2017
Management is a joke. You only get to be a manager by who you know. Supervisor's do not try to improve their employees but degrade them to keep them from moving up into their positions. Unless you fit in their click...you don't fit. Pay is not based on your experiences and abilities but if you have been accepted into your supervisor's click. The union is just name's sake and WILL NOT defend you as a union member but defends and backs the company.
Pros
Great benefits, company incentives and awards, full time employment and 401K available. Great breaks and company lunches and picnics.
Great place
Operator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSJune 18, 2017
Productive fun place to work, the calls from the customers keep you laughing all day. The managers werent bad either. I loved working for the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AT&T. Our community is ready to answer.