I. POSITION SUMMARY
Responsible for accounts payable (A/P), Task-oriented and able to follow standardized work instructions in a structured environment with feedback and direction.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Sort and distribute incoming departmental mail.
- Performs matching of invoices with Purchase Orders and Receiving documents. Resolve any resulting discrepancies.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Process check requests.
- Audit and process credit card bills.
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly.
- 1099 maintenance.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
Minimum of 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience.
High school diploma required. Minimum of 2 years of college courses in accounting preferred.
Oracle Software experience a must
This position will be for 12 weeks, with a possibility to go permanent.
Related Terms: Financial Analyst, Financial Analysis, Accounting Clerk, Accounts Payable, Accounts Payables, Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Payable Processor, Accounts Payable Specialist, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Processor, Accounts Receivable Specialist, Bookkeeping, Bookkeeper, Full-Charge Bookkeeper, A/R, A/P, Staff Accounting, Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, Senior Accounting, Payroll, Payroll Clerk, Payroll Processor, Payroll Specialist, AR, AP, PR, BK, ST, SR, FA