Position: Core Java, J2EE, JSP, Spring, Hibernate , Oracle Developer
Location: Princeton NJ
Company: One of the best in the country
Under general direction, the Senior Software Developer develops strategic solutions for new services and functionality. This role designs software and participates in programming, testing and documentation through the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Timely and effective communications to the team, organization and outside vendors are regularly disseminated as part of this job function.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
· Formulate and define system scope and objectives for assigned projects.
· Develop appropriate software solutions to requests for new services and functionality.
· Develop detailed specifications, application coding, unit and systems testing for the IT department.
· Examine, devise and modify procedures to solve moderately complex problems in regard to existing system capabilities, operating time or the form of desired results.
· Coordinate and support software production schedules and processing.
· Support the planning and training of internal clients when new applications are launched or new processes are put in place.
· Provide peer leadership and collaborate with Leads, team members and other development staff.
· Independently develops software, codes, tests and debugs.
· Proactive identification of gaps (especially across areas) and escalate in a timely and appropriate manner.
· Create and update all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development, and testing.
· Escalate problems of complex technical circumstances to appropriate channels.
· Promote policies that foster quality standards and industry best practice.
Proficient in J2EE and Core Java Programming using Java 5 or Higher.
· Proficient in the following Java Enterprise Technologies using Servlets, Java Server Pages(JSP), Facelets, Java Server Faces(JSF), TagLibs.
· Proficient in developing Software components using Spring, Hibernate/JPA, JDBC.
· Experience with XML.
· Analytical skills to independently translate Use Cases and Specifications into Implementation.
· Understanding of Database Entities, Relationships, SQL queries and Transactions with Oracle.
· Understanding of Java Server Runtimes Such as JBOSS,Tomcat.
· Experience with Unix / Linux Commands.
· Understanding of Web Services Standards and Development using Java Web Services Stack such as Apache CXF, Jboss WS.
· Understanding of Web Application Security.
· Experience with unit testing with JUnit.
· Understanding of Design Patterns.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The ideal candidate may also have the following skills sets, but not required.
· Experience with PL/SQL.
· Experience in trouble shooting and tuning JVM / Application Server Performance.
· Experience with Java Messaging Services and Message Driven Beans.
· Understanding of Web 2.0 and AJAX Technology
A Bachelors degree with coursework in the information processing or business-related curricula, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.