The Senior Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely performance of various accounting functions in accordance with US GAAP.
This position will also be responsible for analyzing data and assisting with month-end close.
- Accurately maintain fixed assets.
- Maintain accurate inventory records.
- Maintain accurate budget information in the accounting system.
- Proactively identify and resolve any issues or reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Manage time to assist in the month-end close process including bank reconciliations.
- Record journal entries and ensure the accuracy of information through monthly analysis and reconciliation of assigned accounts.
- Effectively read, understand and communicate details of financial statements, such as budgets, financial reports, accounting information, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative, be independent and a self-starter.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Pays attention to details.
- Highly organized.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Effectively communicates in both written and verbal communication.
- Understands and practices need for confidentiality.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in accounting is required
- Computer skills: Advanced knowledge of MS Office with an emphasis on Excel is required.
- Proficiency in other accounting systems, i.e Great Plains accounting software
- Required work experience: 3 years with US GAAP accounting and financial analysis is required.
Related Terms: Financial Analyst, Financial Analysis, Accounting Clerk, Accounts Payable, Accounts Payables, Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Payable Processor, Accounts Payable Specialist, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Processor, Accounts Receivable Specialist, Bookkeeping, Bookkeeper, Full-Charge Bookkeeper, A/R, A/P, Staff Accounting, Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, Senior Accounting, Payroll, Payroll Clerk, Payroll Processor, Payroll Specialist, AR, AP, PR, BK, ST, SR, FA
Indeed - 13 months ago
ATS’s mission is to resource qualified accounting professionals for quality companies to create flexible, cost effective, productive...