AT&T Employee Reviews in United States

Found 13,113 reviews matching the search
Good working environment with schedule allowing for personal development as well as a social life, outside of work.
Advertising Account Executive / Marketing Mgr (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL (base location)August 14, 2016
Care and respect afforded to most all of the employees I ever was in contact with and worked besides. Rewarded for performance, and overall accomplishments.
Pros
Allowed to perform duties independently, full service facilities for 24/7 operations
Cons
Forced Staff reductions
Enjoyed working with technology.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJune 16, 2016
Complete installs, trouble shoot, install new serving terminal and drop wires. Concentrated on customer satisfaction.management listed to the wrong people for info on me with out verifying info. Co-workers were easy to get along with. Hardest part of job is not having enough time to test the complete circuit and equipment and adapting to 4 supervisors in 2 years.
Pros
working out in the field from state line to state line.
Cons
starting pay at 15.00 with a B.S. Degree
Poor Managers
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 22, 2016
Managers constantly distracted from teaching you and will discipline you for their failure to teach.

Great co-workers

You'll spend alot of time answering questions for people that don't know how to work their phones.

You won't make the money you expect to because everything shifted to selling direct tv and digital life.
Pros
union, lots of vacation days, great benefits
Cons
management, lack of training, commission expectation
Lifetime of experience in many departments
Business Manager Information Technology-Billing (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 16, 2016
I learned so much from starting as a directory assistance operator to a business manager in the Information Technology department. Gained a wealth of knowledge over the years,. worked with amazing peers, and always felt secure in my job. The best part of working for this corporation was the constant gaining of new knowledge with the changing of the worlds technology. It was always challenging which I loved.
Pros
Being able to telecommute when needed
Great job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2016
Busy for start to finish, I learned how to work with people on all levels and different cultures. Most of the offices I have worked in have great management that are willing to help move up in the company. The hardest part of the job is having to relocate occasionally to keep your job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the 6 weeks of vacation time and the flexible days off.
Pros
onsite gym
Cons
constant relocation
Great place to begin a Career
Technical Consultant - Gov/ED (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 15, 2016
Large company so the paycheck is always on-time. Daily routine is always reactionary. Hardest part of the job is learning all the diverse systems. Depending on department and role, there are lots of long-term folks that often show you how something is done properly. I've learned over the years to treat others always professionally even if they do not return the favor and then, always to keep every piece of documentation and email to document your actions and those of management.
Pros
Ever-changing work environment
Cons
Ever-changing work environment
Great company with stability and endless opportunities.
Application Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2016
I learned how to operate and function within a large company and learned to leverage the different entities to be successful.

Management and leadership is very success driven and really dedicated to giving you the tools you need to be successful.

The best part of the job are the co-workers as it's great to work with like minded, professional individuals.

The most complicated part of the job is dealing with the compliance requirements of such a large company. There are many trainings you must constantly perform in order to stay up to date with company compliance.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lack of sales incentives and awards.
Learned so much from this company. Good Experience
Retail Sales Consultant/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2016
Loved that I got to learn so much with this company and gain the experience I needed to move forward. As far as life balance their is none. Once you work here there is no life outside at&t. To many managers that don't show leadership and all they care about is getting paid and not really helping it's employees progress and get them where they need to be. Hate that the way they get you to produce numbers is by treating to fire you. Besides that I loved the company it's self. Good money and benefits.
Pros
good money and benefits
Cons
very stressful environment
Great Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 16, 2016
At&t is what you make of it. The hours are good, but if you have a family, it's hard to balance family life. If you listen to what they teach you on selling and actually implement it, you can make some serious cash. The issue I noticed was that you may have a great month but then you can't slack off or your pay is affected and your seen as not trying hard. Oh well, good company all in all.
Pros
Good comp
Cons
Working weekends
The level of growth is limitless
Wire Technician (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 13, 2016
This was one of the most satisfying jobs I have ever had. It provided challenges and rewards unlike any other. There was a balance between work, community and family that allowed for location, remote and virtual workspace give a sense of accomplishment and truly made me feel as if I was making a difference. The culture and values of the company made me more socially aware and active. To this day I still involve myself is community affairs and helping people in need.
stressful and unfriendly work environment
Tier II Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 29, 2016
We were told the customer comes first yet were measured by statistics and metrics that nothing to do with customer service. There was virtually no room for advancement. Our schedules changed on a weekly basis, and as schedules went by seniority there were people whom had never had a whole weekend off in years.
Pros
the pay
Cons
every other aspect of working there
Amazing company to work for
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Ft. Worth, TXJuly 8, 2016
Great company. Daily work was very smooth and easy going for the day. Learned how to install high speed internet, phones and television services in homes, and how to run and operate all equipment tied to the use of. Management was great but I think the communication between departments needed to be stronger. Co-workers were very helpful when needed and very informative with years of experience. The hardest part was trying to learn new information on equipment and procedures in a limited time. What I enjoyed most about the job was getting to help and meat new people in my field of work and attempting to learn anything new about it
Pros
Benefits, free uniforms, discounts
Cons
Communication between management and departments, limited time to learn new things
Best place I've ever worked
Premise Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 27, 2016
It's definitely not for everybody. Long hours(10-14hour days), sometimes a 6day workweek without warning, I was given a 5day notice that I was gonna be sent up to Kansas for a month, I found out on my honeymoon. All and all if you can put up with some harsh work environments and some angry people, its a great job. I loved every minute of it
Pros
Good pay with unlimited overtime whether you want it or not
Residential Network Engineer.
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 15, 2016
This is by far one of the most challenging and most loved jobs I have ever had. This job has taught me many things that I use on a day to day basis. Management was great and your co-workers are like a brotherhood to help you out whenever you're unsure of something. The hardest part of the job is everything. but that's also the best part as well.
Pros
management, co-workers, support, customers
Cons
Overtime(If you don't mind it), pole-climbing.
Could be fun to work for till changes came along
Advanced Technical Support Tier II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 17, 2016
Higher ups decided we would go from Tech Support to supporting all things AT&T: U-Verse; Direct TV; Pre-Paid; Web based services, etc. Train us for 2 weeks then send up back to the phones to take the calls for anything & everything.
Pros
Music; Fun Actvities; Giveaways: Union
Cons
Raises; Inability to take time off when needed; assigned stuff not trained for properly
Worked twenty years in various roles
Large Business Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 12, 2016
AT&T is undoubtedly the place where I acquired the majority of my real-world experience in the workplace. During my years there, I worked in telemarketing, customer service, calling card security, marketing to small businesses, training, design and deployment of data circuitry, billing disputes for large corporate customers.
Pros
Wonderfully diverse company with many opportunities
Cons
They moved my job to Pittsburgh and Syracuse
Not a good working environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hutchins, TXJuly 27, 2016
This particular was Very unprofessional. On a typical day managers fired hard working people for false accusations. The managers their self were stealing time but we had meetings every week about staying on task. The managers always talked about unnecessary topics that did not pertain to the work environment.There wasn't any personal or Professional gain.The work environment was dangerous and everyday there was chaos. Managers fighting on workers. I learned how to stay to myself and work alone that was the only way to keep my job. The AT&T Union workers Belittled everyone and anyone that worked their. I didn't feel welcomed. My Co-workers were the only thing that made my day go a little easier.
Pros
Lunch with co-workers
Cons
short breaks, managers stealing time
AT&T is one of the best employer in US
Sr Tech Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2016
AT&T is a huge and conservative company. It's a company that is changing so fast so there's a lot of opportunities to grow. It can be high stress like any other huge enterprise. You have to continuously develop yourself and there's a lot of training online training opportunity.

It's one of the few remaining companies giving pension plan to management employees.
Pros
A lot of room to grow, pension plan, pays relatively well, encourage life balance
ATT was a motivational work enviroment. Each day we had goals to reach and each day was a success.
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 10, 2016
Working for ATT, I learned how to work as a team and be a team player. Each day the our manger had a team huddle. These huddles included our goals for the day, reviewing the new plans & most important it was an encouragement to hit our targets in sales. Being part of the ATT family gave me motivational to exceed in sales. Working for a competitive company like ATT builds character & it built me to be a leader.
Busy workplace
Customer service representative, Sykes (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 21, 2016
A typical day at sykes consist of taking 30 or more calls a day. Management isn't so helpful. As a customer service representative, you have to research the answer to the question if you do not know it and sometimes all the information that you need isn't present. Many managers available but not too many know how to help you. The coworkers are great at helping each other out.